Great...I have Face mites

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/face-mites-live-on-all-adults-study-suggests-1.2757354

Face mites are just half a millimetre long and not visible to the human eye, CBC science columnist Torah Kachur told Gill Deacon, host of CBC's Here and Now. "They're semi-transparent, they have eight legs, they kind of look like a tiny, in a way, see-through caterpillar."

Until recently, scientists thought that only a small proportion of the population had face mites.

However, a new study led by Megan Thoemmes, a graduate student in biology at North Carolina State University, found that 100 per cent of 253 people over age 18 sampled by her team had mite DNA on their faces, suggesting that the mites could be universal inhabitants of adult humans.

Attachments

• demodex-face-mite.jpg
    demodex-face-mite.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 325

NextJen

Raisin cane
"100 per cent of 253 people over age 18 sampled by her team had mite DNA on their faces..."

That means poop, doesn't it?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They are not hard to control. I wipe lighter fluid all over my face and then set it on fire. Works great.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Those pictures are disturbingly phallic. Methinks Ms. Thoemmes should find herself a boyfriend and forget all this mite nonsense.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, I kind of :eyebrow: at the lighter fluid trick, but then I started thinking about how men have what looks like a microscopic penis all over their face. Like, LOTS of penises. Then the lighter fluid solution started making more sense.