Good news...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
We sold our house! We just ratified the contract and are all set. The kicker, however, is that they need a settlement date of August 27th. :ohwell: This means we'll have to move 2x, which eats it! Thankfully we can stay with my parents during the transition, but will have to load a U-Haul, unload at a storage joint, find a house and settle, load the U-Haul, and unload at the new house. This puts a wrench in my plans since we'd planned to hire movers this time, but hell...we're just happy as heck to have sold the house and are on our way to where we want to be!

Guess I need to start collecting banana boxes ASAP!!!!!!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Good for ya! :cheers:

Can't you still have the movers box it up and hold it in their storage?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Sharon
Good for ya! :cheers:

Can't you still have the movers box it up and hold it in their storage?

We were going to box it up and just have them move it all. :ohwell: We wanted to get a POD thing, but they don't come to this area.

Hey - what's the name of the storage joint that's just off of Indian Bridge Road?

D

dems4me

Originally posted by CMC122
There was someone giving moving boxes away in the freebies section.

Ahaaa!!!! so you're the one scooping up all the freebies before I get in to work in the mornings!!!:really:

:lol:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Congrats, PF! :clap:

I am in the same boat with having to move twice, and yes, it does thoroughly suck. I have two settlements on the same day, an hour apart.

My move will be completed on the 18th, I believe, and I should have boxes for your use if you need them.

FYI. One thing that I've been using a lot of is the large plastic crates. WalMart, KMart, Target and Lowes have them on sale, and I've bought and packed up probably 65 of the suckers. The cheapest I've seen is $2.25 per box, and you have the assurance of knowing that the box won't easily break, and the contents are reasonably watersafe.

PM me if you need boxes. -- BG

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by BadGirl
PM me if you need boxes. -- BG

Thanks! D picked up quite a few today from Giant and Food Lion, but I know we'll need more. If the supply gets low I'll write!

Oh - and if your settlements are on the same day, how come you end up moving twice? It does eat it, eh!? :frown:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Lauren

Originally posted by amethyst_babes
Are you moving? Didn't you just buy your house? I haven't talked to you forever, where are you going?

Hey! We've been here a year, but now that we work closer it only makes sense to St. Mary's. So...we're rollin' out!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by ememdee19
Congrats!:clap:

Now comes the crappy part...Gawd, I hate moving!

Oh I know!! We got SOOOOOOOO much accomplished today!! The garage is all packed, as is everything from the shed. D got tons of boxes from the grocery store and tomorrow I continue. We settle on August 27th, but I can't see moving during the week so we're going to do it on the 21st or 22nd. That's only 2 weeks away, and I have a lot going on between now and then so packing will have to occur a little here and there during those 2 weeks.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by PFgal
Oh I know!! We got SOOOOOOOO much accomplished today!! The garage is all packed, as is everything from the shed. D got tons of boxes from the grocery store and tomorrow I continue. We settle on August 27th, but I can't see moving during the week so we're going to do it on the 21st or 22nd. That's only 2 weeks away, and I have a lot going on between now and then so packing will have to be here and there during those 2 weeks.

Hey - at least you guys have started. We haven't done a dayum thing and the movers will be here on the 12th!:ohwell:

Though we don't have as much to do as you, I still have to pack all of our valuables, pictures (tons of 'em), important docs, and misc. household items we'll need once we get there.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by ememdee19
Hey - at least you guys have started. We haven't done a dayum thing and the movers will be here on the 12th!:ohwell:

Though we don't have as much to do as you, I still have to pack all of our valuables, pictures (tons of 'em), important docs, and misc. household items we'll need once we get there.

From NE to where?? I forget!