Free foal

Duckz

really? no mention of breed, sire, dam, etc and must be gone by the weekend? good luck :duh:

country, do you know anything about this foal or were you just browsing CL?

CountryLady

luvmyponies
really? no mention of breed, sire, dam, etc and must be gone by the weekend? good luck :duh:

country, do you know anything about this foal or were you just browsing CL?

A freind of mine in VT was browsing and sent it to me. SHE told me to go get him. LOL but I am not intrested in a pony foal. I remembered sombody on here wanted a mini for ther kids or a companion. He is a cute little guy.
I figured somebody maybe able to home him.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hey CL - I was one of the folks who posted about someone wanting a mini - but after schooling them on what was required, they decided that was too much to do and pay for upkeep. It's always better for people to KNOW what's involved before-hand :yay:.

There are a number of charity cases, and it's unfortunate that so many horses are being slaughtered, but honestly it's better they be slaughtered humanely (does THAT REALLY happen??, I sure HOPE so ) than to suffer and die of neglect/starvation.

A freind of mine in VT was browsing and sent it to me. SHE told me to go get him. LOL but I am not intrested in a pony foal. I remembered sombody on here wanted a mini for ther kids or a companion. He is a cute little guy.
I figured somebody maybe able to home him.

TurboK9

Hey CL - I was one of the folks who posted about someone wanting a mini - but after schooling them on what was required, they decided that was too much to do and pay for upkeep. It's always better for people to KNOW what's involved before-hand :yay:.

There are a number of charity cases, and it's unfortunate that so many horses are being slaughtered, but honestly it's better they be slaughtered humanely (does THAT REALLY happen??, I sure HOPE so ) than to suffer and die of neglect/starvation.

That depends on your defenition of humane. It's all relative. When compared to starving to death over the course of months, almost any means of slaughter is humane. People don't mean 'humane' anyway... they are more worried about how it looks, and how it effects themselves emotionally, than how it effects the animal.

:shrug:

Cowgirl

. People don't mean 'humane' anyway... they are more worried about how it looks, and how it effects themselves emotionally, than how it effects the animal.

:shrug:

That may be true for those people who are not directly involved (in the raising, transporting, etc), but for those people who are actually involved some way, how it affects the animal is number one priority.

TurboK9

That may be true for those people who are not directly involved (in the raising, transporting, etc), but for those people who are actually involved some way, how it affects the animal is number one priority.

I was referring to the general public and the typical 'rights protester', but in specific cases, yes you are correct.

However, I'd still rather get whacked in head 3X with a sledgehammer than slowly starve to death.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
There is no such thing as humane slaughter. If a person has an animal that they can no longer care for, they should be responsible enough try to find another suitable & responsible home for it or have it humanely euthanized.

Cowgirl

There is no such thing as humane slaughter. If a person has an animal that they can no longer care for, they should be responsible enough try to find another suitable & responsible home for it or have it humanely euthanized.

Sure there's humane slaughter. You can kill an animal for slaughter quicker than you can give them a shot to euthanize them.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Sure there's humane slaughter. You can kill an animal for slaughter quicker than you can give them a shot to euthanize them.

?? so you are pro slaughter if it is done humanely??... well ya know what, it's NOT DONE HUMANELY..... or maybe you think it's okay for a horse to be stabbed to death and hung upside down to bleed out; hit numerous times with a captive bolt because the operator had no idea how to use it; okay for them to travel 48 hours without food or water; okay for them to stagger out of the trailer with broken legs, heads gashed open because they have all been crammed in together; that is the reality of Horse Slaughter. It is sickening and cruel!

Cowgirl

?? so you are pro slaughter if it is done humanely??... well ya know what, it's NOT DONE HUMANELY..... or maybe you think it's okay for a horse to be stabbed to death and hung upside down to bleed out; hit numerous times with a captive bolt because the operator had no idea how to use it; okay for them to travel 48 hours without food or water; okay for them to stagger out of the trailer with broken legs, heads gashed open because they have all been crammed in together; that is the reality of Horse Slaughter. It is sickening and cruel!

Oh my. Dramatic much? I said HUMANE slaughter. And yes, there is humane slaughter. Do some research before you flip out on me.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Oh my. Dramatic much? I said HUMANE slaughter. And yes, there is humane slaughter. Do some research before you flip out on me.

I was not meaning to sound like I was flipping out on you, I apologise.
At this time there is no such thing as humane slaughter.
If you know of some please point me in the right direction. :coffee:

Cowgirl

I was not meaning to sound like I was flipping out on you, I apologise.
At this time there is no such thing as humane slaughter.
If you know of some please point me in the right direction. :coffee:

When there was horse slaughter in the US, it was not exactly done the correct way. I believe instead of banning slaughter they should have improved the conditions like not hauling horses in cattle trailers, limiting the number of hours horses can go without food and water, etc. Instead, we banned slaughter and now many of our horses are sent to Mexico to be slaughtered, where there are probably NO laws to ensure humane treatment.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
When there was horse slaughter in the US, it was not exactly done the correct way. I believe instead of banning slaughter they should have improved the conditions like not hauling horses in cattle trailers, limiting the number of hours horses can go without food and water, etc. Instead, we banned slaughter and now many of our horses are sent to Mexico to be slaughtered, where there are probably NO laws to ensure humane treatment.

Also many of them are sent to Canada for slaughter.

The US banned the european owend slaughters houses and with anyluck they will ban the transpot of horse to Mexico and Canada for the purpose of slaughter.

YouTube - Horse Slaughter in the United States

YouTube - Horse Slaughter in Canada!

YouTube - The transport of Ohio Horses to Mexico for slaughter

Last edited:

highnote

I hope you are a strict vegetarian, because they do the same to the cows, chickens, pigs, and other meat animals that end up on US dinner tables.

Why would it be terrible for those horses to be treated that way, but OK for cows to be treated that way? Eating commercial beef/chicken/pork is promoting those slaughter practices.

Anyone who is genuinely against slaughter should (in my opinion) either be a vegetarian, or purchase all their meat from sources that can be verified to raise and process their animals humanely. I can almost guarantee what you pick up at the local supermarket is NOT the product of humane slaughter. There ARE local sources for humanely raised meat... but you will pay about 3x more for it. But if your conviction is truly against animal cruelty... put your money where your mouth is.

One of my pet peeves is when people cry out against any slaughter of horses, but they love their burgers and chicken.

A good video regarding the food on your dinner table:
YouTube - Meet your Meat