Gen Z 1st World Issues

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
6a00d83451c95969e201a3fcb8b9fa970b-pi

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Seattle woman, 25, who earns $100,000 A YEAR says she STILL can't afford simple luxuries like meals out and the gym - revealing she's had to 'downgrade' her lifestyle to cope with soaring cost of living

A woman who earns $100,000-a-year has claimed that her salary still isn't enough to support her lifestyle - lamenting the 'downgrades' that she's had to make to her regular outgoings, from cutting out her gym membership to avoiding eating out.

Natalie Fischer, 25, and her husband, Keldon, 30, from Seattle, Washington, both work in the tech industry and bring home a combined salary of $200,000.

As a result of their six-figure salaries, Natalie admits the pair experienced a 'lifestyle creep', which saw them spending more money because they were bringing home more cash.

But soon enough the pair found themselves hemorrhaging money, particularly with rising inflation and the soaring cost of living - which saw them forced to cut way back on the small luxuries that they were once able to enjoy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Managers’ latest complaints about Gen Z: They lack soft skills and have unrealistic workplace expectations

Eighty-two percent of managers—among the Harris Poll’s pool of 1,200 knowledge workers—said their new Gen Z hires’ soft skills need more guidance, time, and training. They think Gen Z newbies also have unrealistic workplace expectations, more so than they used to, and three in four managers say it’s harder to train new hires in soft skills than in actual technical skills.

It’s a problem that even the Gen Z employees in question can acknowledge, but they’re asking for a bit of grace. Nearly four in five Gen Z employees (78%) that Harris Poll surveyed said that they feel some more ambient, abstract workplace soft skills can’t be taught and can really only be gained by watching more seasoned employees over time.

They also point out that given the fact that many of them experienced Zoom college and Zoom internships instead of boots-on-the-ground training, they’re having a harder time than their predecessors adjusting to workplace norms and right-sizing their expectations. But as Gen Alpha creeps up behind them, it’s high time for Gen Z to get on board.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Most Gen Z lack this workplace skill — and it could cost them a job: poll

When it comes to office water cooler talk, Gen Z is running dry.

A majority of Gen Z said they have no idea what to talk about with their coworkers, according to a Harris Poll compiled for Fortune.

The poll of 1,000 workers of all ages discovered 65% of Gen Z were speechless around their coworkers, while only a quarter of their older coworkers reported the same social anxiety.

One reason for the discourse disparity could be that Gen Z and their boomer coworkers lack commonalities, such as having pets and children, or owning a car and home. Not completely conversation-averse, 75% of Gen Zers said they may be more inclined to chat with senior staffers if they initiate the conversation first.

Unfortunately, their lack of social skills might be costing tongue-tied zoomers a job, promotion or a raise — as the poll also found that most people believe those who make an effort to connect with older employees and upper management are more likely to get ahead.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Gen Z grad with 2 degrees breaks down in tears sharing the responses she received from minimum wage employers after handing out her résumé in New York

“This is the most humbled I’ve ever felt in my life,” a teary-eyed Gen Z graduate reported back to her TikTok fans while holding a stack of résumés after a disappointing day of job-seeking—and the brutal wake-up call has struck a generational nerve.

In the video, which has amassed over 23 million views, Lohanny Santos, a 26-year-old from Brooklyn with a dual degree and three languages up her sleeve, shared that she’d been going door-to-door to find work to no avail.

Santos, who posts under the handle @lohannysant, broke down in tears while admitting that she’d given up hopes of becoming a full-time influencer and needed a job with a full-time salary.

After her online venture didn’t generate enough income to pay the bills, she went into several coffee shops to hand them her resume—just like she did when she was 16 and was looking for a job. But it wasn’t long before the Pace University graduate realized that not even “two degrees in communications and acting” is enough to land a $16-an-hour job in New York in the current tough job market.

“It’s honestly a little bit embarrassing because I’m literally applying for, like, minimum-wage jobs,” she cried. “And some of them are being like, ‘We’re not hiring’ and it’s like, ‘What?’ This is not what I expected.”

“This sucks,” she concluded.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Depending on what three languages she speaks, you'd think she'd be smart enough to go to places that could utilize them. Aren't there plenty of illegal aliens in NYC that don't speak English?

BOP

She Thinks It's Fatphobic To NOT Date A Plus Size Person?!​

Gheez this one girl tries to have it both ways .... having a preference against fat chicks is mean, does not want to date a fat dude

Typical.

Single mothers also don't want to date single fathers; a fact they often work into their rants about why men don't want to date single mothers.

BOP

Managers’ latest complaints about Gen Z: They lack soft skills and have unrealistic workplace expectations

Eighty-two percent of managers—among the Harris Poll’s pool of 1,200 knowledge workers—said their new Gen Z hires’ soft skills need more guidance, time, and training. They think Gen Z newbies also have unrealistic workplace expectations, more so than they used to, and three in four managers say it’s harder to train new hires in soft skills than in actual technical skills.

It’s a problem that even the Gen Z employees in question can acknowledge, but they’re asking for a bit of grace. Nearly four in five Gen Z employees (78%) that Harris Poll surveyed said that they feel some more ambient, abstract workplace soft skills can’t be taught and can really only be gained by watching more seasoned employees over time.

They also point out that given the fact that many of them experienced Zoom college and Zoom internships instead of boots-on-the-ground training, they’re having a harder time than their predecessors adjusting to workplace norms and right-sizing their expectations. But as Gen Alpha creeps up behind them, it’s high time for Gen Z to get on board.
It was 2 f*ckin' years!

For the love of dog! How many decades are we going to continue blaming the Planned Demic and the lockdowns!?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How many decades are we going to continue blaming the Planned Demic and the lockdowns!?

The Planned Demic [ love this ] ruined a generation maybe 2 ... my 18 yr old had her High School Ruined ... younger generations 2 yrs if trying to grow unable to see a face, as they need for development

DaSDGuy

I started working when I was 14. Dad told me to save my money because when I turned 16 and got my drivers license the increase in his auto insurance was my expense. He meant it. Dad made exception when I needed more funds than I could pull in, but it was handled as a loan. I raised my kids the same way. They have always worked to support themselves. Now, sometimes my SO and I helped them out a bit, but only if they were working and doing the best they could. Now my kids are the ones raising theirs with the same sense of values. It's a pity that isn't the norm for Gen Z.

BOP

Seattle woman, 25, who earns $100,000 A YEAR says she STILL can't afford simple luxuries like meals out and the gym - revealing she's had to 'downgrade' her lifestyle to cope with soaring cost of living

A woman who earns $100,000-a-year has claimed that her salary still isn't enough to support her lifestyle - lamenting the 'downgrades' that she's had to make to her regular outgoings, from cutting out her gym membership to avoiding eating out.

Natalie Fischer, 25, and her husband, Keldon, 30, from Seattle, Washington, both work in the tech industry and bring home a combined salary of $200,000.

As a result of their six-figure salaries, Natalie admits the pair experienced a 'lifestyle creep', which saw them spending more money because they were bringing home more cash.

But soon enough the pair found themselves hemorrhaging money, particularly with rising inflation and the soaring cost of living - which saw them forced to cut way back on the small luxuries that they were once able to enjoy.
I don't even want to speculate as to whether or not she voted Demonrat...I guarantee she did.

Suck it, beotch.

BOP

Being mostly an introvert, I ran into that. If I had been more outgoing and more into playing politics, I could have easily retired as a 14. Still, a 13/7 isn't bad.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Being mostly an introvert, I ran into that.

Yeah Extroverts of the world are annoying .... dude just leave me alone to do my job

and this EVERYO9NE NEEDS TO HAVE THERE WEB CAMS ON for teams meetings

BOP

Yeah Extroverts of the world are annoying .... dude just leave me alone to do my job

and this EVERYO9NE NEEDS TO HAVE THERE WEB CAMS ON for teams meetings
They can put me on social media sleeping in said meetings.