Gots Troubles at Quiet Valley

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Yesterday hubby was helping a friend load up some telephone poles, and the last one came off the forks. He tried to "catch" it with his upper body and head. It broke his right shoulder, collar bone and has multiple contusions on his head/face. Doc was shocked his skull isn't fractured (or was killed!!). The goose egg on his head is as big as my hand. i'm taking him to the ortho doc today, he'll need surgery to fix his shoulder and will be out of commission for a quite while, but he's lucky to be alive. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He has to teach me to use the tractor and we have a huge load of hay to get off the trailer <sigh> poor guy.

M

Mousebaby

Oh thank God he was not hurt worse than he was! Thoughts and prayers to you and your hubby and I hope he makes a speedy recovery! :huggy: :flowers:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
not sure if this is damn the bad luck or the good luck:confused:
good thoughts for you and your hubby

I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like that thread about the dog that got hit so hard by the car he got lodged underneath the grill.

Glad that your hubby is ok and good luck with the tractor. :lol:

Yesterday hubby was helping a friend load up some telephone poles, and the last one came off the forks. He tried to "catch" it with his upper body and head. It broke his right shoulder, collar bone and has multiple contusions on his head/face. Doc was shocked his skull isn't fractured (or was killed!!). The goose egg on his head is as big as my hand. i'm taking him to the ortho doc today, he'll need surgery to fix his shoulder and will be out of commission for a quite while, but he's lucky to be alive. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He has to teach me to use the tractor and we have a huge load of hay to get off the trailer <sigh> poor guy.
ouch!
:poorbaby:

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
So sorry your hubby got hurt, hope he recoups fast. :huggy: Tractor driving is fun, you'll pick it up quickly and like it too.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
attempting to catch a falling telephone pole...thats Rottencop for ya. All of our thoughts and prayers are on him now!! Call me if you need any help as I have recently mastered moving rounds with the spear:smoochy:

thebird

Thank God he's still around to tell the story! Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers...I know it'll be rough on you picking up the pace as well :)

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Wow! Thank goodness everythings "fixable" and our best riding weather is behind us for the year! If you need anything call us or Tim... Hope RC's recovery is speedy!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Thank you all who have sent well wishes! After some investigative work, it appears the fellow actually dropped the phone pole onto my poor hubby. The ER doc says he's never seen a lump on someone's head so large and not have a skull fracture, but there wasn't any bleeding inside his skull, only outside according to the CT Scan. One time that thick skull of his was a good thing. ;-)
He saw the ortho doc today. Doc is "fairly certain" he'll need surgery to repair the AC joint and collarbone fractures and surrounding ligament tears, due to the amount of displacement (over 2" separation!), the MRI tomorrow will confirm all that needs repairing.
So keep your fingers crossed. He wouldn't let me drive the tractor today, he said he felt well once the doc put the immobilizer on him. He's like the energizer bunny!

I

Inkpen

Wow..he is lucky to be alive!!!

Shoulder trauma sucks...tell him not to rush it and to follow Docs orders!
I have some spare time and can help with hay..cant drive a tractor, but can lift and toss a bale or 2 or 3 or 4....Happy to help!:howdy:

Speedy recovery for Hubby!!!!:buddies: :flowers: