Votes: 29 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meangirl

Nice lady!
abbey said:
My son plays for the La Plata community league and they have canceled all practice for this evening.

La Plata and Indian Head both cancelled but ours (Bryans Rd) so far is still on. :frown:

abbey

abbey normal
meangirl said:
La Plata and Indian Head both cancelled but ours (Bryans Rd) so far is still on. :frown:

I hope that its not too bad, I would think that if they did have practice, it would not be a tough one, there is no reason the kids can't get together outside, just the running and other heavy workout routines probably shouldn't be done

BlackSheep said:
all folks would have to worry about is whether their children should practice during the heat-this latest news is enough to make folks throw in the towel!!

Bowie Coach Accused of Being a Pimp
Police say a 15-year-old girl told them a Bowie, Md., high school coach repeatedly took her to D.C. so she could work as a prostitute.

Arron J. Burroughs, 35, of Crofton, Md., is charged with first-degree child sexual abuse in the District. The Bowie High School assistant junior varsity football coach is being held without bond.

Burroughs allegedly induced the girl to work as a prostitute. Police found her engaged in a sex act with another man in Takoma Park, Md., and arrested Burroughs Monday evening at a motel on New York Avenue in Northeast. His arrest came after the girl, who was already in police custody, called him to pick her up at the motel.

Court records indicate that Burroughs, who also works as a Metrobus driver, has admitted engaging in sexual relations with the girl on several occasions since she was 14. Court records say Burroughs admitted having sex with her in his Range Rover in Metro's bus yard.

Burroughs also admitted bringing the girl to D.C. to be a prostitute and admitted supplementing his income by selling marijuana, the records indicate.

Not that it makes a difference, but this guy is/was not an employee of PGCPS. He was a volunteer, and does not receive a paycheck.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
buddy999 said:
The military keeps recruits from doing PT during extremely hot weather. They train constantly to maintain their fitness. If it's too hot for the military, it's too hot for the kids. :hot:
The Marines don't. They can have a code red day, but they are still doing PT, if lightly. My son was in Parris Island from June - Sept. It was friggin hot for a few days. They still did PT. Are you talking military or MARINES?

cdsulhoff

Well, They cancel last nights practice I wonder if they are going to do it again. So far it still on for 6:30pm.

Lilypad

Speedy70 said:
Not that it makes a difference, but this guy is/was not an employee of PGCPS. He was a volunteer, and does not receive a paycheck.
You're correct Speedy-Mr Burroughs is a volunteer assistant junior varsity football coach.
John White, schools spokesman, said that Burroughs alleged actions were under investigation by the school system and he had been dismissed from his position at Bowie High School.
‘‘He obviously won’t be welcome at the school any longer in any capacity,” White said. Jae Jackson, head football coach at Bowie, said that Burroughs had been a volunteer coach on and off since 2002. It was unclear who was responsible for bringing Burroughs on as a volunteer assistant coach.

H

hborror

cdsulhoff said:
Well, They cancel last nights practice I wonder if they are going to do it again. So far it still on for 6:30pm.

Solomons steelers? My little girl is a cheerleader for them I just went outside to water the flowers and about died :lmao: so if they don't do away with the whole practice I think 7 would be better.

Lilypad said:
You're correct Speedy-Mr Burroughs is a volunteer assistant junior varsity football coach.
John White, schools spokesman, said that Burroughs alleged actions were under investigation by the school system and he had been dismissed from his position at Bowie High School.
‘‘He obviously won’t be welcome at the school any longer in any capacity,” White said. Jae Jackson, head football coach at Bowie, said that Burroughs had been a volunteer coach on and off since 2002. It was unclear who was responsible for bringing Burroughs on as a volunteer assistant coach.

I'm always correct. :lmao:

cdsulhoff

hborror said:
Solomons steelers? My little girl is a cheerleader for them I just went outside to water the flowers and about died :lmao: so if they don't do away with the whole practice I think 7 would be better.

Practice cancel once again tonight for the Steelers. However Happy is goign to be there passing out the passes for the picnic tonight. That is the only thing that they are doing.
Monday was plain horrible. My kids took a bath in their sweat. Yuck!!!
My younger son plays peewee Gold and oldest is on the 75lb. I am wondering if the Panthers still are holding practice??

slotted

BS Gal said:
The Marines don't. They can have a code red day, but they are still doing PT, if lightly. My son was in Parris Island from June - Sept. It was friggin hot for a few days. They still did PT. Are you talking military or MARINES?
I was in before the kindler/gentler Marine Corps. We did have red flag days where our physical exercise was limited on what we could do outside. They just moved our PT inside which was even worse.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
slotted said:
I was in before the kindler/gentler Marine Corps. We did have red flag days where our physical exercise was limited on what we could do outside. They just moved our PT inside which was even worse.
Ditto, Army had the wet-bulb and Black Flag days.. but in the 80's it didn't matter. Once you were in an area for more then a month, they considered you "Acclimated" and there were no restrictions as to PT.. It was NEVER too cold to work out.. i remember having icicles hanging off of my moustache and nose, and lungs hurting from the cold air..

Then we got to the kindler friendlier Army of today.. Black bulb meant you worked for 15 minutes outside, rested in the shade for 45..

I'm pretty sure in Iraq and Afghanistan they don't fight for 15 minutes and take a 45 minute break, so am pretty sure someone had to have seen the idiocy of their idea.