Gaahhh. Static!

terbear1225

Alright ladies, what do you do for staticy hair? I know the standard dryer sheet trick and have tried various products but everything that gets rid of the static leaves my hair feeling incredibly greasy.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Funny, she specifically says "alright ladies" and three guys respond :whistle:

BTW, terber, I don't know what the answer is. My hair rarely gets statically charged.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
First I make sure to never over clean my hair in the winter. Sometimes unless your hair is very oily, lightly wash-rinse is all you need. You can skip the repeat.

If it does fly, I just wet my hands, pat them dry lightly and just scrunch my hair all over. Works for me, but not written in stone for everyone. Like most things about people, hair types vary considerably.

:coffee:

Roman

First I make sure to never over clean my hair in the winter. Sometimes unless your hair is very oily, lightly wash-rinse is all you need. You can skip the repeat.

If it does fly, I just wet my hands, pat them dry lightly and just scrunch my hair all over. Works for me, but not written in stone for everyone. Like most things about people, hair types vary considerably.

:coffee:
I use a small amount of non-oily lotion. Rub through the palm & fingers, then rub through the hair.

Vince

Funny, she specifically says "alright ladies" and three guys respond :whistle:

BTW, terber, I don't know what the answer is. My hair rarely gets statically charged.
:lol: Only static I get is when I try to open my car door, then...zap. Ouch. Curse words, etc.

kalmd

I have this issue and starting using It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Product. When I get out of the shower, I spray a little in my hair and I haven't had a static problem. I usually shower at night and my hair is still damp when I go to bed. When I would brush my hair in the morning it would be flying everywhere. This product had definitely stopped that. I think I got it at Sally's but I'm pretty sure I've seen it at Rite Aid or CVS.

Condition @ Its A 10 New 2013

miracle-leave-in.jpg

Roman

I have this issue and starting using It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Product. When I get out of the shower, I spray a little in my hair and I haven't had a static problem. I usually shower at night and my hair is still damp when I go to bed. When I would brush my hair in the morning it would be flying everywhere. This product had definitely stopped that. I think I got it at Sally's but I'm pretty sure I've seen it at Rite Aid or CVS.

Condition @ Its A 10 New 2013

miracle-leave-in.jpg
Thanks! I'm going to give it a try. The product can be found in the Hair Cuttery.

MarieB

I've had it here and there, but it hasn't been too bad.

My biggest problem right now is laundry static. I have the tide with downy (which doesn't work it, so don't waste your money) AND I've also been using regular downy in every load. It's still really bad. In fact, that is where my hair static is coming from when i have it

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've had it here and there, but it hasn't been too bad.

My biggest problem right now is laundry static. I have the tide with downy (which doesn't work it, so don't waste your money) AND I've also been using regular downy in every load. It's still really bad. In fact, that is where my hair static is coming from when i have it

Use Bounce sheets.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Rub dryer sheet either on hair, on hairbrush/comb or both. Or spray brush/comb lightly with Static Guard before you use it. Neither weighs down my thin hair at all -- just gets rid of the static. :dance:

Roman

Rub dryer sheet either on hair, on hairbrush/comb or both. Or spray brush/comb lightly with Static Guard before you use it. Neither weighs down my thin hair at all -- just gets rid of the static. :dance:
What kind of Shampoo & Conditioner do you use on your thin hair? The reason I ask is because I have thin hair also, and am always up for trying something new that doesn't weigh it down.

KDENISE977

What kind of Shampoo & Conditioner do you use on your thin hair? The reason I ask is because I have thin hair also, and am always up for trying something new that doesn't weigh it down.

:yeahthat:

The older I get the thinner my hair gets and it's fine too. So I get the static but everything makes it limp :bawl: