Freakin' Spyware &%$&@*^##!

K

KaZamm1061

Originally posted by ememdee19
Can somebody please point me in the direction of a reputable Spyware s/w that I can d/l for a quick scan and clean? Everytime I log on to the Internet, another page pops up seconds later. It's the same home page but the title bar reads "Brought to you by 800 search assistant" or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd do a search on Spyware, but I want to make sure I'm not downloading any malicious s/w. Please help!:cussing:

I had a problem with my email account today and had verizon try and fix it for me.. I also explained to him about problems with spyware.. He pointed me to a website that they recommend for thier customers.. I went to it and downlaoded it and it works great.. Heres the link for it http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/privacy/spyware.mspx hen you go to the website go to the bottom and click Ad-aware (Lavasoft) that is the program you want.. Its free... Good luck to all who use it.. it removes them and updates the list to defeat new ones..

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Freakin' Spyware &%$&@*^##!

Originally posted by KaZamm1061
I had a problem with my email account today and had verizon try and fix it for me.. I also explained to him about problems with spyware.. He pointed me to a website that they recommend for thier customers.. I went to it and downlaoded it and it works great.. Heres the link for it http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/privacy/spyware.mspx hen you go to the website go to the bottom and click Ad-aware (Lavasoft) that is the program you want.. Its free... Good luck to all who use it.. it removes them and updates the list to defeat new ones..
:yeahthat: Ad-Aware found and fixed many problems other scanners missed. It is the best I have found to date (not saying there aren't any just as good or better, but it took care of my problems with spyware and home page stealers).

K

KaZamm1061

yeh same with me king and i bought several programs that didnt work as well as this free one did.