Food, Inc. - warning may ruin your dinner!

Cowgirl

Yes! I kept wondering how the heck we got so far into it that we have this huge surplus. Did nobody think to say "Hey man, start growing some cucumbers or something instead"? :lmao:

I know!!! :lol: And it was interesting how yields were so low until after the war when they needed something to do with all the ammonium nitrate. Then yields went through the roof and everything went to hell. :sad:

That infuriated me. They're jumping through hoops to find ways to keep these cows alive while they're feeding them corn, but if they'd just not feed them crap none of those problems would exist. And feeding beef blood and fat to cows is just disgusting. :ohwell:

I KNOW!!! :mad: And feeding chicken litter to them. I'm sorry, but do you ever see buffalo eating chicken shiat and wood shavings and feather bits? Gross! PLUS, they feed beef protein to chickens!!!! What the hell sense does that make?

I'm getting worked up. UGH. I feel like if society knew all this, there would be MAJOR changes to the way things are done. And, I feel like most farmers have no clue about the backwards corn market. I mean, I'm sure they know there's lots of corn, but do they know why?