Football Pool - Week 15

D

dems4me

:pssst: Hey Dems... you forgot your 5 pointer... :doh:

I'm sorry... can you make it my Packers pick? With Patriots being already a shoe-in, I'm hoping they will rest alot of players. :yay: I think they will probably still win but hopefully not be able to run score up by 10. Thanks! Also, got a love fans who are willing to wear cheese on their heads :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Rael.....

In light of Sexy Rexy's starting for the Deadskins I changed my pick to the Cowboys.....:buddies:
:lmao: Yeah, saw that today also. Lots of drama going on in that locker room, eh? I got the change from yours and Wildcat's as well.
I'm sorry... can you make it my Packers pick? With Patriots being already a shoe-in, I'm hoping they will rest alot of players. :yay: I think they will probably still win but hopefully not be able to run score up by 10. Thanks! Also, got a love fans who are willing to wear cheese on their heads :lol:
Sure thing, already done. :buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Week 15 Picks...

...are in. It appears toppick08 n/a'd himself from the forums. The divisions all now have six players. Good luck, all. :buddies:

2010 Week 15 Picks.jpg

Last edited:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
A lot of tough picks this week and quite a few QB changes; McCoy starting for Cleveland, Grossman for Washington, Tebow for Denver (rumor has it), will Rodgers play for Green Bay and whatever else won't come out til game day.

Rael

Supper's Ready
A lot of tough picks this week and quite a few QB changes; McCoy starting for Cleveland, Grossman for Washington, Tebow for Denver (rumor has it), will Rodgers play for Green Bay and whatever else won't come out til game day.
Hadn't read about the Tebow rumor, but did see they have Flynn in for the Packers. Glad to see McCoy back for the Browns as well.
Can I change my 5er? Pretty please with a cherry on top.:killingme
:lmao: The good thing about the early fiver pick is you can get it out of the way before the rest of the week's games begins, but it's also bad when it isn't the winning pick. I like picking the fiver somewhere in the middle, so it's not too early and not having to wait until Tuesday morning to find out who won. :lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:lmao: The good thing about the early fiver pick is you can get it out of the way before the rest of the week's games begins, but it's also bad when it isn't the winning pick. I like picking the fiver somewhere in the middle, so it's not too early and not having to wait until Tuesday morning to find out who won. :lol:

Guess that's a "no" then. :lmao::roflmao:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I'm thinking this is going to be another low scoring week for me.

Rael

Supper's Ready

This reply isn't directed at you, Merlin. It's just something I've been thinking about here recently for all of us in this pool.

I'm not so disinclined to take changes after the Friday night at midnight deadline, but early on I was trying to avoid having massive changes across the board after that time (as well as maintaining a fair structure for making sure picks were submitted on time). A sudden "Tebow's in", or "Rodgers is out" announcement on nfl.com can and should make a difference in which pick everyone is comfortable with.

Sometimes I think Friday at midnight is too early a deadline with how teams withhold player status until the last minute, but I kinda need that deadline for me.

But to be fair, if there is a convincing reason why someone wants to make a change before the kick-off of that game, I don't see why it shouldn't be entertained. This has been a good, reliable group where my initial worries of having non-pickers each week really didn't happen. Honestly, that made this a lot easier.

So if anyone has a good reason to change a pick, put it out here or pm me with it if it's before the kick off of that game, and I'll make the change. I appreciate everyone's participation all season. :buddies:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
This reply isn't directed at you, Merlin. It's just something I've been thinking about here recently for all of us in this pool.

I'm not so disinclined to take changes after the Friday night at midnight deadline, but early on I was trying to avoid having massive changes across the board after that time (as well as maintaining a fair structure for making sure picks were submitted on time). A sudden "Tebow's in", or "Rodgers is out" announcement on nfl.com can and should make a difference in which pick everyone is comfortable with.

Sometimes I think Friday at midnight is too early a deadline with how teams withhold player status until the last minute, but I kinda need that deadline for me.

But to be fair, if there is a convincing reason why someone wants to make a change before the kick-off of that game, I don't see why it shouldn't be entertained. This has been a good, reliable group where my initial worries of having non-pickers each week really didn't happen. Honestly, that made this a lot easier.

So if anyone has a good reason to change a pick, put it out here or pm me with it if it's before the kick off of that game, and I'll make the change. I appreciate everyone's participation all season. :buddies:

iIthink all pick change requests that come in after the deadline should be posted for participant wide viewing, I may need help coming up with a "good" reason at a later date

Bay_Kat

Tropical
iIthink all pick change requests that come in after the deadline should be posted for participant wide viewing, I may need help coming up with a "good" reason at a later date

I was kidding on my pick change, I know it can't be done after the fact, but I tanked so bad on my 5er, thought I'd lighten my mood by asking nicely if I could change it. I wouldn't even know where to begin to change it to. This is a crazy year.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

I started paying more attention to my picks and fell off a bit, the more I tried the worse my score was, I was ready to stop picking because I didn't have time to " research" more about whats going on. Then I figured I would just make my picks with little effort and see what happens and have stablized a bit. the league is so up and down that it's hard to pick consistantly every week, some may be able to but i cant, just hope the good weeks make up for the bad ones.

thurley42

HY;FR
Hadn't read about the Tebow rumor, but did see they have Flynn in for the Packers. Glad to see McCoy back for the Browns as well.

:buddies: I'm very impressed with Colt thus far....I feel like if Holmgren has a good defensive draft we might be able to start contending as early as next year...but it's a Cleveland team so they will just rip my soul out...lol

Rael

Supper's Ready

I'm okay with posting them, too. But even when someone pm's them, I make the change to the picks document also, which is out here for everyone to see as an attachment. I've found most of the time there are sound reasons why folks pm their changes and picks.

When it gets to be time for the playoffs in a few weeks, pm'ing them becomes better for everyone since there are fewer competitors and gamesmanship against competitors becomes more important. If I'm so fortunate to make the playoffs (so far that prospect looks good), I may need someone to be a picks collector to maintain impartiality in making my own picks! :biggrin:

Rael

Supper's Ready
:buddies: I'm very impressed with Colt thus far....I feel like if Holmgren has a good defensive draft we might be able to start contending as early as next year...but it's a Cleveland team so they will just rip my soul out...lol

Even though their record is 5-8, I've enjoyed watching them this year (especially with rookie Colt McCoy, Peyton Hillis and Josh Cribbs on the roster). I'm with you, next year watch out if they get some good D-draft picks. :yay:

Rael

Supper's Ready
retiredweaxman....16 points...with two games to go....nobody else close to that this week (both struggler44 and FireBrand with 12) :faint: :clap:

:buddies:

Last edited:
R

retiredweaxman

Thanks RAEL - I needed a week like this to try and get back in the running for the playoffs.

Heinz Field was a blast for me as my JETS won...not so much for my wife and the other 62000 fans...got home an hour ago and still trying to warm up though. Sitting in nose bleed seats in 20-25 degree weather with light snow is not a recipe for staying warm...but I can go to bed with a smile on my face (even if my wife does force me to sleep on the couch)...