German Shepherd

luvmygdaughters

Traveling N/B on Rt. 5 this morning, approximately 7-7:15 AM, stopping at the red light at Thompson Corner Rd. & 5. See a pick up truck with a beautiful German Shepherd in bed of it. The dog is nervously going from side to side of the truck and looks like he wants to jump out of it. I was scared to death that poor thing was going to jump out of the truck right in front of my car!! Luckily, as I approached the light, it turned green and the truck took off. I cant stand to see a dog in the bed of a moving truck with out at least being secured safely. I sure hope they made it to their destination safely.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Traveling N/B on Rt. 5 this morning, approximately 7-7:15 AM, stopping at the red light at Thompson Corner Rd. & 5. See a pick up truck with a beautiful German Shepherd in bed of it. The dog is nervously going from side to side of the truck and looks like he wants to jump out of it. I was scared to death that poor thing was going to jump out of the truck right in front of my car!! Luckily, as I approached the light, it turned green and the truck took off. I cant stand to see a dog in the bed of a moving truck with out at least being secured safely. I sure hope they made it to their destination safely.
I watched an episode of The Incredible Dr Pol and a family brought in their dog who had jumped out of the back of their truck. Not sure how but it severed its tail completely off! I own a truck and I have never thought about putting our dog (when we had one) in the back. Always rode in the cab with us.

luvmygdaughters

Now I'm wondering if I should've called the cops on the a$$hole. Is it illegal to have your pet in the bed of moving truck without being properly and safely secured?

luvmygdaughters

Unlawful for people but not for dogs IIRC. Don't know how I survived as a kid though.
LOL, that goes for me too, my uncle had a pick up and my cousins and myself would pile into the back of it and head to High's store to get ice cream!!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Unlawful for people but not for dogs IIRC. Don't know how I survived as a kid though.
I rode from Norfolk to Alexandria in the back of a pick up when coming home from college my Freshman year. 3 hours and there was probably 6 of us back there.