Frozen breakfasts

CMC122

Go Braves!
Make a breakfast casserole and freeze serving size pieces! That would heat up real well in the microwave:yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kwillia said:
It is sweetened with Splenda whis reduces carbs and calories.

Actually, it has a little more carbs..maybe one..than a serving of regular oatmeal. I compared them a few weeks ago. They've boosted the protein and fiber in the Weight Smart. Of course, it comes in flavors which is a plus I guess. I don't know that it has Splenda..didn't see that in the ingredients.

I just use the regular old Quaker Oats and slice a banana, strawberries or blueberries and it's yummy and doesn't have all the junk that's in the flavored oatmeal. :yay:

Last edited:
cattitude said:
Actually, it has a little more carbs..maybe one..than a serving of regular oatmeal. I compared them a few weeks ago. They've boosted the protein and fiber in the Weight Smart. Of course, it comes in flavors which is a plus I guess. I don't know that it has Splenda..didn't see that in the ingredients.

I just use the regualar old Quaker Oats and slice a banana, strawberries or blueberries and it's yummy and doesn't have all the junk that's in the flavored oatmeal. :yay:
Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't comparing it to unflavored oatmeal.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
I just use the regualar old Quaker Oats
:yeahthat:

I like mine plain. I'll buy the instant variety pack for T and he rejects all the blue (regular) packages. :lol:

What I'd really like to find are steel cut oats in bulk. :yum:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
All the post are very good ideas and I use them all. Much healthier then buying something from the frozen section of the store.

I use about 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs when making scrambled or omelets. I make sandwiches with light wheat english muffins.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CMC122 said:
Make a breakfast casserole and freeze serving size pieces! That would heat up real well in the microwave
That's a great idea, too! :yay:

Okay, I tried the toast sandwich and it was pretty good except that frozen toast doesn't do well in the microwave. The filling was very good - eggs still fluffy, bacon done, cheese melted - but the toast turned into drywall.

But I shall experiment further to create the PERFECT homemade frozen breakfast sandwich! :diva:

vraiblonde said:
That's a great idea, too! :yay:

Okay, I tried the toast sandwich and it was pretty good except that frozen toast doesn't do well in the microwave. The filling was very good - eggs still fluffy, bacon done, cheese melted - but the toast turned into drywall.

But I shall experiment further to create the PERFECT homemade frozen breakfast sandwich! :diva:

English muffin or bagel might hold up better. :shrug:

Too Hot 4u

harleygirl said:
Or frozen pancakes...... :yum:

Be careful with some frozen pancakes and waffles, if you are opting for weight control oe weight loss. A lot of the frozen ones carry trans fat which can add to weight and bad cholesterol.

and frozen chipped beef gravy is awesome!

CMC122

Go Braves!
Too Hot 4u said:
Be careful with some frozen pancakes and waffles, if you are opting for weight control oe weight loss. A lot of the frozen ones carry trans fat which can add to weight and bad cholesterol.

and frozen chipped beef gravy is awesome!
I think they are all saying that they make thier own waffles and pancakes then freeze them:yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
forever jewel said:
Yuuummm!!! Sausage and gravy! Haven't had that in ages...perfect meal for cold, winter days :yum:
It's an X-mas morning and snowy morning thing. It's so friggin fattening and then it just SITS in your stomach. I love it, but you can hear your arteries clogging when you eat it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BS Gal said:
I love it, but you can hear your arteries clogging when you eat it.
No kidding. I've got all the kids coming home in October and I know that there will be a biscuits and sausage gravy morning because that's my son's favorite breakfast. We open up the biscuits, then top them with scrambled eggs, then dump the sausage gravy over top. :yum: but heart attack on a plate. :lol: