First fall...

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Check it out. You don't even have to actually fall off to mess yourself up. Yesterday my sooper-dooper safe lazy ex-halter horse decided to spook sideways on a trail ride and then give a few cow hops for no dang reason. I got his head back up and regained control with minimal loss of dignity, found my stirrups and rode on. Today it feels like somebody took a sledge hammer to my inner thigh where I came down hard on the pommel, my right leg doesn't want to move much. What lovely color hey? And I'm committed to riding again tomorrow...

Attachments

• Bruise.jpg
    Bruise.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 80

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Check it out. You don't even have to actually fall off to mess yourself up. Yesterday my sooper-dooper safe lazy ex-halter horse decided to spook sideways on a trail ride and then give a few cow hops for no dang reason. I got his head back up and regained control with minimal loss of dignity, found my stirrups and rode on. Today it feels like somebody took a sledge hammer to my inner thigh where I came down hard on the pommel, my right leg doesn't want to move much. What lovely color hey? And I'm committed to riding again tomorrow...

:buddies: :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well I wouldn't say turn on ya but they will wake ur azz up when they catch ya napping....:lmao:

OK Would you like to try one and see how tall you feel. My horse is about 6ft at the shoulder...I'm 5'7 and I can't see over him.. And he''s a big puppy. You can wear your MC helmet if you like....:lmao:

Thanks, but no thanks! I rode when I was young and I never learned to trust the animal. I learned that some of them are literally dumber than a post, some of them are devious and black hearted and most are somewhere in between being a Baby Huey dork to the loyalty of a dog to the self interest of a cat in a matter of minutes.

I'll trust the machines. Then, I am the only problem, which is bad enough! :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
:faint: just looking at that makes my thigh hurt!
At least you stayed ON. :yay:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Thanks, but no thanks! I rode when I was young and I never learned to trust the animal. I learned that some of them are literally dumber than a post, some of them are devious and black hearted and most are somewhere in between being a Baby Huey dork to the loyalty of a dog to the self interest of a cat in a matter of minutes.

I'll trust the machines. Then, I am the only problem, which is bad enough! :lol:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

mingiz

Horse Poor

Nice purple converstation piece. :faint: I have felt your pain.:lmao::lmao:But atleast you got braggin rights that you rode it out:starcat:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
:faint: just looking at that makes my thigh hurt!
At least you stayed ON. :yay:

Nice purple converstation piece. :faint: I have felt your pain.:lmao::lmao:But atleast you got braggin rights that you rode it out:starcat:

I was too afraid to fall! We were a few feet away from a barbed wire fence on one side and a paved road on the other! I don't know if we could have caught him again and, because he is so new, I doubt he would find his way back to the barn. He was 1440 lbs of panicked idiot and there wasn't a car, cow, or critter in sight. Hubby pointed out to me this morning that I also have a matching silver dollar sized bruise right above my belly button from the horn! I hadn't even noticed that one :lol:

I had to cancel my ride today with friends, I was just too damn sore still and had to bring my poor elderly kitty to the vet. He was bleeding out the butt and thankfully he is easily treatable without heroic measures since I got him in right away. In the last 2 months I've spent well over $1000 on vet bills between the horses, ponies, and cats! :jameo:

Spicober

Sorry you are in pain today.
My big problem with falling or just hurting myself is my "not so nice" words that spew from my mouth. Most are at myself for falling, but none the less the peps around me usually get a earfull:lmao:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!

Wow. I am still trying to visualize how you did that....

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Wow. I am still trying to visualize how you did that....

It's all kind of a blur actually. :lol: On the second cow hop I had lost my stirrups and he was coming up again as I was going down, I didn't even register the saddle horn in the gut but it must have got me pretty good to leave such a perfect purple circular bruise. I'd guess I was just about over his shoulder before I somehow recovered. The scary part was that I was an idiot and didn't have my newly purchased helmet on. It was hot, this is the "safe" horse, and I didn't want to look like a dork being the only one wearing a helmet. Lesson learned....

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
It's all kind of a blur actually. :lol: On the second cow hop I had lost my stirrups and he was coming up again as I was going down, I didn't even register the saddle horn in the gut but it must have got me pretty good to leave such a perfect purple circular bruise. I'd guess I was just about over his shoulder before I somehow recovered. The scary part was that I was an idiot and didn't have my newly purchased helmet on. It was hot, this is the "safe" horse, and I didn't want to look like a dork being the only one wearing a helmet. Lesson learned....

AHHHH the saddle horn did that!!!! That is a good reason to ride english.:popcorn:

mingiz

Horse Poor
AHHHH the saddle horn did that!!!! That is a good reason to ride english.:popcorn:

In an english saddle she would have never stayed on at all...:killingme:killingme
And how many times have you hit the ground riding in an english saddle:popcorn::smoochy:

Don't lie we have pics:shrug::popcorn::huggy:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
In an english saddle she would have never stayed on at all...:killingme:killingme
And how many times have you hit the ground riding in an english saddle:popcorn::smoochy:

Don't lie we have pics:shrug::popcorn::huggy:

Me??? never....:whistle: or maybe I have hit my head one too many times to remember.:killingme