Football Pool - Week 1

Rael

Supper's Ready
Why did i pick the saints again? :lol:

:lol:

I didn't stay up to watch the whole game, that's too late for this guy. I might have if I knew I was going to stay home today, but I was planning on going to work. By the final score, it looked like a great scorefest of a game all of the way through. :yay:

Had my 5 pointer all the way - I wasn't the least bit concerned when that pass interference penalty was called with 00:00 left on the clock. :lol:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Had my 5 pointer all the way - I wasn't the least bit concerned when that pass interference penalty was called with 00:00 left on the clock. :lol:

:lol: So even with a high scoring game like this one, the odds makers were almost exactly on. Down to one play.

:nailbiter:

R

retiredweaxman

Good call on the 5 pointer!!! I had considered it myself, but did not trust Brees to not go off on the Packers...he did too (410+ yards with no INTs)...I felt the JETS going against a porous DAL defense now suffering from 2 injuries to their starting CBs was a better bet though....

Rael

Supper's Ready
Interesting in the South Division this first week: the only division where there is more than one player picking the same game for the fiver. And more interesting, four players are picking the same game for 5. Wildcat97 and Baz are both picking the Steelers. Bay Kat and kom526 are picking the Buccs for 5 (who are playing against the Lions), and thurley42 and I are both picking the Lions for 5.

Touché! :duel:

donbarzini

4 pts. 4 stinkin pts. Hey Rael, as much as you pay attention to these stats, I'm pretty sure I've never scored this low before.

Ponytail

Not too bad so far. Looks like the spread killed 2 of my pics. Appears, if I did it correctly (and that's a big IF), like I have 10 going in to tonight. Respectable. I can live with that.

Pete

Repete
I have to admit watching football is enjoyable again. I don't spend all of Sunday mad as hell because I have 1 point and my 5 pointer is a blow out loss. :lol:

Ponytail

I have to admit watching football is enjoyable again. I don't spend all of Sunday mad as hell because I have 1 point and my 5 pointer is a blow out loss. :lol:

See, I still don't get to watch it. I just get to look at the scores on Monday morning and pass my frustration on to the co-workers.

I got to watch 9 minutes of the Eagles game, and about 4.5 minutes of the Thursday night packers game.

Rael

Supper's Ready
4 pts. 4 stinkin pts. Hey Rael, as much as you pay attention to these stats, I'm pretty sure I've never scored this low before.

I'll check that when I get home, but I've seen lower here for sure (just might not not be what your lowest score was). There were a few twos along the way.

But I can see it now, the Super Bowl introductory post: "And a little slow out of the starting gate this season, the only direction TO go was the way donbarzini DID go. And this is how it was all season long, and why he's here in the Super Bowl today....." :killingme

Rael

Supper's Ready

Not true. You scored a 4 in week 5 of 2007, that was the only time. But you also scored a 3 in week 8 of 2010, as did homedepot20. Ironically, both of you were in the SuperBowl the year prior. :lmao: :biggrin:

:buddies:

But the worst season was 2009 for low scoring weeks. 10 players scored a weekly total of 2 in that year.

homedepot20

Not true. You scored a 4 in week 5 of 2007, that was the only time. But you also scored a 3 in week 8 of 2010, as did homedepot20. Ironically, both of you were in the SuperBowl the year prior. :lmao: :biggrin:

:buddies:

I think the 1st week is the worst week because nobody has a NO idea whats about to happen . Take the Ravens , I WISH they play every week like they did against the Steelers, but you KNOW they wouldn't !