Football Pool

Otter

Nothing to see here
I'll post the spread out of the USA Today on Wednesdays. Pick every game against the spread by midnight Friday via PM or here. If you don't pick by Friday, you just get the favorite in every game(or home team if line is 0), and your pick of the week is the Monday night favorite. All "no lines" are 0 I'll post everyones picks prior to gametime..*In the case of Thursday games, just pick that game prior to kickoff*

All games are worth a point EXCEPT for one game that is worth 5 points(Pick of the Week)..Also pick total points from the Monday night game as a tiebreaker, closest to total points of game without going over).

I'll keep cumlative points for the year and the winner gets.....Bragging rights..

If you want in or have suggestions on changing something..I'm all ears..

People already in: EDITED AUG 2007

Otter
BuddyLee
FireBrand
Geek
MMDad
Pete
LordStanley
BS Gal
Gumbo
Softballkid
MainMan
Daddy-O
Larry
Airgasm
Rael

*Note - This is for the picks pool, only* Will sort thru the people wanting to do a LMS thing later and decide the week before the season starts.

Last edited:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
If you old guys dont mind a young buck around, Ill play along...

But I dont have a total understanding yet....

From what I get...

You pick who you think is going to win each game basically... with the spread from the washington post...

So if its The Giants and the 49ers, and the Giants are favored by 10, and I think the final will be say Giants 14 & 49ers 7, with the 10 points, the 9ers win.... so if I picked the 9ers, I would have won...

As for this 5 point game, how exactly does that work :confused:

Or am I way off here....

Otter

Nothing to see here
Softballkid said:
If you old guys dont mind a young buck around, Ill play along...

But I dont have a total understanding yet....

From what I get...

You pick who you think is going to win each game basically... with the spread from the washington post...

So if its The Giants and the 49ers, and the Giants are favored by 10, and I think the final will be say Giants 14 & 49ers 7, with the 10 points, the 9ers win.... so if I picked the 9ers, I would have won...

As for this 5 point game, how exactly does that work :confused:

Or am I way off here....

You pick every game for each week, using the line. Each game is worth 1 point to you, with the exception of the game that you think is a lock, which you designate your "pick of the week". We use the line from Wednesday's USA Today. Typically I will post the line we are using on Wednesday mornings. In your example above, if you had the 9ers, you would have gotten a point..or five points if you made the 9ers your pick of the week. You can post your picks in the thread for that week or PM them to me; after everyone has turned in their picks, I will post a chart showing who picked what for that weekend.

Otter

Nothing to see here
otter said:
I'll post the spread out of the USA Today on Wednesdays. Pick every game against the spread by midnight Friday via PM or here. If you don't pick by Friday, you just get the favorite in every game(or home team if line is 0), and your pick of the week is the Monday night favorite. All "no lines" are 0 I'll post everyones picks prior to gametime..*In the case of Thursday games, just pick that game prior to kickoff*

All games are worth a point EXCEPT for one game that is worth 5 points(Pick of the Week)..Also pick total points from the Monday night game as a tiebreaker, closest to total points of game without going over).

I'll keep cumlative points for the year and the winner gets.....Bragging rights..

If you want in or have suggestions on changing something..I'm all ears..

People already in:

People in for this year are at the top of the thread

Bump....and is anyone interested in a *Last Man Standing Pool?

*Last Man Standing Pools (also known as "Survivor Pools," "Eliminator Pools," or "Knock-out Pools") do not take the Las Vegas line into account. In traditional LMS pools, participants must choose one team to win each week, but can never choose that team to win again. One wrong pick results in elimination from the pool, which continues until only one player remains to claim the purse.

Last edited:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
otter said:
Bump....and is anyone interested in a Last Man Standing Pool?

Please 'splain your choice of games o grand pooba !
I understand how it works but for around here will it
be easier for you to tabulate, allow more players at first ? ???