Game Show

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In any case the math problem is easy enough to prove to yourself if you have some time, 3 cups and a ball.

Like I said, we covered this in my Statistics class along with other fun odds games. I still maintain, based on life experience, that the odds are always 50-50: either it will or it won't.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Once the 3rd door is revealed the game resets to a 2 door game. The odds are 50-50 at than point.

Similar to odd & even bets or black & red bets in roulette. Regardless of the previous color/number, each subsequent number is independent of previous spins.

Clem72

Once the 3rd door is revealed the game resets to a 2 door game. The odds are 50-50 at than point.

Similar to odd & even bets or black & red bets in roulette. Regardless of the previous color/number, each subsequent number is independent of previous spins.

So let me ask you, if you had 100 doors and you got to pick 1, and then they revealed 98 of the remaining 99 doors. Would you then switch? Does that make it a little clearer how you are now being offered the choice between a 1 in 100 chance of being right, and a 99 in 100 chance? Or do you still think it would be 50/50 (because somehow you magically have the ability to select the correct door out of 100 half the time)?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So let me ask you, if you had 100 doors and you got to pick 1, and then they revealed 98 of the remaining 99 doors. Would you then switch? Does that make it a little clearer how you are now being offered the choice between a 1 in 100 chance of being right, and a 99 in 100 chance? Or do you still think it would be 50/50 (because somehow you magically have the ability to select the correct door out of 100 half the time)?
I'm not the type of person to end up on a game show anyway.

rstrats

Like I said, we covered this in my Statistics class along with other fun odds games. I still maintain, based on life experience, that the odds are always 50-50: either it will or it won't.

Like I asked TPD what would you do if after your pick of curtain #1 - and before any curtains were opened - the host told you that you could switch to both curtains #2 and #3?

rstrats

Like I asked others, what would you do if after your pick of curtain #1 - and before any curtains were opened - the host told you that you could switch to both curtains #2 and #3?