Go redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They need to get RG to start running the ball again.

The Redskins were a 4-12 team before he got here, prone to making poor and/or odd decisions in terms of leadership and personnel, time and time again.

Him running is the quickest way to wasting the draft picks it took to get him.

Dallas had three starters gone from their D line and Robert was running for his life as it was.

Our skill people don't stack up all that well to anyone, rather middle of the road.

Good players but, no Wes Welker, no Dez Bryant, no pro bowl caliber studs.

Haslet has not forced his way into any D coach of the year conversations since he got here and we're still marginal, at best, in terms of running a 3-4 because we still don't have the 5-6 solid LB's you need to make it work AND our best one is 38 and clearly lost a step.

The father/son thing on the other side is just another novelty thing we do around here.

And our special teams were nothing special well before our 'teams' coach got called for a penalty.

Last year was pretty magical and we probably should have beaten Seattle in the playoffs but, this year, man, we started off like we are no where near ready and are just now, five games in, showing some decent signs here and there.

Now comes Chicago and then Denver.

Great season to change the name.

The Sequesters.

Some of it works, taking in money, some of it doesn't, what we do with it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Break a leg!

I'd be happy with that! They heal. He's at two major knee operations in his adult life, college and now. In his second pro season. In a game that a 4 year career is the norm, it's awfully tough to see RGIII as a top quarterback 5 years from now, let alone 10. Or, coming into a sublime season as Peyton is at, what, year 15 or whatever it is?

Brutal game and it is particularly harsh on running QB's. Vick, a guy much more compact and not so gangly vulnerable as Robert, is hurt, again.

Tough business.

Grumpy

I'd be happy with that! They heal. He's at two major knee operations in his adult life, college and now. In his second pro season. In a game that a 4 year career is the norm, it's awfully tough to see RGIII as a top quarterback 5 years from now, let alone 10. Or, coming into a sublime season as Peyton is at, what, year 15 or whatever it is?

Brutal game and it is particularly harsh on running QB's. Vick, a guy much more compact and not so gangly vulnerable as Robert, is hurt, again.

Tough business.

And Shanny saw that RGIII does not have a football body, he's a shooting star and thats why they drafted Cousins. RGIII, at this time, is all about putting butts in the seats.

Pete

Repete
For me the tell was when RGIII ran out of bounds in the second quarter and when he approached the sidelines and the DB he leaped in the air slightly when he anticipated the hit. He wanted his feet off the ground to prevent torque on the knee. He is scared.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
For me the tell was when RGIII ran out of bounds in the second quarter and when he approached the sidelines and the DB he leaped in the air slightly when he anticipated the hit. He wanted his feet off the ground to prevent torque on the knee. He is scared.

Interesting! When I saw that I was thinking "He IS healing! He's got a little hop back in his step!"

Do we agree he looked a lot less jumpy in the pocket or no?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And Shanny saw that RGIII does not have a football body, he's a shooting star and thats why they drafted Cousins. RGIII, at this time, is all about putting butts in the seats.

I think that is unfair and misleading and is not the sort of comment a TRUE Redskins fan would make.

It presumes we would do ANYTHING that ISN'T about sales and marketing. :lol:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Interesting! When I saw that I was thinking "He IS healing! He's got a little hop back in his step!"

I agree with Pete.

Pete

Repete

Not sure I do but how can you tell? I believe he is healing and getting slightly more brave - or - he has to because he has about 1.1 seconds in "the pocket" before every player on the op's d- line is trying to twist his legs off. I am not sure it is "feeling better about running" or more along the lines of "get the #### out of here so they don't twist me apart".

I think they all know that bad crap happens when the pocket collapses other than a sack and lost yards. It is where legs get Theisman'd, ankles get Schaub'd and knees get RGIII'd. Instead of getting joints bend in directions they arent supposed to go in a pile of 350 pound DL-men he feels safer one on one with a clean tackle in the open field.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not sure I do but how can you tell? .

Oh, not arguing one way or the other. Just thought your observation of the exact same thing was interesting. I could see it either way but, at the time, I took it as a little jump, a little pop in his step, not concern.

He was also planting his front foot more assertively on some passes. Even got down and slid that one time instead of going for the car crash. :lol:

In any event, he seems to be looking better out there and I figure another month or so and he will be ready for week 1.
:lol:

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
I try to keep it shorter than crap like this:

The Redskins were a 4-12 team before he got here, prone to making poor and/or odd decisions in terms of leadership and personnel, time and time again.

Him running is the quickest way to wasting the draft picks it took to get him.

Dallas had three starters gone from their D line and Robert was running for his life as it was.

Our skill people don't stack up all that well to anyone, rather middle of the road.

Good players but, no Wes Welker, no Dez Bryant, no pro bowl caliber studs.

Haslet has not forced his way into any D coach of the year conversations since he got here and we're still marginal, at best, in terms of running a 3-4 because we still don't have the 5-6 solid LB's you need to make it work AND our best one is 38 and clearly lost a step.

The father/son thing on the other side is just another novelty thing we do around here.

And our special teams were nothing special well before our 'teams' coach got called for a penalty.

Last year was pretty magical and we probably should have beaten Seattle in the playoffs but, this year, man, we started off like we are no where near ready and are just now, five games in, showing some decent signs here and there.

Now comes Chicago and then Denver.

Great season to change the name.

The Sequesters.

Some of it works, taking in money, some of it doesn't, what we do with it.

:strangle:

Pete

Repete
Oh, not arguing one way or the other. Just thought your observation of the exact same thing was interesting. I could see it either way but, at the time, I took it as a little jump, a little pop in his step, not concern.

He was also planting his front foot more assertively on some passes. Even got down and slid that one time instead of going for the car crash. :lol:

In any event, he seems to be looking better out there and I figure another month or so and he will be ready for week 1.
:lol:

He was but he is "hoppy" unlike last year when he would throw or bail. His pick was almost a blind desperation throw. He was dancing around too much and got caught in the wash.