• Are you against this

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
K

Kizzy

Even Chuck County has it right

It has come to our attention that if your pet has a ISO (European) standard microchip some animal shelters may not have the required scanner. This means that the chip may not be detected and chances are greater that the owner may remain unlocated. Before getting a microchip for your pet, make sure you know what kind of chips your local shelters can detect. The Humane Society of Charles County does have a scanner that detects the ISO chip. Adoptable dogs and cats at the Humane Society of Charles County, Maryland will be issued an AVID microchip when adopted from our shelter. We maintain our own data base of animals we have chipped.

We only offer microchipping to the public at selected rabies clinics. The cost to the purchaser has been $15. We recommend that you also register any pet adopted from us or microchipped by us at one of our rabies clinics in the AVID data base. There is an additional fee ($15) for that registration. Local veterinarians also can provide microchipping by appointment. To learn more about microchips, visit the Humane Society of the United States web site by clicking here.

Rabies and Microchipping clinic at the shelter, Sunday, 25 July, 1pm - 3pm. This is a change...it was previously 18 July. Rabies vaccines will be $7 per pet. Microchipping will be $15. As always, please bring cats in carriers and dogs on leashes. We're located at 71 Industrial Park Drive in Waldorf, MD. Click here for directions, or call us at (301) 645-8181 after 11am (after 1pm on Thursdays)for more information.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by IM4Change
Even Chuck County has it right

Rabies and Microchipping clinic at the shelter, Sunday, 25 July, 1pm - 3pm. This is a change...it was previously 18 July. Rabies vaccines will be $7 per pet. Microchipping will be $15. As always, please bring cats in carriers and dogs on leashes. We're located at 71 Industrial Park Drive in Waldorf, MD. Click here for directions, or call us at (301) 645-8181 after 11am (after 1pm on Thursdays)for more information.

Thanks IM4!!!! :cheers: :clap:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by dems4me
Thanks IM4!!!! :cheers: :clap:

I got a phone call today saying that we "MAY" settle July 15th or 16th and that it is looking good. If so, I am going to get Milo chipped on the 25th, if you or anyone else wants to go, we can get there early, right when the door opens. Right now everything is tenative until Monday or Tuesday, I should have a concrete answer then.

Everyone here knows Milo, but the new hood, well they will not, just rather be safe than sorry. If any animal is found in St. Mary's, they go to the Tri-County shelter in Hughesville. Of course I called them got the stupid question award today.

Shelter:

Good evening Tri-County Animal Shelter, Hugesville, how may I help you?

ME:

Umm, I'm calling to find out if you service St. Mary's County. :shortbus: Then it dawned on me Tri-County. :dork:

Of course she was very nice and answered my stupid question. Then I asked where a lost pet would go if found in St. Mary's. I'm learning that St. Mary's does not have its own shelter.

D

dems4me

I got a phone call today saying that we "MAY" settle July 15th or 16th and that it is looking good. If so, I am going to get Milo chipped on the 25th, if you or anyone else wants to go, we can get there early, right when the door opens. Right now everything is tenative until Monday or Tuesday, I should have a concrete answer then.

Everyone here knows Milo, but the new hood, well they will not, just rather be safe than sorry. If any animal is found in St. Mary's, they go to the Tri-County shelter in Hughesville. Of course I called them got the stupid question award today.

Shelter:

Good evening Tri-County Animal Shelter, Hugesville, how may I help you?

ME:

Umm, I'm calling to find out if you service St. Mary's County. :shortbus: Then it dawned on me Tri-County. :dork:

Of course she was very nice and answered my stupid question. Then I asked where a lost pet would go if found in St. Mary's. I'm learning that St. Mary's does not have its own shelter.

I like their tri county vet but not the tri county shelter... something about them saying its a no kill shelter and come to find out after you signed away papers to a stray it is a kill shelter and having to deal with a bunch of grief to get your strays back... but that is just something I heard from a good friend of mine that lives in Calvert and is like Hello6 where they call you and tell you before animals are put down... last year she even rescued an Emu!!! Unfortunately a few months ago stray dogs killed her horse and it was in the news... and everyone looking for these dogs... she had continuously for 4 weeks been complaining to the police, animal control, etc... about these vicious (sp?) dogs and no one did anything and then they killed her horse and all heck broke loose and she threatened to sue, etc.. and then all of a sudden it made the airwaves and everything locally to find these dogs.

It sounds good for the chipping -- what day of the week does the 25th fall on? If so I'll join you with my babies and can put in for that day off if it falls on a work day... my babies all have their rabies and shots and all -- I just want them chipped... btw... afterwards do they give you a remote control for them :confused: j/k.... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I draw the line at emus.
The only thing I would use remote control for my anipals would be the peeing and pooping. Getting those dogs to go in the rain takes an act of congress.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by dems4me

It sounds good for the chipping -- what day of the week does the 25th fall on? If so I'll join you with my babies and can put in for that day off if it falls on a work day... my babies all have their rabies and shots and all -- I just want them chipped... btw... afterwards do they give you a remote control for them :confused: j/k.... :lol:

A Sunday and Milo is up to date on shots too, so he will be skipping that service.

I wish it came with a remote. There are times Milo insists on licking me to death.

D

dems4me

A Sunday and Milo is up to date on shots too, so he will be skipping that service.

I wish it came with a remote. There are times Milo insists on licking me to death.

Yes... but you gotta love the guy... he's a doll baby!!!:biggrin:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: The guv...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...is addressing a problem.

If the shelters are backing up, that means, by definition, the animals are suffering. If animals are suffering, then something must be done. It is cruel to sit by.

Reducing to three days from six seems totally appropriate. You know in one day if your pet is gone. You're pet should not be gone anyway.

California is in the midst of a finacial recovery from serious disaster. Having all state agencies tighten up some is fair, reasonable and responsible.

Sorry Fi Fi. The guv'nor didn't call.

So because of some human economic errors we'll just blame it on something else like we always do and kill off domesticated animals.:rolleyes: