First Osprey of the Season

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yesterday was St Patrick's Day and no Ospreys to be seen on my treks on and off the island. This is the first time I can remember not seeing any by now.

Bonehead

Saw some last week on St Mary's campus. Just hanging there 10' off the cliff with a breeze blowing suspended with their wings spread. Nice lunch time show.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Still nothing but bald eagles here on St. George's. Did see a very young eagle flying out of our tall trees a couple days ago...that's a first, so I'm assuming they must be nesting here now and not just being unwelcome (by the osprey) interlopers from across the river.

mitzi

The resident osprey on the siren in Leonardtown has been back. Over the winter, the town put up a pole with the nesting box right next to the siren. The siren now has an orange cone on top of it. This will interesting to watch.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Last Thursday I saw one in the nest box at Port Tobacco Resort and another one in the nest box on Rte 6 just before the little country store at the fork in the road. Love seeing them return!

NextJen

Raisin cane
63474A48-8BEF-47BF-92FF-FDB7F674DF46.jpeg

Miker/t

As we were walking around our neighborhood lake in Waldorf this afternoon, I was telling my wife a couple of you saw ospreys already and one flew right over us carrying a mouse or something. Also saw a bunch of turtles out.