GMP...can I say anything more?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by duzzey
Unfortunately I cannot switch to directv because my landlord had outlawed any dss dishes on his property!

Do you live in the condos?? From my understanding it is a neighborhood rule to have no dishes not just your landlord:ohwell:

duzzey

I live in a condo and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. Unless I hide a dss dish in the trash can or in my grill and snake the cable under my front door!:confused:

Warron

I had to get gmp to come out a few weeks ago because when they hooked up one of my neighbors they pulled the signal strength so low my cable modem would no longer sinc and my digital cable stopped working.

Also, I'm currently on my 3rd digital cable box. About once a year the thing just dies on me. Last time, the woman who handles the digital cable was on vacation and apparently noone else there has a clue. So after waiting a week, I just went and got a new box again.

Danzig

Call was picked up at 5min 51 sec. I asked why I have to pay $82+ for internet when EVERY other cable company does NOT make you pay for extended @ $41 I was told they HAVE TO.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

THAT IS A F*CKING BULL SH#T answer. The cable company was asked about this same thing when they went in front of the azz clowny commissioners and the Clowny commissioners gave them many more years of contract (15 years I think) THANKS YOU AZZ CLOWNS POOR EXCUSE FOR ELECTED OFFICALS for giving a suck azz business many more years to SCREW us with poor service.

I will be calling the county and find out when the next "cable committee advisory crapazz board" or what ever it is. I asked the cable company when and where to complain and they said they THINK it is the 21st of June. I will be there.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Danzig
Call was picked up at 5min 51 sec. I asked why I have to pay $82+ for internet when EVERY other cable company does NOT make you pay for extended @ $41 I was told they HAVE TO.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

THAT IS A F*CKING BULL SH#T answer. The cable company was asked about this same thing when they went in front of the azz clowny commissioners and the Clowny commissioners gave them many more years of contract (15 years I think) THANKS YOU AZZ CLOWNS POOR EXCUSE FOR ELECTED OFFICALS for giving a suck azz business many more years to SCREW us with poor service.

I will be calling the county and find out when the next "cable committee advisory crapazz board" or what ever it is. I asked the cable company when and where to complain and they said they THINK it is the 21st of June. I will be there.
Feel better?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Danzig

Meetings are held the third Monday, 5:45 p.m. in Rm. 14 of
Governmental Center, 23115 Leonard Hall Drive, Leonardtown, MD 20650

http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/voluntr/page9.asp

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
I live in a condo and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. Unless I hide a dss dish in the trash can or in my grill and snake the cable under my front door!:confused:

FCC sez that they CANNOT outlaw you having a dish...

FCC link

duzzey

I've been through this before with the fcc. I rent and therefore have no control of whst the nazi landlorf has to say. That ruling only applies if you own a home.

ylexot

Super Genius
I've been through this before with the fcc. I rent and therefore have no control of whst the nazi landlorf has to say. That ruling only applies if you own a home.
Maybe you missed this part:

"Effective January 22, 1999, the Commission amended the rule so that it also applies to rental property where the renter has an exclusive use area, such as a balcony or patio."

Danzig

Q: Does the rule apply to residents of rental property?

A: Yes. Effective January 22, 1999, renters may install antennas within their leasehold, which means inside the dwelling or on outdoor areas that are part of the tenant's leased space and which are under the exclusive use or control of the tenant. Typically, for apartments, these areas include balconies, balcony railings, and terraces. For rented single family homes or manufactured homes which sit on rented property, these areas include the home itself and patios, yards, gardens or other similar areas. If renters do not have access to these outside areas, the tenant may install the antenna inside the rental unit. Renters are not required to obtain the consent of the landlord prior to installing an antenna in these areas. The rule does not apply to common areas, such as the roof or the exterior walls of an apartment building. Generally, balconies or patios that are shared with other people or are accessible from other units are not considered to be exclusive use areas.

Q: Are there restrictions that may be placed on residents of rental property?

A: Yes. A restriction necessary to prevent damage to leased property may be reasonable. For example, tenants could be prohibited from drilling holes through exterior walls or through the roof. However, a restriction designed to prevent ordinary wear and tear (e.g., marks, scratches, and minor damage to carpets, walls and draperies) would likely not be reasonable provided the antenna is installed wholly within the antenna user's own exclusive use area.

In addition, rental property is subject to the same protection and exceptions to the rule as owned property. Thus, a landlord may impose other types of restrictions that do not impair installation, maintenance or use under the rule. The landlord may also impose restrictions necessary for safety or historic preservation.

duzzey

ok. What if my exclusive use area is open to the parking area. Isn't this area accessable to others and therefore public use?

duzzey

To quote danzigs post:

"The rule does not apply to common areas, such as the roof or the exterior walls of an apartment building. Generally, balconies or patios that are shared with other people or are accessible from other units are not considered to be exclusive use areas."

I do not have a balcony, and the only other way to get the signal is to attach it to the side of the building (which the landlord says no) or in my non-existent exclusive use area.