Flooring Choices

jeneisen

Indy Bound
My husband and I want to have laminate floors put in before Christmas, but we wanted to look at all of our options first before paying Doyles or Griffen to come in and install it. We looked at the option of buying the flooring from Lowes and putting it in ourselves, but my husband doesn't have the time and we really want to have someone else install it. Can anyone recommed a person/place that would give us a great price and install it? I am even open to websites that sell the supplies and paying someone to put it in, but if anyone knows of any local stores with good prices, we will go that way as well.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You might want to see if any of the installers that work for the companies do side work. They might be able to give you the professional installation at a better rate and use your materials.

John Z

if you will
Don't know where you live, but we had Flooring Central in La Plata install laminate flooring in our house about a year ago. We're very happy with it.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Not sure where you live, but about 10 miles over the Harry Nice bridge there is GCO on the right.....It is owned by Griffin and they have some really nice prices....There is a Tennison boy that installs too...They would have his name...He may even be in the phone book under Tennison flooring....He does an excellent job....I think you will be very satisfied with the laminate flooring....I ahve a lot of it and I am very happy with it....

S

Shutterbug

We recently had Doyles do our ceramic tile in our kitchen. We've had them install carpet in the past and tile in a bathroom an never had any problems. This time, we were pretty unhappy with the service we received. The workmanship on the tile was fabulous, however, the estimate was off. We were told they could install it in one day, but it ended up taking three days. They "forgot" to tell us that they would have to install a subfloor, then the tile, then the grout....all on separate days. Another issue we had with them is that on the third day, the guy didn't show up when they said he would and we wasted half the day waiting for him. Calling the store didn't help, because they don't seem to have any computer system letting other associates know what is going on with their customers. We always had to talk to the same sales associate, and if they weren't in the store, we were SOL.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
The guy that used to own the Subways in Lex Park does tile installations. I think you know him. He's just finishing a big tile job in the new Aldridge Ford showroom.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Yeah I think I know who you are talking about. I didn't think to ask him to help, he is a good friend of the family if we are talking about the same person. I may call him.

I did find the type of flooring we want at Lowes and having my husband put it in will save us a ton of money. If I call him and he will help, then they should be able to knock it out in 3 days.

tipsymcgee

Tennyson Flooring, Chaptico -- 301-769-2744. They do do a lot of the laminate floors for Griffin, I think. Nice guy that does good work. Depending on how big and what you have to work around, it really is easy to install yourself. I did a landing by my front door and a six by 10 section in front of my sliding door and had no trouble.

Last edited:

Vince

I've been looking at doing the same thing in my home. Want to do the living room and dinning room in hardwood flooring. Doing the Kitchen in the heavy ceramic tile.

Aimhigh2000

Doyle's

I had Doyle's install hard wood floors in my dining room, living room and kitchen. I also had them install carpet in the hall and all three bedrooms, and the bathrooms. No problems at all and the cost was lower than the estimate.

Vince

Aimhigh2000 said:
I had Doyle's install hard wood floors in my dining room, living room and kitchen. I also had them install carpet in the hall and all three bedrooms, and the bathrooms. No problems at all and the cost was lower than the estimate.
Do you remember what they charged for the hardwood flooring? I know I can get that stuff from Lumberliquidators for about 2.99 a sq ft. Of course that doesn't include installation because they don't install. I can do that myself, but if Doyle's has a good price for install, I'll save myself the pain.

I want to find out who makes/sells/installed the laminate (or whatever it is) that is in the produce section of the La Plata Safeway. I love that floor.

bluecat

Griffin's has done our carpet and floors for years, unless we did it ourself.

We've always had good luck with them.

Just ask for a sales person that's been there for a long time, so you get someone who knows what they're talking about.