Supper's Ready
After Game 2...

Scorecard

2009 Divisional Round Game 2 Scorecard.jpg

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
everyone but us :high5:

but the Saints were lookin like crap at the end of the season so I can't blame em. i started flipping a coin to make my picks :lol:

That's the fun; there was a case to be made for both the Colts and the Saints to be rusty, trying to hard, more focused on the end of the season and trying to prove something rather than the meat of their seasons where they were the top dogs.

As it turns out, the converse, rested and ready and fired up, was the case. Plus, the Colts defense totally surprised me as they had shown a near total dependence on Manning and the O all season. They looked strong yesterday, very strong, against a decent offense with a great running game.

Same thing for the Saint's; a defense that had fallen off their game the last month or so just beat up a great offense.

We could very well be back where we were 5-6 weeks ago, a clash of the Titan's, Saint's v. Colts. However, that brings the Vikings back into relief as well. Are the rested and ready and about to put the Cowboys in their place?
And do the favored Chargers simply win? Could the surprises be over and now the season long best take the stage the rest of the way? Or do the Boys and Jets keep the magic going?

:popcorn:

Beta84

They're out to get us
That's the fun; there was a case to be made for both the Colts and the Saints to be rusty, trying to hard, more focused on the end of the season and trying to prove something rather than the meat of their seasons where they were the top dogs.

As it turns out, the converse, rested and ready and fired up, was the case. Plus, the Colts defense totally surprised me as they had shown a near total dependence on Manning and the O all season. They looked strong yesterday, very strong, against a decent offense with a great running game.

Same thing for the Saint's; a defense that had fallen off their game the last month or so just beat up a great offense.

We could very well be back where we were 5-6 weeks ago, a clash of the Titan's, Saint's v. Colts. However, that brings the Vikings back into relief as well. Are the rested and ready and about to put the Cowboys in their place?
And do the favored Chargers simply win? Could the surprises be over and now the season long best take the stage the rest of the way? Or do the Boys and Jets keep the magic going?

:popcorn:

Exactly. This is why the playoffs are great. This is always a really difficult round to pick. Last night they were saying how this is the first time in years where both #1 seeds advanced. I think they both lost last year and the previous 3 or 4 years they went 1-1. You never know what's going to happen. Which is why this is so much harder than the regular season was :lol:

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
The media tried to play up the fact that the Colts and Saints hadn't played well their last few games even though they had everything wrapped up.

I can't buy into that. They'd been far too professional and proficient this season to not give them the benefit of the doubt.

Rael

Supper's Ready
If my numbers are right for this game:

Beta needs a Vikings win and an Over for this game for a chance to advance.

donbar needs a Cowboys win and under or a Vikings win and under to have a chance to advance.

The others are too early to call.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If my numbers are right for this game:

Beta needs a Vikings win and an Over for this game for a chance to advance.

donbar needs a Cowboys win and under or a Vikings win and under to have a chance to advance.

The others are too early to call.

Put a fork in me. I can't catch BL.

Beta84

They're out to get us
looks like homedepot and buddylee move on. and i'm rooting for the under on this last game. :lol:

Rael

Supper's Ready
After Game 3 Scorecard...

Attachments

• 2009 Divisional Round Game 3 Scorecard.jpg
    2009 Divisional Round Game 3 Scorecard.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited: