Fun tomorrow morning!

TPD

the poor dad
Rest assured TPD. With the mere purchase of new windshield wipers, ice melt, and a really spiffy fire engine red ice scraper, I have single-handedly guaranteed that this area will not experience freezing rain, sleet, or snow for the rest of the season. You're welcome in advance!

To warm for ice in St Mary's this morning.

Won't need an ice scrapper this morning unless you're up North.

Another "swing and a miss" for St. Mary's.

Unfortunately you are all wrong. Everything is covered in ice this morning in the lower part of STM. Thank goodness for VISA - it's every where you want to be!

PrepH4U

Like this is really important.....

I guess I've been told. I feel so silly now.

Yep the same posts that are in multiple threads are usually so full of wisdom that posters want to make sure that all of the members see them.:whistle:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Unfortunately you are all wrong. Everything is covered in ice this morning in the lower part of STM. Thank goodness for VISA - it's every where you want to be!

Was it on the roads or just the cars? If everything was covered in ice, the schools would've jumped on that chance to delay or close.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Was it on the roads or just the cars? If everything was covered in ice, the schools would've jumped on that chance to delay or close.

No ice on the island...not even on elevated surfaces like cars and such.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Windshields are already covered with ice in lower St. Mary's. Can't wait for morning to come since I have no ice scraper!

one of the first things i did when i moved here was buy a scraper. who else doesn't own one around here?? seriously!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
one of the first things i did when i moved here was buy a scraper. who else doesn't own one around here?? seriously!
I have seven of 'em. A different color for every day of the week. But seeing that, hstorically speaking, Tuesday's are the heaviest days for snow and ice, my Tuesday/Teal one is almost worn out. :bawl:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I keep a 6'X8' tarp for just this type of weather. It covers the roof, side windows, and windshield of my old truck great.:biggrin:

dave1959

Mechanicsville: Nothing, roads are dry, The only ice is in my tea...

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Thanks to OPM, downtown DC is practically a ghost town this morning! Roads are fine, and without the usual FUBAR'd traffic patterns. Tomorrow morning might be quite a different story from what they're saying.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I keep a 6'X8' tarp for just this type of weather. It covers the roof, side windows, and windshield of my old truck great.:biggrin:

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I'll bet it saves a lot of time and hassle on those snow/ice mornings.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Actually, that's not a bad idea. I'll bet it saves a lot of time and hassle on those snow/ice mornings.

It works great. You just have to be careful with the grommets and your paint job. When I get my new (to me) truck, I'm going to remove the grommets.

:buddies:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Thanks to OPM, downtown DC is practically a ghost town this morning! Roads are fine, and without the usual FUBAR'd traffic patterns. Tomorrow morning might be quite a different story from what they're saying.
It was a sweet ride this morning! :yahoo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have seven of 'em. A different color for every day of the week. But seeing that, hstorically speaking, Tuesday's are the heaviest days for snow and ice, my Tuesday/Teal one is almost worn out. :bawl:

You forgot to mention how they are color matched to your Day of the Week Bloomie thongs.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Attachments

• itt-05.jpg
    itt-05.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 32

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I think ALL the Winter weather just skips OVER you?

Strange. Nothing in Great Mills; however, the NWS added St. Mary's to the Winter Weather Advisory.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO NOON EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN...IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO NOON EST TUESDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND FREEZING DRIZZLE. LIGHT SNOW AND SLEET ARE EXPECTED THIS EVENING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...LITTLE OR NO SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION. ICE ACCUMULATION OF A TRACE TO A FEW HUNDREDTHS INCH.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW AND SLEET THIS EVENING WILL CHANGE TO LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND FREEZING DRIZZLE OVERNIGHT.

* TEMPERATURES...LOWS IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S TONIGHT. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S TO MID 40S.

* WINDS...LIGHT AND VARIABLE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. [/FONT]

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Can you just imagine how many people have landed in the emergency rooms due to the ice? I don 't want to be one of them, but I have almost had my feet slip out from under me many times. I think I need some of those Winter hiker boots with the metal grips at the bottom? :whistle: Hey hmm can I get some of those for my tires too? Then I can drive anywhere right? LOL

The forecast doesn't appear very ominous, but even if roads are fine people will drive poorly enough to make up the difference. :coffee:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Now see, you could have picked me up on the way and dropped me off at work ..... but noooooo you just kept driving by :spank:

It's 28* but there was no precipitation until I got to Marlo Heights and even then no ice.

Go to work you bums! Roads are fine.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I think awpitt is like PigPen from the Peanuts because that dust bowl around him seems to obscure his view of everything and obviously repels all the Winter weather from his body too .... ????

Like this is really important.....

I guess I've been told. I feel so silly now.

Attachments

• PigPenPeanuts.jpg
    PigPenPeanuts.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 16