Football Pool - 2010/11 Wildcard Round

Rael

Supper's Ready
PLAYOFFS - WILDCARD ROUND
Four games to determine who advances to the divisional round next week. Division winners must also play for tiebreaker purposes (it just looks like they have a week off by looking at the bracket - first attachment).

2010 11 Wildcard round bracket.jpg

2010 11 Wildcard round lines.jpg

All picks must be either posted or pm'd to me by midnight Friday (changes may be made up until the first kick-off, though). No changes for any games will be allowed (Sat or Sun) once the first kick-off begins on Saturday, Jan 8th (around 4:30 p.m.). If you feel like you don't want your opponent to see your picks, pm them to me. If it doesn't matter, you can post them...either way is okay. @Merlin99, you can pm them to softballkid if you like, or post them, either way.

Each of the four lines in the second attachment show two things:
- the line (or point spread) for that game
- the total points which the Vegas point setters determined will likely be scored in that game

You’ll have 8 initial choices* to make this week
- a team pick for each game based upon the spread (4 total)
- whether the total points scored will be "over or under" the listed total points for each game (4 total). Any pushes will be zero points for both contenders.

*After making your eight picks, assign your confidence weights to each of them from eight (your most confident pick) down to one (your least confident pick). 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 must all be assigned. Adding them up, this equates to 36 possible points for you this week.

All I need from you is your team picks, your overs/unders, and the weight you assigned to each.

The Most Important Thing For All Of You Contenders - If you have ANY questions/confusion on how this works, feel free to ask in either a post or pm. The sooner the better will give you more time for your picks.

Good luck, all. :buddies:

Don't forget, the color commentary begins at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday right here on SoMD.com. Be there.

SoMD Color Commentary.jpg

R

retiredweaxman

RAEL - picks sent via PM...

TILTED - good luck this weekend.

R

retiredweaxman

RAEL - picks resent in the format you requested. Thanks for bearing with me.

thurley42

HY;FR
Ok, let's see if I can get this right

8 - Ravens
7 - Colts
6 - Packers
5 - Ravens Chiefs UNDER
4 - Seahawks
3 - Seahawks Saints UNDER
2 - Colts Jets UNDER
1 - Eagles Packers OVER

Wildcat97

I'm am new to all this but here we go...

8 - Ratbirds
7 - Colts
6 - Colts Jets Over
5 - Ratbirds Chiefs UNDER
4 - Eagles Packers OVER
3 - Seahawks Saints UNDER
2 - Eagles
1 - Saints

I HATE picking the Ratbirds as an 8 pointer....:burning:

Good luck to all and many thanks to Rael for all the work you put into this for us. :buddies:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
1 Colts / Jets UNDER
2 Seahawks
3 Chiefs
4 Eagles Packers OVER<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
5 Ravens Chiefs UNDER
6 Colts
7 Seahawks / Saints UNDER
8 Eagles

Subject to change when I find out I've screwed it up completely.

Last edited:
8 - Ravens / Chiefs UNDER
7 - Ravens
6 - Saints
5 - Colts
4 - Eagles
3 - Saints / Seahawks UNDER
2 - Colts / Jets UNDER
1 - Eagles / Packers UNDER

Rael

Supper's Ready
Seahawks (1)
Seahawks/Saints - Under (3)
Colts (4)
Colts/Jets - Over (7)
Ravens (6)
Ravens/Chiefs - Over (2)
Packers (5)
Packers/Eagles - Over (8)

:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Remember, everyone.

You can change your picks up until kick-off of the very first game this Saturday.

Also, (I found a reason to make this a reminder as well) when you're choosing your pick which has your highest confidence of (8), it means if you're correct you'll win eight points. :buddies:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seahawks (1)
Seahawks/Saints (4) under
Ravens (8)
Ravens/Chiefs (6) under
Jets (2)
Jets/Colts (5) over
Eagles (7)
Eagles/Packers (3) over
:cheers:

Last edited:

Rael

Supper's Ready
One part of the pool playoffs that's fun for me is after everyone sees what everyone else picks...the anticipation, the what-if-ing. I love it. :buddies: But what I really like is that I get to see them first. :diva:

:lol:

It's starting to shape up nicely as a competitive Wildcard Round.

R

retiredweaxman

I see everyone is posting their picks here. I sent mine via PM to RAEL, but in the sport of fairness, I will repost here. As I was the last entry in (12th seed), I am confident no one will want to copy my picks anyway.

8 - Saints
7 - Saints/Hawks over
6 - Baltimore
5 - Ravens/Chiefs under
4 - Jets/Colts over
3 - Jets
2 - Eagles
1 - Pack/Eagles under

puggymom

8-Seahawks
7-Seahawks/Saints UNDER
6-Chiefs/Ravens UNDER
5-Colts/Jets UNDER
4-Eagles/Packers OVER
3-Jets
2-Eagles
1-Ravens

Rael

Supper's Ready
Okay, they're all in. Thanks, everyone. :yay:

I'll check for your changes right before kick-off and will post them then.

:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
For those who have posted your picks, here's something else to think about.

Your opponent is not everyone, just the one you're playing against this week. If that person can see your picks, then they can change theirs. If all they have to do to advance is beat you this week, they can make their chances best by taking advantage of what you picked against what they picked.

But one other thing to consider is this: Changes can also be made by anyone right up until kick-off tomorrow either by posting or pm'ing them to me (in my and Merlin99's case, it would be to softballkid). As long as the post/pm time stamp is before kick-off, they're valid. So what you see posted now may NOT be what is posted after kick-off tomorrow. That makes it interesting. :whistle:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Rael - sorry it has taken me so long to get on here, I meant to get on first thing this AM, but I didn't recieve any PM picks.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Rael - sorry it has taken me so long to get on here, I meant to get on first thing this AM, but I didn't recieve any PM picks.
Those who wanted to pm their picks opted to send them to me (I do have everyone's initial picks). The only exception would have been Merlin99 and me, but we both posted them on the board. If either of us wants to make a private pick change (without the other knowing), we can send them to you. As long as the pm is time stamped before kick-off at 4:30 p.m. today, they're good.

Thanks for being available to do that if needed. :buddies: