Geico

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

johnjrval424 said:
Allstate took us knowing full well we had an inground pool. Now, I did encounter that question from the other companies I was shopping. I found it really odd that they asked if we had pets (cat and dog), pool (yes) and how many times we entertain (really strange). Now, after calling a few companies, I can understand why. I even had one company state that, because we didn't have a fire hydrant nearby (even though we live 2 miles from the fire department), they wouldn't insure us.

Sounds like to me, insurance companies these days are charging a hefty premium to get out of providing as much coverage as possible. :confused: :nomoney:

Wow...I can't even name the location of a single fire hydrant within 10 miles of me, probably more lol...

Dork

Highlander's MPD
johnjrval424 said:
Allstate took us knowing full well we had an inground pool. Now, I did encounter that question from the other companies I was shopping. I found it really odd that they asked if we had pets (cat and dog), pool (yes) and how many times we entertain (really strange). Now, after calling a few companies, I can understand why. I even had one company state that, because we didn't have a fire hydrant nearby (even though we live 2 miles from the fire department), they wouldn't insure us.

Sounds like to me, insurance companies these days are charging a hefty premium to get out of providing as much coverage as possible. :confused: :nomoney:

My agent asked me about pets too. He said they don't like to insure people who have aggresive dogs like Pit Bulls or Rotties.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I've had GEICO for years and I'm very satisfied with service....Had teen drivers and hit deers and broke glass and they never gave me any grief....I would highly recommend them...

D

Dixie

I've been with Geico over 20 years. Always had great service, including roadside assistance. At one time I had new car coverage with them (back when cars did not have 100,000 mile warranties). At 103,000 plus mileage, one of my rear tires just fell off the car - don't remember the circumstances - but it was close to $2,000 to get repaired. Called Geico and asked if they could help me out considering I was only(?) 3,000 over the warranty. I was stunned when they said okay. All I had to pay was the deductible. I'm very happy with their service.

beamher

pcjohnnyb said:
Wow...I can't even name the location of a single fire hydrant within 10 miles of me, probably more lol...

yeah, i was asked that when i called to put the new house on the policy. they also asked where was the nearest fire dept. and a couple other what i thought were wierd questions :banghead:. i think i must had to call back like 3 to 4 times before i could answer everything. so needless to say, i started my journey--i found the nearest hydrant(2 houses down :lmao: ), nearest fire dept. and the nearest hospital.

Gary_Maddox623

Southern City Man
Geico has good rates for those 25 and older, other wise I think they are very scetchy about people under 25 years of age. I have Geico and my payments are alright for full coverage insurance.

clippa

insurance

I just have Geico the last couple of months, so I cannot really recommend them yet, but they gave me a good rate. I can save 50 %.
They customer service is great so far, and I love they online service. I don't have to deal with an agent, I can do everything online by myself.

Angel

~*~*~
I have Geico and highly recommend them. I was a member of Nationwide for over 10 years before I realized they were screwing the ever living life out of me. Nationwide was charging me more for car insurance (I lived in Maine at the time) due to the damages they had to cover for their Hurricane ridden Florida customers (one of Nationwides customer service representatives told me that). I switched to Geico and I have no regrets.

Last edited:

slaphappynmd

Homer J said:
Just don't hit any deer. A friend of mine hit one a couple years ago. Geico paid off fine. Fast forward. Same friend hits another deer. (Go figure, it's Southern Maryland) Anyway, Geico refuses to pay because he already bagged his limit on deer.

Now my parents had Progressive. My Dad was backed into by a truck in a parking lot. (Dad was parked, car wasn't even running) The truck driver's insurance paid the claim. My dad "informed" his company, didn't file a claim, just let his agent know what happened, and guess what, they raised his rates. Needless to say, they no longer have Progressive.

I've hit 2 deer and 1 dog, each causing thousands in damages, Allstate wrote me a check each time without even coming to look, filed the claim and had the money in no time. Same with windshields, had it replaced 2 times, no questions asked, they just pay for it.

Ruthless Babe

GEICO has served me well through several accidents my teens have had, including hitting deer. No problem at all getting them to pay. Best thing is they do not increase rates if you are not at fault (that includes hitting deer). My daughter has hit 2 deer and been in 2 or 3 accidents (none her fault) and her premium has never gone up.

No problem with car rental when cars were being repaired. Roadside assistance is well worth the money -- we have used it often and have never waited more than 30 minutes.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I just swittched to progressive about 6 months ago from geico, i was under my moms policy and they said that since i had 3 points and an accident that i would either need to change to my own policy or switch companies. Well after a quote of almost 300 a month for liability i checked around. Progressive gave me the same rate that had when i under my mom, and they just lowered it about $50 a month.

Back when i was under geico i had an accident at the intersection in the first colony parking lot, i was waiting to turn left on the side by burger king and i waited a good 5 min before i moved, this woman in a blazer was coming into the shopping center, turned her blinker on to turn right so i pulled out well she kept coming straight and hit me. After everything was cleared with the cops, geico said i was at fault because i failed to stop at the intersection. That really pissed me off considering all they wanted to do was listen to her side of the story, well they claimed injury and i seen the guy in the blazer that claimed the injury at lowes lifting 50lbs bags of mulch with no problem, this was only about 2 weeks later. I called gaico to file a fraudulant claim notice on the other driver and they wouldnt do ####. Needless to say i will never use geico for any reason.

mxmom943

GEICO is to darn expensive. My boyfriend had them, he was paying way too much for insurance, and I am talking like $1400 every six months. So I called Erie for insurance for him, try $1400 a year now. So you tell me, does GEICO really save you money?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I've had GEICO for some time. I haven't had to use them :knockonwood: but they make it very easy to make payments - of course - and I think they have pretty funny commercials. Hopefully, that is all I'll be able to contribute for some time. In the meantime, good luck with your endeavors. :howdy:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
I've had GEICO for some time. I haven't had to use them :knockonwood: but they make it very easy to make payments - of course - and I think they have pretty funny commercials.

:mad:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
mxmom943 said:
GEICO is to darn expensive. My boyfriend had them, he was paying way too much for insurance, and I am talking like $1400 every six months. So I called Erie for insurance for him, try $1400 a year now. So you tell me, does GEICO really save you money?
How many car wrecks had he been? How many tickets?

mxmom943

mv_princess said:
How many car wrecks had he been? How many tickets?

1 accident when he was 17 and NO TICKETS, so you tell me, how can one charge him 1400 every six months and the other 1400 a year?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
mxmom943 said:
1 accident when he was 17 and NO TICKETS, so you tell me, how can one charge him 1400 every six months and the other 1400 a year?
because he is a guy. and more at risk than females.

slaphappynmd

mv_princess said:
because he is a guy. and more at risk than females.
still that is steep, I have 4 points on my license and it is $1200 every 6 months...but I've never had an accident before, so maybe accidents weigh more than a few 1-9mph over speeding tickets.

though that $1200 is full coverage on a 2006 vehicle, everything including windsheilds is covered with no deductable, insurance pays it all.

alex

I have ad GEICO for many years without any problems. However I switched my homeowners from them to Liberty Mutual about 7 years ago. GEICO had sold/outsourced their Homeowners division and the firm they used was awful. They screwed up my policy big time. I was supposed to have market replacement value and didn't (thank goodness I never needed to use), they told me I had to trim the trees near my home or have my policy cancelled. When I inquired how far I had to trim them back they said they had not set limit. I didn't want to spend big $$ to trim trees only to be told I had to do it again. Also, they said there was no fire hydrant near my home and their is one in front of my neighbors house - about 50 ft from mine.