Gout

Nanny Pam

Any one have it?

I think I do. (self diagnosed)

Left foot, hot & swollen, especially near toes.
First 2 toes feel broken.
It's really hurting!! :bawl: I can't hardly walk.

If you have it, how are you treating it? Thanks for your help.

Any one have it?

My dad gets it, similar to what you are describing. Triggered by high acid levels (can't remember which one), eating alot of shellfish can trigger it.

Diet change and getting off of it helps.

Any one have it?

If you don't have an official diagnosis from a medical professional, you really should see a doctor. If you have an infection, and let it go thinking it's something else, you could end up having to get your foot amputated within a matter of days. Seriously.

Nanny Pam

My dad gets it, similar to what you are describing. Triggered by high acid levels (can't remember which one), eating alot of shellfish can trigger it.

I ate a case of oranges in 3 days. That's high acid. :yikes:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

My ex-father-in-law has it but I never knew this triggered it. Good info. to have. Thanks . I also never knew it could be this serious so thanks to you too, kwillia! I am going to call my ex-mother-in-law and see if she knows about these triggers.

vbailey

vbailey
Just be careful, if you get a sore, like a spider bite or boil like thing, go right away to doc....I had MRSSA a little over a yr ago....very, very painful, but it was a sore, I thought it was a spider bite at first. I would go to doc any way I think if I were you, swelling in itself has to mean something is not right. Hope you feel better real soon.

R

RadioPatrol

Uric Acid = blood test can verify , diet modification can help, my doc said high amounts of Protein from beef :confused: i was not eating that much beef, in the end I am on Allurinol to moderate the Uric Acid levels ........ flair ups can be treated with Colchasine? a not so nice drug ( I know they all have scary side effects ) ....... also drinking lits of water - daily recommended is 64 oz :faint: I'd be in the bathroom all day -

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Any one have it?

indomethacin . (Indocin) It is a anti-inflamatory. I take it when I have a attack of gout.

Gout is the 'rich man's disease'. Shell fish, rare beef, rich foods etc raise your level of uric acid. I'm sure the yummy oranges didn't help any!