Georgia Voting Debate

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Burgess Owens Shreds Democrats’ Comparison Of Voter Integrity Laws To Jim Crow: I ‘Actually Experienced Jim Crow’ Laws

“As someone who’s actually experienced Jim Crow laws, I’d like to set the record straight on the myth regarding the recently passed Georgia State law, and why any comparison between this law and Jim Crow is absolutely outrageous,” Owens said during a congressional hearing. “I’ll give you a few examples from my own life of what Jim Crow laws actually looked like.”

“At the age of 12, my father allowed me to participate in a demonstration with college students in front of the segregated Florida State Theater, where because of our color, we could not enter. I was the youngest participant there,” he recounted. “Only 50 years later did I learn that my father parked across the street to watch and make sure I was safe.”

“In the seventh grade, my school never received new books. Instead, we received books from the all-white school across town,” the Utah congressman said. “At service stations, there were white-men-only restrooms, white-women-only restrooms, and a filthy restroom in the back of the station for black Americans designated as ‘colored.'”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Burgess Owens Eviscerates Democrats' 'Jim Crow' Narrative on Election Integrity

He then turned to the Georgia law, which President Joe Biden called “Jim Crow on steroids.”

“The section of the Georgia law that has brought so much outrage from the Left simply requires any person applying for an absentee ballot to include evidence of a government-issued ID on their application,” Owens explained. “If a voter does not have a driver’s license or ID card, that voter can use a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or any other government document that shows a name and address of this voter. If a voter somehow cannot produce one of these above forms of ID, that voter can still vote and cast a vote through a provisional ballot.”

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
White Liberals Watch In Amazement As Black Man Acquires ID