friend needs to know

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
I have a friend that lives in st Mary's and has pets ..

are they consider property and can her husband get a hold of them if they divorce...

he doesn't care for them but would do it if possible to be an a$$ he knows how much she loves her pets and he is jealous of them .. he has threatened to hurt them...

any helpful in put would be appreciated.

sockgirl77

are they consider property and can her husband get a hold of them if they divorce...

he doesn't care for them but would do it if possible to be an a$$ he knows how much she loves her pets and he is jealous of them .. he has threatened to hurt them...

Yes. They are considered property. My ex got both of my pets in the divorce. He actually had the dog put in the seperation agreement. :lmao:

tommyjones

and if any of them have a real value (horses) they may have to be sold, or the other party compesated for the value.....

Cowgirl

If that arse takes or harms her pets, just let us know and we will kindly beat him to a pulp. :smile:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Yep 1/2 and 1/2 make sure you "know" the appraser..also with the market down prices will be down..she will owe him 1/2. Acutally I would have to give up my 1/2 of the house to take my horses and my truck/trailer if it ever went to court.. :ohwell:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
If that arse takes or harms her pets, just let us know and we will kindly beat him to a pulp. :smile:

You would have to be in line because I am first this guy i such an a$$ .:evil:

I am trying to help her and might just have to take her pets to my house
but I have pets of my own and yes we both have horses..

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Yep 1/2 and 1/2 make sure you "know" the appraser..also with the market down prices will be down..she will owe him 1/2. Acutally I would have to give up my 1/2 of the house to take my horses and my truck/trailer if it ever went to court.. :ohwell:

so she would have to sell her truck and trailer also ?? that sucks.. what if she has kids?? does'nt he have to make sure the kids have a place to live??

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
so she would have to sell her truck and trailer also ?? that sucks.. what if she has kids?? does'nt he have to make sure the kids have a place to live??

Anything that was accumulated while they were married..EVEN if it is only in her name..My trucks/trailers/all horses/reg llamas/etc are all in my name..only 2 dogs have his names on the papers..Anyway it does not matter who is the owner they were accumulated together..sucks but the way I understood it..correct me if you find out I am wrong..not sure about the kids etc..never asked about them :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Simple: she should just tell him, fine, take them. He doesn't want the animals - he just wants to piss her off. Remove the fear, remove the threat.

And if he harms them, she can turn him over to the ASPCA and see how he likes them apples.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Simple: she should just tell him, fine, take them. He doesn't want the animals - he just wants to piss her off. Remove the fear, remove the threat.

And if he harms them, she can turn him over to the ASPCA and see how he likes them apples.

Not really hubby shot a horse of mine long ago because it kicked a kid..Cops told me it was his horse too and he could do it..he broke no laws..figure that one out..I am sick just typing this and reliving it..

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm

BOY the laws here are really different from MA that's for sure..what if she has any medical problems? Can't work because she takes care of her aging mom . Does any of this matter ???

She has a appointment with a lawyer next week she also said he has been abusive in the past both physically and verbally does any of this matter??

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
BOY the laws here are really different from MA that's for sure..what if she has any medical problems? Can't work because she takes care of her aging mom . Does any of this matter ???

She has a appointment with a lawyer next week she also said he has been abusive in the past both physically and verbally does any of this matter??

Crap you talking about me??

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Hey Paso, that's a big ole fancy, black, chromed out Ford truck you got sitting in your driveway...:banana: I sure hope you hold the title...:banana:

Sold it yesterday...his 65 ford PU for $200 :dance: that will really piss him off..:yahoo:

psst I think the neighbor was over when you drove by :whistle:

tommyjones

not really, in fact if she cant provide a home for them he will probably get custody. I mean if she gets them he has to pay CHILD support. But he could just as easily get custody and provide them a place to live with him.....

as to your question about alleged abuse, thats a very common claim when a divorce is happening, but the courts wont entertain the idea unless there is some independant evidence of abuse. (you know a police report)

as for he sob story about not being able to work, she either needs to get over it or apply for assistance. why should he be responsible for paying her to take care of her aging mom?

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
independant evidence of abuse. (you know a police report)

as for he sob story about not being able to work, she either needs to get over it or apply for assistance.

there has been a noted report of abuse but the police wanted to go to her house the next day and fill in a police report but he stayed home the next day and that would of really started some crap so the police women on the phone said she would record it so there was at least a record that she had called .. As for her sob story she has a disability ..she did also go to a lawyer after it happened. so it is not that cut and dry..she just wants her things he can have his things and for him to take care of his kids and get on with his miserable life.