Gen Z 1st World Issues

Clem72

Last time my wife and I took a proctored test (via Mensa) my IQ was rated at 142, hers at 136.
However, my Ambition Quotient is about 95 where hers is 120.
If you really took a proctored test you would be the only person I have ever heard of who quotes an "IQ" that actually did so.

Agree. I've always said the same thing.

My ex was a perfect example. Incredibly intelligent, 2 Masters, diagnosed a major problem with an EA-6B in another country over satellite with seconds before the comm window closed, but insisted a dishwasher didn't have a heater coil. When I asked what temp steam is created, she said 212*. When I asked what the inlet temp of the water from the hot water heater was she said 120*. I then asked how could 120* water that been in a dishwasher for an hour create steam and be certified for sanitizing? I got the blank stare blinks.
In hindsight that line of questioning should have been questions asked over dinner while on the first date. :huggy:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Jodie Foster Roasts Gen-Z Over ‘Really Annoying’ Workplace Habits

“They need to learn how to relax, how to not think about it so much, how to come up with something that’s theirs. I can help them find that, which is so much more fun than being, with all the pressure behind it, the protagonist of the story,” Foster added. “I do a lot of reaching out to young actresses. I’m compelled. Because it was hard growing up.”

But she also noted that she occasionally found herself irritated by some of the workplace habits she saw in the younger generations.

“They’re really annoying, especially in the workplace,” she said of Gen Z in particular. “They’re like, ‘Nah, I’m not feeling it today, I’m gonna come in at 10.30am.’ Or, like, in emails, I’ll tell them this is all grammatically incorrect, did you not check your spelling? And they’re like, ‘Why would I do that, isn’t that kind of limiting?'”

Hijinx

At 20 I was married. at 81 still married to the same woman .A beautiful woman in body and soul.
We had some tough times ate a lot of soup, but we made it,

Of course an Apartment then was $75 dollars and the car payment was another $70, After 2 years I got a job earning $6,014 dolars a year and thought I was rich but the first 2 years was rough. My wife helped by working for a year and a half, had a child and has been a housewife since.

BOP

Women can destroy everything with compassion, they always have a bailout​

Yeah, I saw that last night.

It does go to something friends and I have pointed out years ago, which is that the younger generation wants all the stuff that us Boomers acquired over the course of, well, generations.

They want the nice cars, the nice houses, the latest clothes, electronic gear, the lifestyle those of us in the Boomer generation acquired with hard work, shared sacrifice, the delayed gratification, and so on, without having to put in the time or the work.

And it wasn't just us that put in the effort and the sacrifice; our parents worked hard and gave up so we could have. While I'm sure my generation didn't always appreciate it as well as we could have, each succeeding generation appreciates it less and less, to the point where the latest group of snot-noses not only does not, but they demand that we give to them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

She Thinks It's Fatphobic To NOT Date A Plus Size Person?!​

Gheez this one girl tries to have it both ways .... having a preference against fat chicks is mean, does not want to date a fat dude

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BOP

Clem72

Women can destroy everything with compassion, they always have a bailout​

Guy has some good points, and legitimate criticisms, but he wraps it all up in a bitter pity sandwich that's hard to listen to. How many times did he mention his wife divorcing him and taking the kids, like 9? Why does he make it sound like it was 100% his wife's decision and she did it just to be mean to him, while he was the perfect guy and spent all day working just to buy her things.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Woman RUINS HER CAREER By RECORDING HERSELF IN TEARS While Getting FIRED For Poor Performance!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The comment from Behar, 81, came after co-host Whoopi Goldberg cited a social media thread that seemed to indicate that Gen Z was worried about losing “value as they age” and that they will have “nothing to look forward to other than wrinkles, aging and death.”

“Every single thing you see is anti-aging, don’t actually look the way that you are,” co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin agreed. “No one’s actually body positive.

“They are not hitting the milestones the way every generation before them did,” added Griffin, 34. “They’re owning homes at a lower rate, this is wild. Forty-five percent of people between 18 to 29 still live with their parents.

“They feel left behind by the economy, and they also see everybody trying to not age.”

Though Griffin’s comments were backed by fellow co-hosts Sara Haines, 46, and Sunny Hostin, Behar was left unmoved.

“Oh please, get a job,” Behar said dismissively. “There’s a million job openings in this country. Get a job.”

Several of Behar’s colleagues, however, disagreed.

Hostin, 55, chimed in that she is currently raising two Gen Z children who have had to grow up in “the worst of times,” referring to the COVID-19 pandemic.

• Haha

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Gen Z speaks out on the simple act that brings them ‘to tears’: ‘I would freak out’

The simple act of making a phone call has emerged as one of Gen Z’s greatest weaknesses.

With phones being so easily accessible and attached to almost every young person’s hand, you might expect Gen Z to be able to perform one of the most mundane tasks – picking up the phone and dialling.

Unfortunately the reality is, the very thought of making a call is often accompanied by a sense of dread and impending failure for some.

Most subject matter experts believe this apprehension to phone calls is associated with social anxiety. Social anxiety stems from the fear of judgement or humiliation.

Texting and using apps such as Snapchat, prevents mistakes from being made. Texting allows Gen Z to proofread and keep track of their conversation.

Texting also gives them time to respond appropriately without awkward silences and prevents any unforeseen mishaps. This eliminates chances of being judged or humiliated.

Texting is also quicker. It allows Gen Zers to quickly send off a text and walk away while waiting for a response.

Texting allows multi-tasking, whereas phone calls mean focusing your whole attention to what is happening on the line.

News.com.au spoke to high school and university students to explain their fear.

“If I had to make a phone call I would freak out,” one said. “When I do make a call, I usually sit down and write potential responses to what I think they’ll say to me, just so I am prepared.”

Another said it was best just to stay away from phone calls.

“It feels like I’m not reinforcing the statement ‘stranger danger,’” she said. “It’s been a warning we have all grown up with.”

• Haha