• Yes

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mainman

Set Trippin
Starts tomorrow, would you let your kid/s participate in a sport practice or sporting event (unless it is swimming) outside tomorrow with the current heatwave we have right now?

I'm pretty sure we wont be going tomorrow....

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
When I was little I played softball, and passed out one day because of the extreme heat. Haven't played sports since. :lmao: I say no.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
When I was little I played softball, and passed out one day because of the extreme heat. Haven't played sports since. :lmao: I say no.
No, it's not too hot? Or no, you wouldn't let your kid play? :confused:

This is the most confusing thread I've read in a long time.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
No, it's not too hot? Or no, you wouldn't let your kid play? :confused:

This is the most confusing thread I've read in a long time.
No to the original question..."Would you let your kids participate :blahblah:". Now I see the poll, and I too am confused as to what my answer means. :ohwell:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I would allow my kid to go to practice. In doing so, I would make sure my kid had plenty of water to drink during the practice.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mainman said:
Starts tomorrow, would you let your kid/s participate in a sport practice or sporting event (unless it is swimming) outside tomorrow with the current heatwave we have right now?
Not one Baby MM's age, no. If he were a teenager, probably.

camily

Peace
My daughter started cheerleading yesterday and her best friend threw up due to the heat. They cancelled it for today. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
camily said:
My daughter started cheerleading yesterday and her best friend threw up due to the heat. They cancelled it for today. :yay:

Give me a B
Give me an A
Give me an R
Give me an F

What's that spell?

:barf:

:lmao:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
My boy will be going to lacrosse tomorrow night. It doesn't start until 5, so hopefully it won't be too brutal. I know the coach won't work them too hard and they'll have plenty to drink. I've got to get that kid away from playstation somehow. :lol:

Christy

b*tch rocket
K_Jo said:

:yeahthat: Let him go to practice, if you don't they'll all call him sissy boy. It wouldn't surprise me if they cancel practice, but it it's the first one they won't be doing anything super strenuous. :shrug:

mainman

Set Trippin
Mrs. Jones said:
My boy will be going to lacrosse tomorrow night. It doesn't start until 5, so hopefully it won't be too brutal. I know the coach won't work them too hard and they'll have plenty to drink. I've got to get that kid away from playstation somehow. :lol:
Good point... ours is after 5 too, Im guessing its still gonna be in the 90s at that time...

meangirl

Nice lady!
jwwb2000 said:
I would allow my kid to go to practice. In doing so, I would make sure my kid had plenty of water to drink during the practice.

:yeahthat: Football practice started yesterday here. I'm hoping they cancel today but if they don't, we'll go. The coaches will probably make it a "light" practice.

Elle

Happy Camper!
My little dude has his first practice tonight. I wonder if I can try to convince him to be the w-w-w-wader boy instead of actually playing:yay:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I say it's not to hot for practice if it's properly supervised. But... I might be a bad gauge because I'm from Houston. This weather is pretty much normal except it's not has humid here.

oldman

Lobster Land
mainman said:

I'm pretty sure we wont be going tomorrow....

I had to vote yes. As long as he is as healthy and keeps hydrated I see nothing wrong with it. Just remember what you did in the hot summer when you were a kid - was there anything you wouldn't do?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If you have any misgivings about practice, go along and make sure that there are plenty of fluids for your son. If you think it is too much, then say something to the coach and get some fluids in your son.