Girl Gifts

janey83

Twenty Something
A fancy spice rack would be nice, you could ask her if she wants the bathroom/kitchen/whatever room painted and paint it for her, a DIY herb garden for the window or deck, a nice kitchenaid (well I think they're nice, anyway), an IDOG for the IPOD, a gift card to DSW and whisk her away for a day to Virginia or somewhere that has the DSW stores (she'll be in bliss for 2 hours), umm a box set cd of a favorite band or music collection, promise to make a dinner for a week.........

lushlips44

If the shoe fits....
Candle Lover said:
A day at the spa would be a nice gift, too. Since you don't care for gift cards, buy her some of the products at the spa and enclose the gift certificate!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! :yay:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Frank said:
You know - I used to have one, and my best friend has one - and never uses it. I guess somehow, intuitively, people who love to ride bikes just don't want to turn it into a stationary bike.

I think I'll drop by Mike's Bikes or that place over in Solomons to check out accessories or get ideas. I was thinking either a new more comfortable seat or maybe some kind of saddle bag type attachment - but I'm not very imaginative. They may have something else that catches my eye.

BTW - Mike from Mike's Bikes was in the paper recently (I forget which one - I think the new "free" one) where he gives away holiday turkeys. I always knew he was a good guy.

Mike is such a nice guy! I'd definitely go to him before those guys in Solomon's. Mike cares about bikes, while those guys in Solomon's just care about $$$.

Good luck finding something :huggy:

ashliekay711

Frank said:
This helps - I know she has a few girlie shows she likes but can't watch often - she used to love "McLeod's Daughters" (an Australian soap) but it's not on anymore. And I know she wants to see some movie called somebody something must die! about some guy two, three and four timing a bunch of women. Which is good, because I really don't want to see it myself.

I may have to pry about for bath type stuff - like a lot of women, there's stuff she likes - and stuff she don't.

Good ideas.

John Tucker Must Die... actually a very cute movie, my boyfriend enjoyed it too

Frank

Chairman of the Board
ashliekay711 said:
John Tucker Must Die... actually a very cute movie, my boyfriend enjoyed it too

She told me last night "I TiVo'ed it on Pay Per View, 'cause I knew you'd never watch it". Well, glad she told me. At least I got it right that she really wanted to see it.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I posted on here yesterday what she's getting - and then wisely erased it. It's just too easy to find out stuff. Last night my mom called and wanted to know what I'd like for Christmas. Bluejay said "how about a smaller wool coat to replace the oversized one from when you were big?".

I love that coat. Ok, it almost wraps around me AGAIN, but I still like it. I wore it to our first meet and greet back in about 2000.

So I added "oh you can also get me a XXXXXX" to which Bluejay loudly said "NO! Don't get that!".

So I know now what one of my gifts will be. She said "WHY did you tell her that?". I said "because she asked. What else should I tell her?".

I mean, I *ALWAYS* ask for things she can't afford first - vacation home, sports car, boat. But I never ask for "wireless access point" because she hasn't a clue what it is - I make sure it's something she can figure out. "XXXXXX" is something everyone has heard of.

Well, good. Now I will finally be able to drown out that chatterbox at work.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Hey, Frank, you mentioned that she likes to work on crafts and scrapbooking projects. Does she have a dedicated place to work on these projects? I'm thinking maybe a nice craft workstation or a really nice chair or a wonderful task light would be a nice gift for her, if you haven't already picked out Bluejay's present.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
BadGirl said:
Hey, Frank, you mentioned that she likes to work on crafts and scrapbooking projects. Does she have a dedicated place to work on these projects? I'm thinking maybe a nice craft workstation or a really nice chair or a wonderful task light would be a nice gift for her, if you haven't already picked out Bluejay's present.

Yes she does. I think that girl must have every scrapbooking doodad known to man. I did get her a Cricut template she wanted, but she knows about it. Those things are damned expensive. I almost laughed when I realized I was buying an empty box, and they had to get the real item from a locked window case.

Sooo....

Two leather coats
Cricut
XXXXXXX
Tickets to XXXXX

That should be good. *NEXT* Christmas will REALLY be fun, as it will be our son's first (we finish our adoption in about two months). He will be 2.5 then and will be just the right age for toys and Santa.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Frank said:
That should be good. *NEXT* Christmas will REALLY be fun, as it will be our son's first (we finish our adoption in about two months). He will be 2.5 then and will be just the right age for toys and Santa.

That is when the real fun will start!