Got the rona, here's what it feels like

rio

Had the Rona 2021 early April. Used to love cilantro, it still smells and tastes awful.
My daughter that had it in March 2021says garlic still doesn't smell or taste right, but everything else is mostly back to normal taste and smell.

PJay

I could smell Monello baking cookies.

Cookies....?

Destroy Sesame Street GIF by Rachael Ray Show

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I must've picked something up at the hospital when I took Mommy Dearest over. I had a fever of 101° yesterday and felt like crap. Temp has been hovering around 99° today, but just hit 100°. Vomited once around noon yesterday right after chugging a big glass of water. I won't do that again. I did manage to eat 6 saltines yesterday evening and they stayed down. I had a rapid test that the pharmacy gave MD, but I gave that to my son because he had a fever. He was negative. Yesterday was spent mostly in bed. I slept pretty much all day yesterday and through the night. I've been up around 4 hours today, but the bed is calling me back. I managed to keep morning medicines down and almost finished a cup of coffee. I have no appetite whatsoever. I'm hoping and praying the worst is over.

PJay

If you're not sick going in, you'll be sick coming out. Is why I hate going to the doctor or a hospital. I don't think they clean the places very well. I've seen cleaners today use the same rag to clean everything in the bathrooms. I said something once Me: "you're using the same rag you clean toilet with to clean sink?!" Them: The Look. Grr

TPD

the poor dad
I’ve had a head cold for the last 3 weeks. Just can’t shake it. Maybe I could if I just stayed home a couple days to rest but I got work to do - no time to stay in bed.

mitzi

I must've picked something up at the hospital when I took Mommy Dearest over. I had a fever of 101° yesterday and felt like crap. Temp has been hovering around 99° today, but just hit 100°. Vomited once around noon yesterday right after chugging a big glass of water. I won't do that again. I did manage to eat 6 saltines yesterday evening and they stayed down. I had a rapid test that the pharmacy gave MD, but I gave that to my son because he had a fever. He was negative. Yesterday was spent mostly in bed. I slept pretty much all day yesterday and through the night. I've been up around 4 hours today, but the bed is calling me back. I managed to keep morning medicines down and almost finished a cup of coffee. I have no appetite whatsoever. I'm hoping and praying the worst is over.

Hope you feel better soon!

rio

There is some kind of stomach bug with fever that's been going around in the schools, but much to everyone's dismay, it wasn't the rona. Most people have been over it and fine in about 2 days. Hope it's that way for you!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I’ve had a head cold for the last 3 weeks. Just can’t shake it. Maybe I could if I just stayed home a couple days to rest but I got work to do - no time to stay in bed.
A head cold or allergies I can deal with, but a fever does me in. :dead:

I've been needing to drop a few pounds so maybe it's not such a bad thing. I had 6 saltines for supper last night. Hopefully I can do the same tonight and keep them down. :yay:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
There is some kind of stomach bug with fever that's been going around in the schools, but much to everyone's dismay, it wasn't the rona. Most people have been over it and fine in about 2 days. Hope it's that way for you!
Thank you. I guess it couldn't happen at a better time. They're keeping Mommy Dearest in the hospital for pneumonia. I don't think I'd be much good to her at home. If it is a 2 day thing, I should know tomorrow!
:getdown:

NextJen

Raisin cane
There is some kind of stomach bug with fever that's been going around in the schools, but much to everyone's dismay, it wasn't the rona. Most people have been over it and fine in about 2 days.
I had something last week. Thought it was food poisoning from eating bad sushi, but I’ve been hearing of a lot of folks having some sort of stomach bug. Mine started late Monday evening with the runs. Had that all day Tuesday and by Wednesday afternoon I was running a fever (101.4) and had body aches. Woke up Thursday morning and felt a lot better - fever was gone. Took it easy all day Thursday and Friday. Not sure what it was I had.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ok, I don't feel so alone! I wasn't going to mention it because I was sure someone would turn me in to the Covid Patrol! :lol:

Hit me in the middle of the day while I was working, a sudden scratchy throat. I thought I just got a lungful of sawdust from some oak I was cutting. That was 2 days ago. Brief fever, body aches, lethargy, stuffed head, achy gut. Much better today.

TPD

the poor dad
Ok, I don't feel so alone! I wasn't going to mention it because I was sure someone would turn me in to the Covid Patrol! :lol:

Hit me in the middle of the day while I was working, a sudden scratchy throat. I thought I just got a lungful of sawdust from some oak I was cutting. That was 2 days ago. Brief fever, body aches, lethargy, stuffed head, achy gut. Much better today.
That’s how mine started 3 weeks ago except for the achy gut. Today I still have a nagging cough and stuffy head.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I hit 101° again at 5:00 so I laid down with an ice pack (frozen lima beans in a towel :lol:) and got up at 9:00 to 97.9°, just .2° above my normal. Oh, and I'm finally feeling hungry. :yahoo:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
"Protip" - if you're gonna test for the 'Rona - wait 5 days after the symptoms started. Most of the time, it won't show up too soon. The latest strain(s) do involve some gastro issues. The fever is optional but seems to be a thing with some people.

Good luck - hope you feel better soon! If you can get someone to pick something up for you - that Liquid IV works really well for keeping you hydrated. If you get the packets, then you don't have to waste a lot when you open it. (small sips!!)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had something last week. Thought it was food poisoning from eating bad sushi, but I’ve been hearing of a lot of folks having some sort of stomach bug. Mine started late Monday evening with the runs. Had that all day Tuesday and by Wednesday afternoon I was running a fever (101.4) and had body aches. Woke up Thursday morning and felt a lot better - fever was gone. Took it easy all day Thursday and Friday. Not sure what it was I had.
The stomach thing went thru at work and I was fine from that. Then, I had a sinus thing for a few days - which is not unusal since I have at least 1 a year. I was off of work anyway for a week, so I was not around anyone. It was short-lived, and Rona free. Then I got back to work and about 3 of the staff were out with the Rona. (so they say)

Still no Rona.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
"Protip" - if you're gonna test for the 'Rona - wait 5 days after the symptoms started. Most of the time, it won't show up too soon. The latest strain(s) do involve some gastro issues. The fever is optional but seems to be a thing with some people.

Good luck - hope you feel better soon! If you can get someone to pick something up for you - that Liquid IV works really well for keeping you hydrated. If you get the packets, then you don't have to waste a lot when you open it. (small sips!!)
Thanks, but I don't plan to be tested. I've been exposed several times and didn't contract it. I guess something in my past must've bolstered my immune system. I actually feel great except for sore neck muscles. The little congestion I had, seems to be gone with the fever. I've been sipping water constantly since my one instance of vomiting. If I get dehydrated, my legs cramp up to let me know.