Goodbye old friend...

General Lee

When I was giving him insulin shots daily everyone thought I was crazy but I just wasn't able to let him go yet. When he didn't respond to the treatment and stopped eating and drinking I had to do the right thing, he was looking miserable and I couldn't let it drag out any longer.

I know exactly what you mean. For 5 months straight, I gave my cat sub Q fluids (IV under the skin) daily at home because she was battling CRF (Renal failure). That on top of other meds as well.

I am sorry for your loss.

J

jaybeeztoo

When I was giving him insulin shots daily everyone thought I was crazy but I just wasn't able to let him go yet. When he didn't respond to the treatment and stopped eating and drinking I had to do the right thing, he was looking miserable and I couldn't let it drag out any longer. I still cry at the memory of our last few moments together, God I loved that cat.

I did his scrapbook pages late at night when the hubby and kids couldn't see me weeping like a child at the loss...

View attachment 67313

I'm still searching for the right monument to mark his grave.

:ohwell: This is very sad. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. It hurts!!!

luvscats

In the past, I too have lost wonderful friends. I know how deeply it hurts. It is incredible how much they give us and ask for so little in return. I am really sorry for your loss.