Flynn’s fall should have the intel community in the hot seat

Chris0nllyn

As a matter of fact I do. The people of the United States removed a foreign power and formed their own government. A government that has been good for 238 years as it was founded. If you want a coup now you are a traitor. Period , end of statement.

And by extension, the people of the US have removed a foreign power and formed a govt. they want across the middle east and beyond (think, regime change) for decades.

I wouldn't consider those changes a success.

I don't want to speak for him/her, but Kev_Russell may be eluding to that. Our intelligence community has been involved in govt. changes for a long time now. It was only a matter of time before it came back to bite us.

Unfortunately, a naïve electorate thought it'd be a good idea to expand their powers after 9/11 under the guise of "safety".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Our intelligence community has been involved in govt. changes for a long time now. It was only a matter of time before it came back to bite us.
Unfortunately, a naïve electorate thought it'd be a good idea to expand their powers after 9/11 under the guise of "safety".

Indeed they have, this is about IC employees, intentionally sand bagging someone, because they don't like Trump

Chris0nllyn

Indeed they have, this is about IC employees, intentionally sand bagging someone, because they don't like Trump

It'd be one thing if the public, especially the GOP, gave two ####s any other time besides now.

Fact is, most back our intelligence community and have no problem granting power to them. It shouldn't be a surprise. We, historically, don't put much power and trust into our own government, but that's changing I guess.

Without knowing how the info came out, it's hard to blame anyone.

Hijinx

It'd be one thing if the public, especially the GOP, gave two ####s any other time besides now.

Fact is, most back our intelligence community and have no problem granting power to them. It shouldn't be a surprise. We, historically, don't put much power and trust into our own government, but that's changing I guess.

Without knowing how the info came out, it's hard to blame anyone.

When an American intelligence agancy turns againt the elected President of the United States, the people who do that are traitors.

It's just that simple.

We can argue their reasons all day long but the fact remains they are traitors and need to be removed. Civil service laws not withstanding.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When an American intelligence agancy turns againt the elected President of the United States, the people who do that are traitors.

It's just that simple.

We can argue their reasons all day long but the fact remains they are traitors and need to be removed. Civil service laws not withstanding.

That is ####ing bull####. They take an oath, too. If one of them released info that implicated Obama in treason you'd be among the first to applaud their patriotism. Rightly so if they were correct.

These people MAY be wrong and THEN guilty perhaps of crime, but that's another story, but the principle that they should stand against the president if he's wrong MUST be upheld. They swear an oath, too.

Midnightrider

That is ####ing bull####. They take an oath, too. If one of them released info that implicated Obama in treason you'd be among the first to applaud their patriotism. Rightly so if they were correct.

These people MAY be wrong and THEN guilty perhaps of crime, but that's another story, but the principle that they should stand against the president if he's wrong MUST be upheld. They swear an oath, too.
Particularly when the president has already been told and he sends his vice out to lie abuot it.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...in-dark-about-flynns-russian-phone-calls.html

President Trump was reportedly told six days into his presidency that his former national security adviser Michael Flynn misled the vice president about his phone calls with Russia, but did not tell his second-in-command.

Trump, after learning about the phone calls, kept Vice President Pence in the dark about Flynn’s conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, the Associated Press reported Tuesday, citing White House officials.

Pence and other officials emphatically defended Flynn in the weeks leading up to his resignation.

SamSpade

When a sitting President is guilty of treason - then I will stand with them. As much as I don't like some of the recent Presidents - I wouldn't call ANYTHING they've done quite to that level.

You don't do what they did, because you want to protect the Iran deal. That's just a political stunt that in no way serves the nation.

Hijinx

Yes and they are Americans and we see how that bothered them when they started their sedition.
Have they indicated that trump is guilty of treason. Have they shown any evidence. No They started a rumor that got a man fired, and supplied no transcrip[ts of wrong doings.

They have no evidence against Trump, they have nothing illegal to report on him. They don't like him and are trying to destroy his administration for political purposes, and that is wrong.
Their felonious leaks have nothing to do with patriotism and everything to do with their disliking who was elected.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When a sitting President is guilty of treason - then I will stand with them. As much as I don't like some of the recent Presidents - I wouldn't call ANYTHING they've done quite to that level.

You don't do what they did, because you want to protect the Iran deal. That's just a political stunt that in no way serves the nation.

Right but, because we have WAY too much secrecy, we don't know. Hell, what if some spook had audio of Obama promising Medved (or whatever his name was) considerations IF he helped Obama knock off the Clinton's because he didn't want THEM to come back to power? I have little trouble imagining any US President saying things, doing things, that very well constitute treason. Unless we ascribe to the Nixon doctrine that ANYTHING the President does is legal.

Chris0nllyn

Yes and they are Americans and we see how that bothered them when they started their sedition.
Have they indicated that trump is guilty of treason. Have they shown any evidence. No They started a rumor that got a man fired, and supplied no transcrip[ts of wrong doings.

They have no evidence against Trump, they have nothing illegal to report on him. They don't like him and are trying to destroy his administration for political purposes, and that is wrong.
Their felonious leaks have nothing to do with patriotism and everything to do with their disliking who was elected.

What's your stance on the WikiLeaks leaks of DNC and Clinton server e-mails?

Midnightrider

there is no evidence that is what happened. That is just some propaganda being spread by the trump team to distract you from the fact that the admin was caught lying to you.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

That's what you think and you may be right. I'm not arguing that because I don't know nor do I have an opinion other than NO ONE should be surprised if Trump breaks the law given his past and the things he thinks should be fine and things he's saiud he WILL do.

You said the following and that's my point;
When an American intelligence agency turns against the elected President of the United States, the people who do that are traitors.

It's just that simple.
That is crap. They HAVE to if they respect their oath and he did wrong.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
Add to that that they can pick and chose what to share with the commander in chief and then let's all take a moment to ponder the "shadow government" truly running the country that's been mumbled about for decades. Doesn't seem so far fetched after witnessing what's come to light of late, huh?

Saw a re-tweet this morning...

Hijinx

That's what you think and you may be right. I'm not arguing that because I don't know nor do I have an opinion other than NO ONE should be surprised if Trump breaks the law given his past and the things he thinks should be fine and things he's saiud he WILL do.

You said the following and that's my point; That is crap. They HAVE to if they respect their oath and he did wrong.

So please tell me what they did that was legitimate?
Did they show us transcripts?
The FBI stated this morning that nothing in Flynn's conversation was illegal.
The Intelligence Community revealed that they had listened to Flynns call to the Russians and the Media and liberals went psycho over that and now it is revealed that nothing there was illegal.
They started a rumor that ruined this man and you call that legitimate and their duty.
WEell #### them they need to be fired and prosecuted for their illegal leaks.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
Saw a re-tweet this morning...

ForumRunner_20170216_120614.png
...sorry, couldn't fixy the post on my cellphone and Forum Runner. :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So please tell me what they did that was legitimate?
Did they show us transcripts?
The FBI stated this that nothing in Flynn's conversation was illegal.
The Intelligence Community revealed that they had listened to Flynn call to the Russians and the Media and liberals wnet pscho over that and noe it is revealed that nothing there was illegal.
They started a rumor that ruined this man and you cal that legitimate and their duty.
WEell #### them they need to be fired and prosecuted for their illegal leaks.

As I say, I don't know jack about this. My ONLY point is that it should NOT be that by resisting the executive they've committed treason. You said this
When an American intelligence agency turns against the elected President of the United States, the people who do that are traitors.

It's just that simple.
...and that is the sole focus of my comments.

It MAY be that they're acting politically, purely so, and thus are in the wrong. That's another issue from the one I addressed.