Gout

Nanny Pam

Called the Doc. She's not in today, so I have to go on Monday.

The heat coming from my foot is amazing. My toes look like fat little pigs! :lol:

I soaked it in Epsom salt and hot water after dinner.

Hubby gave me a Vicodin (sp).
:shrug:
We'll see .....

Thanks everyone for your input!
XOXOXOX

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

The heat coming from my foot is amazing. My toes look like fat little pigs! :lol:

We'll see .....

XOXOXOX

I think maybe if it keeps bothering you, you may want to go to an oupatient place tomorrow. Why wait until Monday?

meangirl

Nice lady!

We'll see .....

XOXOXOX

That'll definitely help for the night. :lol:
Hope you feel better soon NP! :huggy:

Nanny Pam

Any one have it?

I think I do. (self diagnosed)

Left foot, hot & swollen, especially near toes.
First 2 toes feel broken.
It's really hurting!! :bawl: I can't hardly walk.

If you have it, how are you treating it? Thanks for your help.

Just got home from Hospital. It is definately Gout. Blood work confirmed it.

Prescriptions for Vicodin and something to take the swelling out. :yay:
I must sit with my foot elevated (in my recliner) for at least 48 hours. (and watch football)

I am feeling no pain at this time. I am now moving my ass into the family room to watch football.

Peace!
Out!

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Gout? That always strikes me as an affliction people only got hundreds of years ago in books. Like goiter, dropsy, and pleurisy. I actually sneezed myself into a case of pleurisy when I was preggo during allergy season! Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:

Pandora

I must sit with my foot elevated (in my recliner) for at least 48 hours. (and watch football)

I am feeling no pain at this time. I am now moving my ass into the family room to watch football.

Peace!
Out!

Hope you feel better! :smoochy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Peace!
Out!

I'm surprised, with the swelling was going to tell you it wasn't gout..

I suffer from gout (going to be suffering from it on Monday- I like Oysters), and I've never noticed ANY swelling just excrutiating pain.

Feels like my foot is broke, but no sign of any damage. Got so bad one time I had to sideline the bike, foot got too sore to shift.

surfer1

Glad you got treatment! Did the docs tell you that there can be a familial tendency with gout and kidney stones? Good luck to you! Hope you are feeling better soon!

J

jaybeeztoo

Ex used to get it bad in his big toe. It would swell up the size of a tennis ball and turn all purple and blue. Along with the medicine, he started eating lots of cherries. They are supposed to help break down the acid as well.

No beer, red meat, shellfish, brains...I can't remember the rest.

I hope you feel better NP. :huggy:

Pete

Repete

Peace!
Out!
If I ever get married again I am going to remember this gout thing. 48 hours in the recliner! Feet elevatated! Sounds great!

Nanny Pam

I'm surprised, with the swelling was going to tell you it wasn't gout..

I suffer from gout (going to be suffering from it on Monday- I like Oysters), and I've never noticed ANY swelling just excrutiating pain.

Feels like my foot is broke, but no sign of any damage. Got so bad one time I had to sideline the bike, foot got too sore to shift.

No way! :faint:

Yes...it really hurts. Not as bad as shingles, though.

ImnoMensa

Most people get gout in the feet, but it can come in the thumb and even the ears.

I have found that it dosnt go away without treatment . I have tried to wait it out with aspirin and tylenol, but it doesnt work.

I have had to sleep with my foot out of the sheets because the weight of the sheet hurts so bad.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Gout? That always strikes me as an affliction people only got hundreds of years ago in books. Like goiter, dropsy, and pleurisy. I actually sneezed myself into a case of pleurisy when I was preggo during allergy season! Hope you feel better soon.

Gout use to be referred to as "a rich persons disease" or “disease of kings and queens” :diva:

R

Roxy1104

Any one have it?

I've had this twice. The first time I was misdiagnosed by a podiatrist and ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks because it got infected and they had to do a bone scan because if the infection got into the bone, they were going to amputate my foot. I was lucky that didn't happen. You need medical treatment, this will not go away on its own.

Nanny Pam

Any one have it?

The gout wasn't getting better, so I went back to the Doc, who ordered an MRI of the left foot. Well....I just got back home and Guess what?
The 2nd & 3rd toes ARE broken.
Who'd guess I could get 2 broken toes in the same foot as I got the gout?

I'm so lucky. :rolleyes:
:lmao:

Cowgirl

The gout wasn't getting better, so I went back to the Doc, who ordered an MRI of the left foot. Well....I just got back home and Guess what?
The 2nd & 3rd toes ARE broken.
Who'd guess I could get 2 broken toes in the same foot as I got the gout?

I'm so lucky. :rolleyes:
:lmao:

How did you break your toes? Hope you feel better soon! :huggy:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Don't have gout, never had gout, and don't know how to help you, NP. :flowers:

But, I did have a co-worker whose hubby had it. She'd always tell us when his "grouch" was acting up. :killingme

That is all.