First fall...

mingiz

Horse Poor
Remember what I did when i fell off (with an audience!!) Ming??
I :bawl: AFTER I got back on and went to the end of the line so nobody would see me do it. :lol:

GAWD that hurt. WHUMP ....took me quite a while to be able to breathe again-and wouldn't have been able too had you not put my arms above my head!!! I still have that deer skull sitting proudly in my living room as a reminder. :biggrin:

It's not IF you'll fall, Larry, it's WHEN. If you ride enough, you will come unseated. That's just the way it is. So you don't complain, you train your mount or yourself. She'll be fine.

My little one bears the scars from when she zigged off her horse into a coil of barbed wire, and she's super-dooper proud of that barb-wire scar on her upper arm!! :dead: all the blood...and MGH tried to hide it from me when i caught up to them on the trail. :lol:

We all have those stories to share.

Aww hell yea I do...Sorry I had to laugh at ya cause I had been there done that...Bet ya learned a lesson from it didn't ya:killingme:killingme:killingme I can still see me standing over you saying breath breath:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't get a high from falling either. I might have when I was younger, but don't now that I'm older with kids.

I can't help it. There is the adrenaline dump for one thing when it happens. The fear of how much am I hurt? Then the excitement of knowing you ain't dead and nothing is broke too bad. Right now, I ache EVERYWHERE, but it's getting better. Stretching mostly. There's something renewing and invigorating about the whole thing.

Would y'all ride if it was the same as getting on a carousel, zero danger?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Would y'all ride if it was the same as getting on a carousel, zero danger?

I don't WANT to ride a dangerous horse, and I make sure mine aren't through training and lots of wet saddle pad time.

Although there are peeps who do like that type of horse (or bull or whatever), the vast majority of us pleasure riders just don't enjoy a challenging animal. They ride to relax. :patriot:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
[QUOTE Would y'all ride if it was the same as getting on a carousel, zero danger?[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the riders ability and confidence level. Some need to be on the carousel ride and will never get any further. Others might want to always be expending there ablilities. Many times it is the relationship and bond that horse and rider make that makes horse back riding so much fun. When you feel the horse relax underneath you and trust you as a rider. The team work and the feeling you get when everything just clicks.:cartwheel

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't WANT to ride a dangerous horse, and I make sure mine aren't through training and lots of wet saddle pad time.

Although there are peeps who do like that type of horse (or bull or whatever), the vast majority of us pleasure riders just don't enjoy a challenging animal. They ride to relax. :patriot:

I don't mean a dangerous horse per se; I mean the thrill of being all the way UP there, on horseback. The thrill of the animal going, walking, running, responding to your commands, controlling (to the extent anyone actually controls a horse!) the speed, the direction, the, well, the thrill.

I do not like nor want to get hurt but the thrill of operating the machine, directing it, jumping, hard turns, all of that has the element of danger and paying for it once in awhile is part of that thrill. To me. :buddies:

I mean, no one rides a horse because it's like a rocking chair, right?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I don't mean a dangerous horse per se; I mean the thrill of being all the way UP there, on horseback. The thrill of the animal going, walking, running, responding to your commands, controlling (to the extent anyone actually controls a horse!) the speed, the direction, the, well, the thrill.

I do not like nor want to get hurt but the thrill of operating the machine, directing it, jumping, hard turns, all of that has the element of danger and paying for it once in awhile is part of that thrill. To me. :buddies:

Hmmm, yes some like the rocking chair and others like the crotch rockets. :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!

:lmao: you've never read the description of how a Rocky Mountain Horse moves...or my signature line. It means they move like a gliding rocking chair. So..um yeah, i ride rocking chair horses. I'm a baby boomer and i don't like my tatas looking like bulldog puppies playing under my t-shirt.

mingiz

Horse Poor
:lmao: you've never read the description of how a Rocky Mountain Horse moves...or my signature line. It means they move like a gliding rocking chair. So..um yeah, i ride rocking chair horses. I'm a baby boomer and i don't like my tatas looking like bulldog puppies playing under my t-shirt.

Yea right:faint: We know you got those puppies taped down:lmao::lmao:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

If you need extra help I can vouch for this sports bra. I'm a DD and it really keep movement to a minimum. It's a complete boob masher but it works great to keep the girls from bobbing about.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! and CHEEEEEEEEEEEEP Too!! Thanks! Oh do the straps come together in the back or are they separate like a regular one?

Love this: "Warning: major masher bra" :lol: no more need for minimizers. :biggrin:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! and CHEEEEEEEEEEEEP Too!! Thanks!

Love this: "Warning: major masher bra" :lol: no more need for minimizers. :biggrin:

Until 2 years ago when I retired from the military I used to run almost daily and it worked for me. Mine are pretty old now but they still keep the "vertical bounce" under control well. I had to dig them out as soon as I started riding again, that first trot with a cute bra on was a killer. :lol:

If you have really big ones they sell this model too but it's pricey.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

OK, but it's still a rocking chair 6 feet up in the air moving at 25 mph that could turn on you at any moment, right?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Until 2 years ago when I retired from the military I used to run almost daily and it worked for me. Mine are pretty old now but they still keep the "vertical bounce" under control well. I had to dig them out as soon as I started riding again, that first trot with a cute bra on was a killer. :lol:

If you have really big ones they sell this model too but it's pricey.
I actually like a little less of a uniboob look than either of these, I like the 68.00 model of course. :ohwell:

mingiz

Horse Poor
OK, but it's still a rocking chair 6 feet up in the air moving at 25 mph that could turn on you at any moment, right?

Well I wouldn't say turn on ya but they will wake ur azz up when they catch ya napping....:lmao:

OK Would you like to try one and see how tall you feel. My horse is about 6ft at the shoulder...I'm 5'7 and I can't see over him.. And he''s a big puppy. You can wear your MC helmet if you like....:lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Well I wouldn't say turn on ya but they will wake ur azz up when they catch ya napping....:lmao:

OK Would you like to try one and see how tall you feel. My horse is about 6ft at the shoulder...I'm 5'7 and I can't see over him.. And he''s a big puppy. You can wear your MC helmet if you like....:lmao:
LOVE your AV. :biggrin: