Fried chicken

T

toppick08

Skillet fried is the bestest..but you gotta' stay on top of it.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
OMG you piggy - and you didn't even invite US !!!!! Did you at least SAVE us some?

I dunno where she went but I just finished my Chaptico Market chicken dinner with kale, lima's & cornbread. :drool:

Slice of orange cake for later with cold milk.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I used to be a chicken frying master - gave it up a few years ago. I'm sure I could do it again if I let myself. I LOVE fried chicken Mmmmmm. hey someone mentioned a place that had the BEST fried chicken - which place was it?

Frying chicken is easy peasy. For those of you without "grandmas" recipe..look up arrowhead farms chicken. It will make u slap your momma. Then all you need is an electric skillet (deep) and some canola oil and go to town. Simple, really. Its best to use small thighs, they cook better without burning. Try it..your man will thank you.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
... for good fried chicken I didn't have to cook? when? with greens? Oh my I am getting hungry now!

What about my really shy friend Greta? She has a really NICE personality :whistle: so maybe you can hook her up with a meal-sharing buddy? :wink:

You were too invited!!

Cowgirl

We made fried chicken a few weeks ago. We used the cast iron skillet. I was so excited, but then we couldn't tell if the chicken looked pink or not, and I was too freaked out to even eat any. :jameo: :bawl:

C

CalvertNewbie

Baked fried is all we do; Use Autry House Chicken Breader and mist it with Olive oil - BANGIN!!!

I just googled Autry House and saw a whole bunch of recipes I want to try for chicken and pork. Just added a few of the breaders to my shopping list. It seems they cary it in all the local grocery stores, can't believe I've never tried it. Question for you - have you tried baking veggies instead of frying them with these breaders? Wondering if they'd come out good baked?

C

CalvertNewbie

I made a roasted Perdue Oven Stuffer chicken. Damn good! :drool:

Sounds good! Btw, I made your mac and cheese recipe Saturday night for 12 people and everyone loved it. Went perfect with our grilled cajun ribeyes. Thanks for sharing, seems forumites have been making it for years. :howdy:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I just googled Autry House and saw a whole bunch of recipes I want to try for chicken and pork. Just added a few of the breaders to my shopping list. It seems they cary it in all the local grocery stores, can't believe I've never tried it. Question for you - have you tried baking veggies instead of frying them with these breaders? Wondering if they'd come out good baked?

No I haven't but it doesn't sound like a bad idea; most of the time I steam, grill or microwave fresh veggies but the baking with a coating sounds yum.

Agee

Fried Chicken absolutely rocks, even the gizzards !

Used to be a small chain in Va.Beach, Pollards Chicken, yum-yum and then some...

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Who keeps posting in this thread so it shows up in "new posts" and makes me hungry each time I see it??!! grrrrrrrrrr....