Floating Feeling?

S

Shutterbug

And here I thought the title of this thread referred to how everyone feels after eating all that food today. :ohwell:

rack'm

Jaded
sweetpea said:
I've heard that crap before:duh: and in reference to men too. It's a crock:duh: I actually think it's an old wives tale.

Pretty much, but you must admit, you've seen girls that look just like their mother too. :lol:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
cyphertext69 said:
So I recently met this girl...When I am around her, I feel like I am floating or walking on cloud nine...I can't stop kissing her and it all seems surreal. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and everything I could ever ask for in a girl.

True Love? Or not? What's your opinion?
Here ya go.............
Stage 1: Attraction- a positive response to a person beyond friendship. This can further be broken down into two areas: (a) physical attraction & (b) emotional attraction.

a. Physical Attraction- happens when your bady reacts to another person. Heart rate increases; temperature rises, palms get sweaty; stomach flutters; throat tightens; etc. This is the most superficial "loves" on one level, but one of the most powerful on another. It represents the first contact.

b. Emotional Attraction- develops next if the circumstances are right. After being drawn to a person physically, you then begin to converse. If you find things in common -- hobbies, ideologies, career, education, or some other common ground -- then an emotion attraction starts to form. An emotional attraction can also occur even when a physical attraction does not. And in this case, the bond may even be stronger between the two who connect, since no preconcieved notions based on physical appearance has occured.

Stage 2. Romance- essentially an act of trying to influence or gain favore of another by lavishing attention or gifts upon them. There are two types of romance: (a) selfish romance & (b) selfless romance.

(a) Selfish Romance- occurs when you do romantic acts solely for the purpose of gaining something for yourself -- like to get gifts, to impress someone else, or even simply for sexual favors whether your partner is interest or not.
(b) Selfless Romance- occurs when you do romantic acts for the enjoyment and pleasure of your partner. You recieve your enjoyment and pleasure through their happiness.

(Selfish romance (& love) will quickly die out. Selfless romance (& love) rekindled.)

Stage 3. Passion- a desire for another person, which has grown to an intensity that can't be ignored. This is often where an emotional relationship turns into a physical relationship. The passion stage is very important. It's a plateau. From here, the relationship will for fork into two roads, and the couple must decide which path to take. The relationship will either burn itself out or will move onto the next stage.

Stage 4. Intimacy- a close association with another person of the deepest nature. You share your thaughts, your feelings, your dreams. In true intimacy, there is nothing that you cannot tell this person (though we often hesitate because of our own unfounded fears). Intimacy is not total in one swoop. It is a developing process, which never ends. If you can't establish intimacy with your partner, your relationship may work for a while, but is unlikely to endure throughout the years.

Stage 5. Commitment- a pledge to remain true to your mate throughout the good and bad times. Commitment is easy when time are good. Commitment can be extremely difficult when times are bad. Learn to ride out the bad times. If you've made it this far, why give up? Listen to each other, be willing to compromise, and remember why you got together in the first place.

:flowers:

C

cyphertext69

Well, I thank you all for replying and as everyone describes it, its definitely a true love...I am in aww with this girl and I am heart broken that she is not with me now...With that being said...I miss her, terribly...So its off to dround the feelings in beer!

C

cyphertext69

So let me ask this question....what dictates the correct amount of time prior to marriage? Maybe that's a better question.

C

cyphertext69

CMC122 said:
I thought you were in love with Pixie yesterday:confused:

Hmm...well what if I were talking about pixie?

If it were pixie, I am sure she would have chimed in by now and told you...She has a lot of posts and I am sure that she is good friends with a few of you so I am sure that a lot of you would have known....Keep guessing

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
cyphertext69 said:
So let me ask this question....what dictates the correct amount of time prior to marriage? Maybe that's a better question.
I would say at least 6 months, and until you can afford that big 'ol ring.

C

cyphertext69

harleygirl said:
I would say at least 6 months, and until you can afford that big 'ol ring.

Afford the big ass ring? I have $25,000 saved for it. So what dictates after that?