Girl Gifts

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Nickel said:
They sure do. :yay: You can download them directly from iTunes, or buy the conventional audiobooks and upload them to iTunes.

We love audiobooks, and they'd be perfect for the flight. I'll have to find ones she likes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Frank said:
She loves to read - but - she's read SO MUCH in the genre she likes - murder mysteries and thrillers - I'd have to get something NEW.
New books out by:
Michael Crichton (Next)
Vince Flynn (Act of Treason)
John Sandford (Dead Watch)

I love to read and everyone who knows me knows that, yet somehow they forget when it comes gift-giving time. :ohwell:

I think you should get her some books. :yay:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Ok, these have all been great - I'll try some of these but I will still need to buy ONE BIG THING as a surprise - and I'm not sure what that will be yet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Frank said:
Ok, these have all been great - I'll try some of these but I will still need to buy ONE BIG THING as a surprise - and I'm not sure what that will be yet.
Waht does she like to do? Does she cook? Play an instrument? Any hobbies?

Candle Lover

A day at the spa would be a nice gift, too. Since you don't care for gift cards, buy her some of the products at the spa and enclose the gift certificate!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
She's losing weight and she bikes. Does she have a bike computer for her rides? Check out The Bike Doctor in Waldorf for one. They usually keep track of speed, distance and if I'm not mistaken calories burned. A nice bike trainer for indoor use might be something else to investigate. The Bell motivator can be found on Amazon for $80.00, but they can get pretty expensive.

OR, to quote Ron White (of Blue Collar comedy fame) "Diamonds. That'll shut her up." :killingme:Works for me

R

remaxrealtor

Frank said:
This helps - I know she has a few girlie shows she likes but can't watch often - she used to love "McLeod's Daughters" (an Australian soap) but it's not on anymore. And I know she wants to see some movie called somebody something must die! about some guy two, three and four timing a bunch of women. Which is good, because I really don't want to see it myself.

I may have to pry about for bath type stuff - like a lot of women, there's stuff she likes - and stuff she don't.

Good ideas.
last year, husband had a tatoo designed for me, a horseshoe for the baby boy, with a rose through it. My maiden name is Rose and my Daddy passed away recently. I had it done on my lower back, very easy to cover. I am NOT a tatoo kinda girl (or so I thought) but it means the world to me!

Frank

Chairman of the Board
vraiblonde said:
Waht does she like to do? Does she cook? Play an instrument? Any hobbies?

Her two favorites are scrapbooking - and related stuff (stamping, card-making etc.) - and jewelry making. Since she likes scrapbooking, she also likes photography. These are kind of covered.

I just talked to her on the phone and - well - she says if she wants to put an ebook on her iPod, she can just download one from a CD in the library. Why didn't I think of that?

Anyway, the other ideas were very good, and I intend to use some of them.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
kom526 said:
A nice bike trainer for indoor use might be something else to investigate.

You know - I used to have one, and my best friend has one - and never uses it. I guess somehow, intuitively, people who love to ride bikes just don't want to turn it into a stationary bike.

I think I'll drop by Mike's Bikes or that place over in Solomons to check out accessories or get ideas. I was thinking either a new more comfortable seat or maybe some kind of saddle bag type attachment - but I'm not very imaginative. They may have something else that catches my eye.

BTW - Mike from Mike's Bikes was in the paper recently (I forget which one - I think the new "free" one) where he gives away holiday turkeys. I always knew he was a good guy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Frank said:
she also likes photography
David is a photography buff and he always wants a new lens for one of his cameras. Maybe something like that? A good lens is pretty expensive so that would be your big gift.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Socki, don't make me :smack: you.

But that's a good thing for Santa to bring you - keep you from getting pregnant again.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Frank said:
She also likes stamping and scrapbooking, but I did stuff for her two years ago, and her reaction was - eh. Because she had almost all of it already.

You could always get her a creative memories, or scrapbooking by the bay gift certs.. I know you dont like to do that- but that is one place that she WOULD like to spend her gift all in one place.

And if you dont have the notebook dvd yet- I got some ideas for you- on something you could do up!!!

K

Katie

terrybicycles.com

teamestrogen.com

These are a couple of good cycling websites. Terry bicycles has excellent bike seats that are female specific. Team estrogen has some great accessories for bicycling.

A bike computer is a great thing because it will tell her the speed she is going, her heartrate and so on.

Another good biking thing is a camelback(not sure if she has one) they are a way for her to carry water.

What about getting her a set of clipless pedals? Does she have those? Or a pair of sturdy bike shoes.

Not sure what she has, but I could give a huge list of biking accessories that are aftermarket.