Food Stamp abuse is rampant. Especially at Crab Knockers

zar

Theist
I'm sick of it. . I go there often and damn near every time some wanna be eminem heroine addict is buying $200 work of crabs with his food Stamp card, which ironically says "independent" on it. Hell if you can use it at crab knockers why not expand it to every restaurant. Hell I've saved up 13k from working this year and living below my means. . I bet I'd qualify for food stamps maybe I can save a little more. All junk food is on limits with these, no restrictions besides hot food I heard. . But I guess this has changed since people can buy steamed crabs with them. Just the other day I saw this women buy $80 worth of dinners from crab knockers with food stamps and then get in her new car while talking on her new iPhone wtf?

When will this country start using common sense.

mamatutu

mama to two
I'm sick of it. . I go there often and damn near every time some wanna be eminem heroine addict is buying $200 work of crabs with his food Stamp card, which ironically says "independent" on it. Hell if you can use it at crab knockers why not expand it to every restaurant. Hell I've saved up 13k from working this year and living below my means. . I bet I'd qualify for food stamps maybe I can save a little more. All junk food is on limits with these, no restrictions besides hot food I heard. . But I guess this has changed since people can buy steamed crabs with them. Just the other day I saw this women buy $80 worth of dinners from crab knockers with food stamps and then get in her new car while talking on her new iPhone wtf?

I feel your outrage. Welcome to Obamaworld, and possibly Clintonworld. It is a slap in the face to all Americans that work hard, and may have nothing to look forward to; as in it will be sucked out of us, just like sucking the fat out of a crab, so to speak.

I think the ultimate agenda is for all us good Americans to say screw it; we will just join the dole. That is what our gov wants. So we will be equal and all, y'all. Over my dead body.

Last edited:

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0

They could be using cash assistance if its steamed crabs... both food stamps and cash assistance is available by using same card. You can use EBT at autozone just the cash side. But I agree it pisses me off as well.

mamatutu

mama to two
They could be using cash assistance if its steamed crabs... both food stamps and cash assistance is available by using same card. You can use EBT at autozone just the cash side. But I agree it pisses me off as well.

Wow. I never knew assistance/EBT/welfare or whatever you want to call it could be used for so much. I thought it was just for food, rent, etc.; like survival stuff. Pretty disgusting. I guess I need to wake up, or go to sleep, or whatever! :lol:

So, my next question is: Do they just blow their monthly wad on crabs or fixing up their car? Or, is there more money when they spend it all? I don't get this at all, y'all.

jess, do you have customers that use their welfare cards to pay for your SO's new biz? I hope not. As my daughter would say, that would be just cray.

Last edited:

FED_UP

Wow. I never knew assistance/EBT/welfare or whatever you want to call it could be used for so much. I thought it was just for food, rent, etc.; like survival stuff. Pretty disgusting. I guess I need to wake up, or go to sleep, or whatever! :lol:

So, my next question is: Do they just blow their monthly wad on crabs or fixing up their car? Or, is there more money when they spend it all? I don't get this at all, y'all.

jess, do you have customers that use their welfare cards to pay for your SO's new biz? I hope not. As my daughter would say, that would be just cray.

And some sell them for cash, the system is stupid.

sm8

Not defending but sometimes child support is placed on the EBT cards also. I have an aunt whose child support was placed on a card after she had to go through the court and have the dad's wages garnished because of failure to pay. Apparently when wages are being garnished you are paid by the government then they are reimbursed once the garnishments arrive.

Hijinx

Not defending but sometimes child support is placed on the EBT cards also. I have an aunt whose child support was placed on a card after she had to go through the court and have the dad's wages garnished because of failure to pay. Apparently when wages are being garnished you are paid by the government then they are reimbursed once the garnishments arrive.

Every time someone tries to fix the problems with Food Stamps or EBT cards they are accused of harassing the poor. Attacking the entitlements is the quickest way to ruin a political career. You don't see Steny mentioning abuse of food stamps do you? You won't see Mikulkski or Cardin making such absurd statements as having to curb any entitlements either, Only the cruel, mean, heartless Republicans would try to take away a persons entitlements.

Entitlements it keeps the Democrats in office.

tommyjo

Here is the fraud reporting site: http://www.fns.usda.gov/program-integrity

If you are so pissed off...then step up and report it.

tommyjo

The real question: Is there ANYTHING you DO know?

here is the SNAP website...why don't you trying reading, learning and educating yourself? http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap

Hannibal

There is no accountability (real) for people who scam this program. No one enforces the limits on the gov't side and far too many businesses accept it as it's just another transaction/sale for them.

There is a running joke in my household. My wife and I would be able to afford A LOT more if we got divorced. We would qualify for various house programs that would help us sell our current place and relocate. She would have a large part of her education paid for. Etc. etc. Obviously tounge in cheek but its another example as to how you are deprived options/benifits simply by doing things right while others can sit back and collect and offer little/nothing to the system.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

That may be what was going on with what the OP witnessed, however, should child support be spent on takeout seafood, or supporting the child for which it was intended?

To all the airheads pushing "Equality", guess what, when I'm paying taxes and you are receiving the benefits of my labor, we are not equal.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That may be what was going on with what the OP witnessed, however, should child support be spent on takeout seafood, or supporting the child for which it was intended?

To all the airheads pushing "Equality", guess what, when I'm paying taxes and you are receiving the benefits of my labor, we are not equal.

How would you feel about that if you ran a take out seafood joint near neighborhoods filled with poor people who had gummint cheese cards and LOVED your seafood?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
.... should child support be spent on takeout seafood, or supporting the child for which it was intended?

All "shoulda's" aside...of course child support money can be spent by the recipient on anything they care to spend it on.

Restless

I find it humorous that the food stamps card used to be called an "Independence" card. I don't know if it is still called that or not. What a joke!

Speaking of using the system, I know of people who get VA disability checks who are not disabled. They work the exact same job they worked when they were active duty. Such a scam. I am planning on reporting them once I can figure out where since it is dealing with the VA specifically. That in itself is can be a headache. How dare they take money when there are real disabled veterans missing arms, legs, etc.

ChesBchSportsmn

soccer rules
Damn, this thread has pissed me off. I've seen people use Independence Cards to buy raw shrimp and scallops at a seafood market, and then go next door to the 7-11 and buy cigarettes and lottery tickets with cash. They were also driving a pretty nice car, a newer Maxima or some type of Infinity as I recall.