Geraldo Canceled By the Five

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Geraldo obviously hasn’t looked at Joe Biden’s past or what’s on the Hunter Biden laptop. He hasn’t bothered to investigate, which is part of the problem. That’s just remarkably silly for anyone who pretends to be a news person. It means he can’t be bothered to know the first thing about the facts or Biden, apart that he’s the likely Democratic nominee; therefore he, Geraldo, should find excuses for him, and he certainly does that.

But is any of that a factor here? Some are suggesting that Geraldo, who is often wrong, is wrong here again. Other speculation suggested Gutfeld might have been involved in it.

One Fox News insider speculated to The Daily Beast that Gutfeld may have played a role in Rivera’s alleged removal.
Other sources within the network claimed however that Rivera was never on the show’s calendar to begin with and that it was always supposed to just be Tarlov and Ford in the ‘liberal’ seat this week.

We’ll have to see what happens. I think it’s fair to say that no one would miss Geraldo if he was booted, unlike Tucker Carlson.

I know Greg was pissed after Geraldo brought up his EV Bentley, calling him out for his myopic view on automobiles going green ... part of the discussion revolved around the cost of Tesla's and Geraldo brings up his EV Bentley

Geraldo and Gutfeld Brawl Over Biden EV Policy: ‘Stop Pointing at Me!’

The Environmental Protection Agency announced the plan on Wednesday. While the agency can’t require automakers to manufacture electric vehicles, it can impose emissions restrictions on the vehicles they sell.

“I was gonna buy an EV Bentley,” Rivera said on Wednesday’s episode of The Five. “They offered me a $7,500 rebate. I said, I don’t need the $7,500.”

“Thank God you connect with our audience,” Gutfeld said, hinting at what was to come later in the segment.

“But you see what is happening in terms of the private sector,” Rivera continued. “It is changing at a pace more rapid than we ever anticipated. Here’s one thing. Electric powered vehicles have 60% efficiency in terms of the conversion of energy to the wheels turning. Gas-powered is 17% to 21%. Electric vehicles are three times more energy efficient in terms of making your car go than gas-powered.”

He added the transition toward all-electric vehicles is “happening regardless” of government policy.

“Well, apparently the message ain’t getting out because Americans don’t want to buy ’em,” Jeanine Pirro shot back.

Dana Perino noted that making EVs requires copious amounts of lithium, much of which is mined in countries that allow child labor, such the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

glhs837

Power with Control
Except of course. Americans were still buying them when the subsidies went away. The reason they were extended and expanded is due to lobbying. And lithium isn't mined in Africa. Cobalt is, and makers are working to reduce and remove the need for it.

This is why I discount virtually anything the Fox folks say about EVs. They refuse to disconnect their dislike of the govt push and subsidies, which I agree with them on, from the incorrect memes disparaging the vehicles themselves. Americans do like them, and no they don't all cost 60,000 dollars, and they don't take all day to charge unless you use a 120 volt outlet.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is why I discount virtually anything the Fox folks say about EVs.

You are completely missing the point, the discussion revolved around the Impending Forced Adaptation of EV's From Federal Polices to States banning the Sales or importation of NEW ICE after X Year

glhs837

Power with Control
You are completely missing the point, the discussion revolved around the Impending Forced Adaptation of EV's From Federal Polices to States banning the Sales or importation of NEW ICE after X Year

Right and kept to that, I agree with them. My point was that they have a solid argument against forced adoption, but they keep tossing these inaccurate statements that make them sound ignorant. Either they cant be bothered to learn the facts, in which case they shouldn't sound off, or they are lying. You don't sway people on the fence by either action.

I admire both of those ladies as smart and tough people, and when they make statements like that it bothers me.

Hijinx

I don't believe for one moment that Geraldo has not investigated, and does not know that Democrats cheated to get Biden in office or that EV's and pushing them the way Biden is pushing them is a stupid move.
That is letting Geraldo off the hook.
Geraldo knows full well the climate hoax is BS and the cheating was real.
Geraldo has his own reasons for supporting the liberal--woke--lunacy we are getting under the Biden and Democrat regime, it keep him in a job, but saying he doesn't know better is like saying he is a moron. He knows better, he is playing his liberal audience like a record breaking fish.

CPUSA

The only Geraldo worth watching is when Greg rips him a new one.
Not true

I have that episode of Geraldo when he got his ass whooped on stage by Skinheads & Black Panthers...
I'll watch it after The Five...It tends to provide a more appropriate response to almost anything Geraldo says on there...

SamSpade

That lithium is mined in Africa and that EVs all cost 60K or more. Think I listed them in my first post....
The overwhelming portion of EVs sold in this country are Teslas. And they’re expensive.

If they’re ever going to sell Americans on the idea, they have to make them better and cheaper. Otherwise they’re going to be like the first cars were - novelty items used by the rich.

glhs837

Power with Control
The overwhelming portion of EVs sold in this country are Teslas. And they’re expensive.

If they’re ever going to sell Americans on the idea, they have to make them better and cheaper. Otherwise they’re going to be like the first cars were - novelty items used by the rich.
Model 3 is 43k base, 51k dual motor, and 54k for the Performance. Model Y is 51k, 54k, and 58k.

Since these two models make up the vast majority of Tesla's sold it's safe to say compared to most other vehicles they are not that expensive. Look up the average new vehicle purchase...

Oh, and most if not all also qualify for the 7.5k federal tax credit. Which even if you don't agree with it, I'm sure you would take it.

As for cheaper, check back in 2-3 years. The Mexico factory should be pumping out 25k Model whatever's.

Tesla alone sold 1.3 million globally in 2022. And another 400k in just the first three months of this year. Some folks are convinced already.

SamSpade

Model 3 is 43k base, 51k dual motor, and 54k for the Performance. Model Y is 51k, 54k, and 58k.

Since these two models make up the vast majority of Tesla's sold it's safe to say compared to most other vehicles they are not that expensive. Look up the average new vehicle purchase...

Oh, and most if not all also qualify for the 7.5k federal tax credit. Which even if you don't agree with it, I'm sure you would take it.

As for cheaper, check back in 2-3 years. The Mexico factory should be pumping out 25k Model whatever's.

Tesla alone sold 1.3 million globally in 2022. And another 400k in just the first three months of this year. Some folks are convinced already.
That’s wonderful. 68 million cars were sold, globally. Most people aren’t convinced.

I’ve said it plenty. Make it BETTER. “Almost” as good won’t work with me. And Geraldo effectively pointed out the most important point. Lots of very expensive cars get sold each year but your average car owner doesn’t spend that kind of cash on them.

Make it BETTER. I can go 400 miles on a tank of gas, easy, and can refuel in about two minutes. This car can and has done a lot and hasn’t given me any trouble. Not yet anyway. Persuade me. The things that make a vehicle purchase attractive to me - not seeing it.