Firehouse Subs Coming to California

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
It's really hard to eff up a sub.

More fast food. More road congestion. Just wait until the Golden Coral pig trough is done. That intersection is going to be a worse hell.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
None of these chain shops can make a true Philly Hoagie or a Philly Cheese Steak. None of them. It's worth the ride to Philly just to have one of each.

OldHillcrestGuy

None of these chain shops can make a true Philly Hoagie or a Philly Cheese Steak. None of them. It's worth the ride to Philly just to have one of each.

I may have found a place, some of you folks may know the place. Its Philly Flash in the shopping center up in Dunkirk where the Walmart is. Families that opened the place have roots that go way back to Philly, its the Italian familes of the Procopio's and DeCesaris.
Thursday was my first time there and I got the philly cheese steak and it ranked right up there with the best I ever had. I only wish it was closer like Prince Frederick, seldom make it up to Dunkirk but made a special trip to check this place out.

We had lunch at Firehouse yesterday. Thumbs up from us. Hook and Ladder "fully involved" gets my vote and the other named combinations look good too. You can make up your own too of course.

I'm not a native but I have been here a couple of decades. An observation on Friday evening as we were entering Cheeseburgerwas to note the steady stream of traffic on 235. I remember moving down here for good from the Columbia, MD area in 92'ish and by 7pm there was not much activity.

As we had lunch outside at Firehouse the traffic was even more amp'ed up, impatience at the light (horn's honking) at times, I had the same thoughts about the increased activity.

While we are not close to the number and variety of places at present I think more and more "Blanding Boulevard" in Jacksonville, FL when wondering about Rt. 235's future.

Not a bad thing necessarily just an observation.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We had lunch at Firehouse yesterday. Thumbs up from us. Hook and Ladder Loaded gets my vote and the other named combinations look good too. You can make up your own too of course.

I'm not a native but I have been here a couple of decades. An observation on Friday evening as we were entering Cheeseburgerwas to note the steady stream of traffic on 235. I remember moving down here for good from the Columbia, MD area in 92'ish and by 7pm there was not much activity.

As we had lunch outside at Firehouse the traffic was even more amp'ed up, impatience at the light (horn's honking) at times, I had the same thoughts about the increased activity.

While we are not close away to the number and variety of places at present I think more and more "Blanding Boulevard" in Jacksonville, FL when wondering about Rt. 235's future.

Not a bad thing necessarily just an observation.

:yay: Blanding Blvd is AWFUL AWFUL traffic! Haven't been there since 2011, but it was still awful through 10pm on Fri & Sat nights.

BernieP

Resident PIA

try Days Off Deli for some good down home (South Philly) cooking :)

Actually Wa Wa can be forced to make a pretty decent Italian Hoagie

bulldog

Went to Firehouse subs today and am NOT impressed. Food is okay, but really nothing to brag about. Their meat is a bit better, but honestly, I can have one made at Subway that is much more to my liking. At FH, no spinach, no hot peppers, green peppers, etc., etc...all the other the side items that you can get at Subway to make it just the way you want it.

Also, granted they are new and it was lunch time (11:15) and they were busy, but it took us 15 minutes to stand in line and place our order and then another 20.5 minutes after the order was placed before we got our subs. Yes, I timed it.

CRHS89

I have been in one in North Carolina a few times and my experience was that it took a while to get my order once I placed it. That could have just been that location though.