Football Pool - Week 2

BuddyLee

Football addict
(S.D. vs Denver) Never seen a team go for two so late in the game to win, ballsy. Denver wins, though. But man, what a game.
The Denver offense could be something to look for in the post-season. Eddie Royal is a monster and Brandon Marshall is equally effective.

BuddyLee

Football addict
The thing is, Denver would not have won if Hochley hadn't been quick with the whistle. He is a good ref, I'm sure he will be beating himself up about that quick whistle.
Indeed.

In the end, the game is played by men and officiated by men who make mistakes. If you're the Chargers you should have never left the game up to one bad call.

Beta84

They're out to get us
The AFC has taken a dive so far this season.

The AFC hasn't so much taken a dive as the teams that have been powers for awhile are getting overtaken by other teams. We'll see what happens, but it's too early to tell.

The Broncos and Bills have been a couple of surprise teams thus far, while the Jags, Chargers, Colts, and Pats are looking to be disappointments (though the Pats have a good excuse). Most of these losses have occurred AFC vs AFC though, so it's well within reason to believe it's just a power shift in the conference.

BuddyLee

Football addict
The AFC hasn't so much taken a dive as the teams that have been powers for awhile are getting overtaken by other teams. We'll see what happens, but it's too early to tell.

The Broncos and Bills have been a couple of surprise teams thus far, while the Jags, Chargers, Colts, and Pats are looking to be disappointments (though the Pats have a good excuse). Most of these losses have occurred AFC vs AFC though, so it's well within reason to believe it's just a power shift in the conference.
Well, I disagree. Two games come to mind in week one.

Bears taking care of the Colts.

Carolina taking care of San Diego.

Minnesota was up by 15 but lost to the Colts today. The Colts shouldn't be winning that game by the skin of their teeth.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Early unofficial spreads for week 3.

<CENTER>NFL Point Spreads For Week 3 - Week Three NFL Football Point Spread - NFL Spreads 9/21 - 9/22, 2008
</CENTER>
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans]<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cols=4 cellPadding=4 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="26%">Date & Time</TD><TD width="28%">Favorite</TD><TD width="18%">Spread</TD><TD width="28%">Underdog</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At Atlanta</TD><TD>-4</TD><TD>Kansas City</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At Buffalo</TD><TD>-9</TD><TD>Oakland</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At Tennessee</TD><TD>-4</TD><TD>Houston</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At NY Giants</TD><TD>-13</TD><TD>Cincinnati</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At Washington</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD>Arizona</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At New England</TD><TD>-13</TD><TD>Miami</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At Chicago</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD>Tampa Bay</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 1:00 ET</TD><TD>At Minnesota</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD>Carolina</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 4:05 ET</TD><TD>At Seattle</TD><TD>-9.5</TD><TD>St. Louis</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 4:05 ET</TD><TD>At San Francisco</TD><TD>-3.5</TD><TD>Detroit</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 4:05 ET</TD><TD>At Denver</TD><TD>-4</TD><TD>New Orleans</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 4:15 ET</TD><TD>At Philadelphia</TD><TD>-3*</TD><TD>Pittsburgh</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 4:15 ET</TD><TD>At Indianapolis</TD><TD>-6</TD><TD>Jacksonville</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 4:15 ET</TD><TD>At Baltimore</TD><TD>-2.5*</TD><TD>Cleveland</TD></TR><TR><TD>9/21 8:15 ET</TD><TD>Dallas</TD><TD>-3*</TD><TD>At Green Bay</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<CENTER>Monday Night Football Point Spread </CENTER>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans]<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cols=4 cellPadding=4 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="26%"></TD><TD width="28%"></TD><TD width="18%"></TD><TD width="28%"></TD></TR><TR><TD>9/22 8:35 ET</TD><TD>At San Diego</TD><TD>-8</TD><TD>NY Jets</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[/FONT]
[/FONT]

LordStanley

I know nothing
That was clearly a bad call by Ed H.

He had a few bad ones in last week's game against both teams (Giants/Skins).

However, Denver deserved to win that game. They showed some guts.

(S.D. vs Denver) Never seen a team go for two so late in the game to win, ballsy. Denver wins, though. But man, what a game.

I was counting on The S.D/Denver Game and The Browns/Steelers. I was praying to God that The steelers would kick a field goal, just to help cover the spreed. :doh:

The were both down to the wire games, and were exciting to watch, but both outcomes hurt me :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The thing is, Denver would not have won if Hochley hadn't been quick with the whistle. He is a good ref, I'm sure he will be beating himself up about that quick whistle.

I'd beat him into quitting if I were to run into him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's...

I don't like him one bit.

...well respected and done a great job. To his credit he went right over to Norvell and said he effed up.

As I say, the league HAS to address this; getting calls right. There is no reason for refs to be in a hurry to blow a play dead given replay.

Unless Ed had a fiver on the Broncs...

:evil:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
...well respected and done a great job. To his credit he went right over to Norvell and said he effed up.

As I say, the league HAS to address this; getting calls right. There is no reason for refs to be in a hurry to blow a play dead given replay.

Unless Ed had a fiver on the Broncs...

:evil:

Who cares if he said he effed up. His whistle should be taken away. No sausage bread for him.