Gloating

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I saw a meme posted today by a Hillary supporter (by a relative) which said we should all be tolerant of each other today, and not gloat if we won, etc.

It was a "nice", neutral meme calling on all to come together. Okay, that's fine. :rolleyes:

I know darn well that the high fives and the gloating and "we won" and thank God that HE didn't get in with his hateful, misgynistic , racist speech :blahblah: :blahblah: would have been posted alllllllll over the place.

So far, in my FB feed, I haven't seen a lot of hateful gloating on "my side". But after 8 years of this administration - I think "my side" is entitled to a little celebratory gloating. The others will have to deal with it. Go to a safe space and suck your thumbs.

I am happy with my decision and I was on that Trump train before anyone else I know. I am gonna relish watching those heads explode. :jet:

Hijinx

I saw a meme posted today by a Hillary supporter (by a relative) which said we should all be tolerant of each other today, and not gloat if we won, etc.

It was a "nice", neutral meme calling on all to come together. Okay, that's fine. :rolleyes:

I know darn well that the high fives and the gloating and "we won" and thank God that HE didn't get in with his hateful, misgynistic , racist speech :blahblah: :blahblah: would have been posted alllllllll over the place.

So far, in my FB feed, I haven't seen a lot of hateful gloating on "my side". But after 8 years of this administration - I think "my side" is entitled to a little celebratory gloating. The others will have to deal with it. Go to a safe space and suck your thumbs.

I am happy with my decision and I was on that Trump train before anyone else I know. I am gonna relish watching those heads explode. :jet:

Just glad we don't have Hillary and Bill in the WH. It wasn't a landslide to gloat about,but it was a win.
Just be happy with that.
The time to gloat will be 4 years from now if his Presidency is a success.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Very happy to rain on this parade. What you ought to be doing is starting to work on holding your boy accountable to whatever it is you think he was selling you. There's nothing to celebrate past getting the job. Your work starts now. Maybe best to focus on the friends and networks that brought the win and keep up the support and pressure on him.

:buddies:

This_person

Very happy to rain on this parade. What you ought to be doing is starting to work on holding your boy accountable to whatever it is you think he was selling you. There's nothing to celebrate past getting the job. Your work starts now. Maybe best to focus on the friends and networks that brought the win and keep up the support and pressure on him.

Agree with everything other than it being a rain on a parade. No matter who it is, this should be the way we handle it.

If I have any hope, it is that the electorate has learned exactly what you posted here.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Well, who said I wouldn't? :rolleyes:

#donthatemebecauseIcalledthisayearago

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Agree with everything other than it being a rain on a parade. No matter who it is, this should be the way we handle it.

If I have any hope, it is that the electorate has learned exactly what you posted here.

:buddies: trump gave a good victory speech. Great tone.

This_person

:buddies: trump gave a good victory speech. Great tone.

I agree. I would like to have seen him gush over Pence instead of thanking him as an afterthought, but outside of that I thought he did great. It was the right way to handle a win that was so small in popular vote after such a horribly divisive campaign season from all involved.

Hijinx

Trump should probably send a Thank You Card to Tim Kaine.
He sure did not help Hillary.

I don't know why Hillary picked him , but he was no help at all.
When a VP candidate draws a crowd of 15 at one of his rallies it says a lot.

IMO Kaine was a detriment to Hillary. I don't know how many times I saw people posting
Do you want this if something happens to Hillary?

This_person

Trump should probably send a Thank You Card to Tim Kaine.
He sure did not help Hillary.

I don't know why Hillary picked him , but he was no help at all.
When a VP candidate draws a crowd of 15 at one of his rallies it says a lot.

IMO Kaine was a detriment to Hillary. I don't know how many times I saw people posting
Do you want this if something happens to Hillary?
Kaine was impeachment insurance.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My office is 99% black and there are only about 3 of us white folks. I went to bed dreading going into to work tomorrow because it would be non-stop gloating. For the last 8 years, I have had to see pictures of the Obama family on at least half of their desks. Well, today.. you could hear a pin dropped. They are all stunned silent and I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!

Vince

If the shoe were on the other foot, do you think that Hillary supporter would be so tolerant ? Doubtful. We have all seen how tolerant they have been in the past.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My office is 99% black and there are only about 3 of us white folks. I went to bed dreading going into to work tomorrow because it would be non-stop gloating. For the last 8 years, I have had to see pictures of the Obama family on at least half of their desks. Well, today.. you could hear a pin dropped. They are all stunned silent and I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!

Good time for you to reach out to your fellow human beings.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If the shoe were on the other foot, do you think that Hillary supporter would be so tolerant ? Doubtful. We have all seen how tolerant they have been in the past.

This is talking out both sides of their face. Call for tolerance while rioting in the streets. The New Democrat, not to be confused with the Old School Democrat. I say this because I know a few, and they are nothing alike.

Hijinx

Once riots were mentioned if Trump was elected,
Not sure that is a problem.
I believe a lot of blacks listened to Trump when he said what have you got to lose.