Got the rona, here's what it feels like

ontheriver

It feels like regular flu, not as bad as other flus I've had where I just wanted to lay in bed and moan. No fever or respiratory issues, just body ache, fatigue, and no smell/taste. That last part is really annoying because I'd just gotten a wonderful strawberry chocolate coffee and I can't really enjoy it.

I haven't been to the doctor or gotten a test, but I know that's what it is because Monello is positive for it. I'm treating it like a normal flu - rest, liquids, aspirin - which is what the doctor would recommend. I'm staying away from other people, which I'd do even if I just had a cold, and taking basic hygiene precautions (that I do anyway).

The gods finally smited me. Feel free to say HA HA as amuses you. :lol:

What's weird is that for the last year and a half restaurants/etc have been setting up temperature takers in their entrances - if you have a fever, no soup for you. Yet here I am with no fever or any other outward sign of illness. I could pass all their tests and waltz right in anywhere. Which, in my mind, reiterates what some of us have been saying all along: don't depend on others to keep you healthy. If you fear any illness because of pre-existing conditions or compromised immune system, it's up to you to take your own precautions and be responsible for your own well-being.

So now you have natural immunity..... yeah baby!

ontheriver

Thanks!

But yes, I think the reaction to this flu is a hoax. I mean, it's the flu. People have been getting the flu since people were invented - they took a sick day or two and laid on the couch watching The Price is Right.

:sshrug:

What REALLY bothers me is knowing/believing that our (taxpayers) money was used by our government to further this disaster. For years.

PeoplesElbow

Not to reply for Vrai.... but the virus wasn't/isn't a hoax,; the hype certainly was. IMO it was a bio weapon released by China to further the downfall of our freedoms, and prop up all the BS that ensued. The timing was just too perfect. Change my mind... I dare you to try.
I think governments knew it and the reaction being so extreme was because they knew it was an intended weapon.

mitzi

Thanks!

But yes, I think the reaction to this flu is a hoax. I mean, it's the flu. People have been getting the flu since people were invented - they took a sick day or two and laid on the couch watching The Price is Right.

:sshrug:

You know I don't agree, so we'll leave it at that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thinking more like an incomplete one.

See, and if I were Lex Luthor or Simon Barsinister bent on world domination I'd be paying attention to the sociological aspects of all this. Forget covid, the real virus is our own human behavior and how easily we're manipulated. That will be our downfall.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Still no smell/taste - that is the most annoying part of this whole thing. I'm hungry and dreaming of cheeseburgers and tacos, but nothing tastes like anything so there's no point in eating it. Inside my nose smells faintly like PlayDoh and my mouth tastes like a stale ashtray even though I haven't smoked in over a week. I can taste sweet and sour, but not what it is. Like, I can tell the jello I'm eating is sweet but not that it's strawberry.

I'm at the grouchy stage of the recovery process. :mad:

But the good news is that it's unlikely I'll take up smoking again because the thought of it is nauseating. So anyone who tells you that nicotine is just as addictive as heroin, punch that dummy right in the head because they're lying.