Gardening

Agee

As expressed earlier...

Big beds, plant low maintenence!

Butterfly bush, Larioppe, Hosta (lower the sunlight the better) Coral Bells, shasta daisey, day lillies, black-eyed susan, kiss me at the garden gate.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Butterfly bush, Larioppe, Hosta (lower the sunlight the better) Coral Bells, shasta daisey, day lillies, black-eyed susan, kiss me at the garden gate.
I've got all those and then some in my beds. :lol:

Lilacs, azaleas, dianthus, burning bush, columbine...geez, I could go on and on. I'm a bit of a gardening fanatic. :blushing:

jazz lady said:
The nice things about plants is if you plant them in the wrong place, you CAN MOVE THEM. :yay: I've planted things too close or put big things in front of little things. Gardens are constantly evolving.

I just put in the front beds in my house last year. You can look at last year's pictures here under "House and Garden." These are two perennial beds across the front of the house. About 50% of them are native Maryland species. Lots of Stargazer lilies. Two trellises on the end for climbing clemantis vines.
And when you decide you no longer want your nice, big, mature plants, you can dig them up and give them to me, just like my buddy has done again this year. He has given me about a dozen BIG azaleas from his front yard in the last two years. The batch I got Sunday I have planted between my house and my neighbor, out front. Cut down all the scraggly, crappy looking holly trees and scrub brush and replaced them with beautiful red and white azaleas (along with a pair of I-don't-know-what bushes). I need to dig up and switch two that he gave me 2 years ago, planted them all out of bloom. It turned out that I planted an entire row of red ones, with a white one at the end, and then a bunch of white ones around some trees, with a red one right in front.

Agee

Speaking of sprouts...

A visit to the hotel bar, there they were,

Sharon, Jazz, and Kwillia.

got so home sick!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Speaking of sprouts...

got so home sick!
Aw, miss you too! :huggy: Coming back tomorrow, right? :cartwheel

Airgasm said:
Speaking of sprouts...

got so home sick!
I notice Catt is conveniently left off the list... I suppose she was back in the room fluffing the pillows...:tap:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
huntr1 said:
And when you decide you no longer want your nice, big, mature plants, you can dig them up and give them to me
It will be a LOOOOOOOOONG while before my azaleas get big. They're only about half a foot tall now. I think I have 8. I need to get a flashlight out and go count the bushes. :lol:

Don't mind if I have another beer. :cheers: :otter: