Geico

dorothydot

Yes, when we were getting ready to close on our house down here, I checked out Geico for homeowners' insurance.

"Do you have a pool?" "Yes." "Is the back yard fenced?" "Yes." "Do you have locks on all gates?" "No, we haven't bought the home yet. We need this homeowners to settle."

"We won't insure your home unless there are locks on all gates."
"We will when it's our house. Right now we can't do that."
"Then we can't insure you."

:bonk: :banghead: :banghead:

Marie

johnjrval424 said:
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - I just wanted to know if anyone here has GEICO insurance.

I decided to check around on my rates and, after getting an online quote from GEICO, they can save me 50% on my premiums. I'm thinking I may even switch the homeowners over (since Allstate wants to put it to me with the "tropical cyclone" deductible of now 5% of my house's insured amount).

But, before I went whole hog, I wanted to get some feedback from people who may have had dealings with them. I'm very cautious when making decisions like this - I try to check things out carefully before making a leap.

Thanks everyone! :howdy:
I was with Gieco for 7 years every year my rates went up and I have a perfect driving record and never any claims.
This year I had enough I went with Simms and saved 400.00 on car insurrance and 250.00 on homeowners.
Glad I not paying for there stupid comericals anymore!!

spike2763

johnjrval424 said:
To my knowledge, the County doesn't care. We had county inspectors come out when we were building the 4-bay garage you see in the background. No one ever said a single word about a fence around the pool.

The people below the hill from us have an inground as well and they don't have a fence.

Had a friend in PA who had a pool without a fence and had insurance. Little girl in neighborhood drowned in pool, (accident). Parents of the girl sued the pool owners, insurance company would not pay because there was no fence, because it's the law in PA to have a fence. Home owners lost. Don't know if it's the same in MD. Just something to think about all you pool owners

allstate policy 632.00 every six months

geico 392.00 every six months

I just switched... Allstate is getting outrageous I have a "beautiful driving record"

thats a BIG savings!

Etred101

I think Geico is junk. I would go with State Farm, or Nationwide before I went to Geico. Also, a big downfall is that they dont have "offices" you can walk into to talk to your insurance agent etc.

My wife works for State Farm. They have always been a great service company. They have lowered rates so they are worth a look. They use the Agent system rather than a phone bank.

belvak

Happy Camper
I know I already replied before, but we just got our GEICO renewal policy the other day and, even with two under 25 drivers, the rate dropped close to $50/month this time. Seems like each time renewal comes up, it drops a bit, but this was really good! We've had them for a long time and have never had any trouble.

Last edited:

nicole_M

I know I alread replied before, but we just got our GEICO renewal policy the other day and, even with two under 25 drivers, the rate dropped close to $50/month this time. Seems like each time renewal comes up, it drops a bit, but this was really good! We've had them for a long time and have never had any trouble.

:yeahthat: We just got our renewal papers today...Dropped another $30/month. We've been with Geico for 5 years. I have never had one single issue with them. We got a quote from State Farm and it was over $300 more for 6 months. No way I am paying an extra $600/year for an office to walk into. We also have perfect driving records.

I have Geico out here in California for 10yrs. Called to get a quote for Calvert county since I am moving there in 4 months and my insurance will go up over $100.00 when I get there if I stay with them. they said it was because of the area???? You would think living in San Diego your insurance whould be higher

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I have Geico out here in California for 10yrs. Called to get a quote for Calvert county since I am moving there in 4 months and my insurance will go up over $100.00 when I get there if I stay with them. they said it was because of the area???? You would think living in San Diego your insurance whould be higher

Yeah, really. That doesn't sound right at all! Did you pick up anymore driving points? Additional drivers? Will it be far to work? Are you in a flood zone?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I have to agree with the recommendations for Erie. I've been with them for about a year now and it's been fabulous. My car was keyed down the entire passenger side in some random act of vandalism and I had absolutely no problems with the claim. They worked directly with the repair shop (PJ's Autobody, who I can't recommend highly enough) and processed the claim quickly and painlessly. :yay:

No points and no new drivers. I don't know if it is a flood zone or not. My premium is around $700 out here and when I get there they said it will be $1300. then I checked Progressive for out there and it will be around $600 for 6 months.

gocheysun

I have Geico also and i love them they have good customer service and are always pleasant. my insurance is very inexpensive.