God made her do it.......

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
Let's think about this for a minute:

How do you all know God didn't tell her to keep going?

If you believe in God and you pray, thinking God speaks to you, then how do you know he wasn't speaking to her, too? Because JPC is correct - Jesus would have had a mug shot if they'd done that back then.

And many modern men who have proclaimed to be the next Messiah have mugshots as well. How do we know they're not? After all, it's not like Jesus was welcomed by the government with open arms.

And Vrai. :smack: Shame on you. Not all us christians are nutjobs. I talk to God; I NEVER claimed he talked back! :yay:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
JPC said:
:jameo: FYI, In the Bible Jesus (Yesu) never really said those words above from Luke 23:34 but the words were added by Luke and maybe Luke thought that Christ said that phrase but it is very unlikely since Christ gave out forgiveness for free and not because of people being ignorant and did not know what they were doing. And considering that they hung him out on a cross to die then it is reasonable that even a nit-wit soldier would know what they were doing. ...
And you know this because you were there? Or because you believe the junk from a bunch of misguided people that choose to not believe in the Bible because it does not really fit their life style.

JPC, Sr. is telling falsehoods again and demonstrating his lack of understanding of what Jesus (Y'shua) was saying. Of course the soldiers knew they were killing someone. They did not know that they were killing God come as man nor did they know that they were instrumental in accomplishing God's plan of salvation. I am reasonably sure JPC,Sr. won't get this, but I hope this clears it up for those with reasonable cognitive abilities.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
slotted said:
If Jesus existed, I don't think he spoke the King's English. :rolleyes:
Y'shua is a historical fact. The point of contention is whether He is the Son of God or not. I know He is. You don't even think there was such a person. History is your friend.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
God speaks to me. Sorry about you Pixie. He has never told me to violate the law. Everything He has told me has had to do with me and Him or the church.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Let's think about this for a minute:

How do you all know God didn't tell her to keep going?

If you believe in God and you pray, thinking God speaks to you, then how do you know he wasn't speaking to her, too? Because JPC is correct - Jesus would have had a mug shot if they'd done that back then.

And many modern men who have proclaimed to be the next Messiah have mugshots as well. How do we know they're not? After all, it's not like Jesus was welcomed by the government with open arms.
When the Messiah comes again, all the earth will know.
Luke 17:22-37

22And He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.

23"They will say to you, 'Look there! Look here!' Do not go away, and do not run after them.

24"For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day.

25"But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

26"And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:

27they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

28"It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building;

29but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

30"It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.

31"On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back.

32"Remember Lot's wife.

33"Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

34"I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left.

35"There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left.

36["Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left."]

37And answering they said to Him, "Where, Lord?" And He said to them, "Where the body is, there also the vultures will be gathered."

J

JPC, Sr.

Faith Without Works is Dead.

vraiblonde said:
Because we certainly hope Jesus has better things to do than drive your car for you. :yay:
:popcorn: I agree with the quote above but I would add that the point of it is that not God nor Jesus takes the wheel from anybody. We are expected to move the mountains ourselves and we are to take up our own cross. Yes God does help people and still does miracles but we do our own driving. God gives directions and commandments and gives opportunities but we must give the belief and we must do the walking in faith. Jesus does not drive a car and Jesus does not run a person's life either and the Bible never says He would. That is what deamons do - they take over control of the person. Truth sets us free. Free to crash, free to die, or free to rise from the dead and to live free, BUT, if one is driving a car then hold onto the wheel.