Food trends

lucky_bee

RBF expert

As long as you're not actually expecting real mashed potatoes or pasta, subbing in cauliflower or spaghetti squash is really good. I've made lots of potato recipes from cauliflowers. When I'm low-carbing it's nice to have a hearty side dish every once in awhile besides green beans or a salad :lol: I still have some batter I froze when I made these bacon cheddar cauliflower fritters :drool:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
As long as you're not actually expecting real mashed potatoes or pasta, subbing in cauliflower or spaghetti squash is really good. I've made lots of potato recipes from cauliflowers. When I'm low-carbing it's nice to have a hearty side dish every once in awhile besides green beans or a salad :lol: I still have some batter I froze when I made these bacon cheddar cauliflower fritters :drool:
:yay:

mamatutu

mama to two
Yeah, I :yay: that as well. Mashed cheesy cauliflower is amazing, but not if you're hoping it will taste like mashed potatoes.

It is better than mashed potatoes. My daughter got me started on the mashed cauliflower. Some added garlic makes them the best!

Bann

Yeah, I :yay: that as well. Mashed cheesy cauliflower is amazing, but not if you're hoping it will taste like mashed potatoes.

:yeahthat:

The first time I made them like mashed, I made garlic with butter mashed cauliflower. Thing2 said "what's wrong with these mashed potatoes?" "They don't taste...right."

:biggrin:

mamatutu

mama to two
:yeahthat:

The first time I made them like mashed, I made garlic with butter mashed cauliflower. Thing2 said "what's wrong with these mashed potatoes?" "They don't taste...right."

:biggrin:

Thing2 is young. His palate will mature! :biggrin:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Gluten free seems to be the new fad. Everyone with an issue deems themselves gluten intolerant.

Tonight I am starting a Greek trend. Made Taziki and have chicken marinating for suflaki.

I will tell you first hand... Gluten is the worst thing ever ... its like a drug..

and thanks to Lyme I do have a gluten intolerance....

mamatutu

mama to two
Thing2 may be young, but he is an adult. He doesn't like cauliflower. :shrug:

Just commenting. My husband only likes cooked peas and corn. All other veggies he likes raw. I just remember how difficult it was to get my children to eat veggies. Now that they are grown, they love all veggies. Even brussel sprouts. :shrug:

Bann

Just commenting. My husband only likes cooked peas and corn. All other veggies he likes raw. I just remember how difficult it was to get my children to eat veggies. Now that they are grown, they love all veggies. Even brussel sprouts. :shrug:

*sigh* Both of my sons are grown. Neither had any trouble eating vegetables. Thing2 loves Brussels sprouts as well as a wide variety of veggies. :shrug:

mamatutu

mama to two
*sigh* Both of my sons are grown. Neither had any trouble eating vegetables. Thing2 loves Brussels sprouts as well as a wide variety of veggies. :shrug:

You crack me up! You will try to make a set to with me no matter what the subject. You are a hoot! I am glad I met you so I can put a face to it. :bann:

:peace:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

To recap:

Bann does not have children who don't like vegetables; she has adult offspring and one of them does not care for cauliflower.

What do I win? :cartwheel:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cauliflower. :yay:

It's funny you would mention that because yesterday Monello and I had lunch at Pho Saigon, and I am eating my leftover soup right now with leftover cauliflower chopped up in it. DEEE-licious! If I only had some of those stuffed grape leaves to go with it I would be so happy.

Bann

It's funny you would mention that because yesterday Monello and I had lunch at Pho Saigon, and I am eating my leftover soup right now with leftover cauliflower chopped up in it. DEEE-licious! If I only had some of those stuffed grape leaves to go with it I would be so happy.

Foxhound says I need to go there! Anyhoo, what are the grape leaves stuffed with? Are they tasty? I think I had something like that from Safeway's Olive bar once, and they were :dead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Foxhound says I need to go there! Anyhoo, what are the grape leaves stuffed with? Are they tasty? I think I had something like that from Safeway's Olive bar once, and they were :dead:

They're filled with meat and I think rice, then grilled. OMG they are so delicious! The ones at the olive bar are gross - you'd like these.