Great Editorial

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Beaky said:
The estranged husband has said that upon Terri's death, he plans to marry his live-in fiance, Jodi Centonze, with whom he has two children.
That's your beef? His "wife" has been dead for 15 years, the shell was kept functioning by artificial means which ment he was still legally married to her. Kind of hard to marry someboy when you're already married.

Beaky

Beaky
"He has gone through an excrutiating process of the death of the wife he loves very much," stated Felos.

As he goes home to his live in and kids. Please.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Hey, Beaky. Are you one of those fanatics that thinks people should live regardless of their quality of life, or lack there of?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Beaky said:
Virtually all other eyewitnesses described her as "gaunt," "drawn," "struggling" and "fighting like hell" for life.
Well duhh, you don't eat for 2 weeks and that's what happens. As far as "Fighting for life" that's was a wishful opinion. How would you know if she was or wasn't?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No kidding?

Beaky said:
The estranged husband has said that upon Terri's death, he plans to marry his live-in fiance, Jodi Centonze, with whom he has two children.

You have a problem with that or was he suppossed to wave ballons in Terri's face with mom until the end of time?

If you've followed this story in search of the facts you know that Michael did everything that could be done for Terri the first few years and even moved her folks in with them to help care for her. Common sense tells you that at some point they likely talked about the future and if and when to let Terri go.

So, the time comes, he intends to honor his wifes wishes, the in laws try every dirty trick they can think of, out of the blue accussing him of even murder and the courts, time and again tell them the are wrong. They have no case. Appeal. Sorry. No your honor, we REALLY want to appeal. Fine. Still sorry.

Sad. Sorry. Husband says she'd not wish to stay this way. NO reason to not believe him.

END OF STORY.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have to hand it to Mr Schiavo for staying married to her all this time. Figured if he was as bad a person as they make him out to be he would have cut and run 14 1/2 years ago.

He stayed by her side and fought for what she wanted for FIFTEEN years.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Beaky, tell the truth. You're an MPD trying to build your post count, aren't you?

Beaky

Beaky
There was a conflict of interest, he was in love with another woman. He should not have been able to decide her fate. He never mentioned her wish to die in any of the court transcripts.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Beaky said:
There was a conflict of interest, he was in love with another woman. He should not have been able to decide her fate. He never mentioned her wish to die in any of the court transcripts.

Please post a link to the court transcripts.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Beaky said:
There was a conflict of interest, he was in love with another woman. He should not have been able to decide her fate.

I disagree. If my husband were in the same situation, I'd try to keep him alive until I realized it was pointless. Then I'd move on with my life. That wouldn't mean that I didn't have love and respect for my husband. It would simply mean that I was putting my past behind me.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Beaky, what you and Mr. Rossingnol don't know (or fail to acknowledge) is that there was no other legal action available other than removing the feeding tube. The laws of Florida and every state in the Union, save Oregon, state it is against the law to euthanize a person. Do we just break the laws when they don't suit or needs? And to attack those fabulous people that work in the Hospice systems is just childish and further expresses the true character of the true scumbag, namely Mr. Kenneth Rossignol.

Beaky

Beaky
elaine said:
I disagree. If my husband were in the same situation, I'd try to keep him alive until I realized it was pointless. Then I'd move on with my life. That wouldn't mean that I didn't have love and respect for my husband. It would simply mean that I was putting my past behind me.

My point......when YOU decide to move on.....should you be the one to decide at that time that you husband should just died because you want to move on. Or would you let the blood relatives who are willing to take care of him decide.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah!

And to attack those fabulous people that work in the Hospice systems is just childish and further expresses the true character of the true scumbag, namely Mr. Kenneth Rossignol.

What he said.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
elaine said:
That's the greatest gift you can give! I know my hubby and I have both spelled it out to each other--no artificial means PERIOD-EVER. And the promise to each other to go on with our lives and if we were to find love again-so be it! Be happy.

Hell, I've gone so far as to pick which girlfriends would be my replacement!!!
right Morgan!?!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Beaky said:
My point......when YOU decide to move on.....should you be the one to decide at that time that you husband should just died because you want to move on. Or would you let the blood relatives who are willing to take care of him decide.

As his spouse, it is my legal right to make that decision, based on approval by the medical authorities. No, I would not let the blood relatives make that decision, regardless of what they are willing to do. I would lay my husband to rest, because he is dead.

Mikeinsmd

Beaky said:
Could you translate that from Tiggerease to english please? :confused: